rFactor 2 Build 798 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Jul 22, 2014.

1. MJP

MJP Registered

That line has been in the player file since the very first build release (B49).

2. Marc Coyles

Marc Coyles Registered

Autoupdate from working 770 (regular UAC install) failed when, during syncmanager run, it couldn't remove the old dedicated server exe from core and bombed, leaving me with not a lot to go on regards restarting the process after manual removal of file.

Backed up packages, deleted everything, started again with fresh downloads of lite installer and full content packages.

Code:
    20140724 171557    Using detection data version 5.03 (detection engine 3.51.1). This version can detect 7250119 items.
    20140724 171557    User (NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM) has started on-access scanning for this machine.
    20140724 174559    File "C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Launcher\Launch rFactor.exe" belongs to virus/spyware 'Mal/NecursDrp-B'.
    20140724 174602    File "C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Launcher\Launch rFactor.exe" belongs to virus/spyware 'Mal/NecursDrp-B'.
    20140724 174602    On-access scanner has denied access to location "C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Launcher\Launch rFactor.exe" for user Marci-Macbook\Marci
    20140724 174606    File "C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Launcher\Launch rFactor.exe" belongs to virus/spyware 'Mal/NecursDrp-B'.
    20140724 174606    On-access scanner has denied access to location "C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Launcher\Launch rFactor.exe" for user Marci-Macbook\Marci
    20140724 174613    File "C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Launcher\Launch rFactor.exe" belongs to virus/spyware 'Mal/NecursDrp-B'.
    20140724 174613    On-access scanner has denied access to location "C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Launcher\Launch rFactor.exe" for user Marci-Macbook\Marci
    20140724 174617    File "C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Launcher\Launch rFactor.exe" belongs to virus/spyware 'Mal/NecursDrp-B'.
    20140724 174617    File "C:\Users\Marci\Desktop\rFactor2.lnk" belongs to virus/spyware 'Mal/NecursDrp-B'.
    20140724 174621    File "C:\Users\Marci\Desktop\rFactor2.lnk" has been cleaned up.
    20140724 174622    File "C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Launcher\Launch rFactor.exe" has been cleaned up.
    20140724 174622    Virus/spyware 'Mal/NecursDrp-B' has been removed.
    Sophos Endpoint security Endpoint & Control v10.3 with latest update (version as quoted).

Have manually added file exclusions for all mentioned within OnAccess & OnDemand exclusion lists, and am about to try again.

EDIT: Installs successfully with above exclusions in place within Sophos.

3. atlantakat

atlantakat Registered

Just thought I'd chime in with my upgrade experience and my 2 cents:

Jeers -- ISI deactivated my on-line license in June, so I can't use auto-update anymore???? Hmm. I bought my license so long ago, I don't remember what I paid for, but an e-mail telling me whatever I had paid for was ending would have been nice.....

Cheers -- I never used auto-update in the first place, so I have gotten pretty good at downloading new lite builds and installing them.

Jeers -- I really need to zap everything and start afresh? Reluctant to do that before I know exactly what the "expiration" of my license means.....

Cheers -- Ok, that was not that bad, probably 15 minutes of work and the suggestions from Tim and others made it pretty painless. Copying over the correct config files, etc. means I am set up and ready to get out on track regardless of my "expired" license.

Jeers -- Can't get SimVibe to work anymore. That is a real problem. Games that don't work with SimVibe don't get played at my house. Really.

Cheers -- Berney is all over the issue, Sim Vibe is patched within a matter of hours. Kudos to Berney!

Jeers -- The patch does not work -- at least for me and many others. Berney is working on it, I know, but Tim/ISI please give him whatever support he needs. He's a cool guy with a great set of products (and did I say before, I don't play games that don't shake my butt?).

Cheers -- But I nonetheless take the Formula Renault out to Mid-Ohio and holy cow! I have gained about 10-15 FPS. Car command, steering input and driving feel are all sharper, smoother (and will be even more satisfying once Sim Vibe is up and running). No micro-stutters, fewer graphical glitches. Code is stable and I have cranked up most all the eye-candy and am getting consistent 65-80 FPS with a full field on triple screens using SLI 760s (admittedly still not using multi-view, but I never got comfortable with multi-view -- I have always just set up a fairly wide FOV, played around with seat position, and then let that single image wrap right around me and keep the frame rates cooking!).

Jeers -- The usual anxieties rear up. Release date for a GA product? What did I pay for 2 years ago anyway? Can ISI cancel me without notice again? How much are they going to charge me if I ever do take the plunge and drive on-line again? Will there by anyone on-line in the first place? Are all mods going to be done in AC going forward?

Cheers -- But then I remember how well the rFactor2 now looks and feels and the fears and misgivings melt away. The game experience has finally matched the physics. Keep it up ISI. This is the best build yet and a huge step-up. Now help Berney with SimVibe and I am a happy camper (until I get the bug to race on-line. Grrr.)

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

i'm not even going to google what jeers means

5. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

6. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Thank you :p

7. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Yep and it is only for DevMode. This setting is ignored in retail mode.

8. zaphman

zaphman Registered

Yee. Same here. Two connected controllers seams to work for me. Connecting the third controller and more makes the controller settings tab unresponsive. (I "need" five controllers for wheel, pedal, shifter and button boxes)

9. speed1

speed1 Banned

Don't know if it could have to do with the power settings. :confused: Maybe it's worth a look.

In the Device Manager dialog box, expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    Right-click USB Root Hub and then click Properties.
    In the USB Root Hub Properties dialog box, click the Power Management tab.
    Remove the check from the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box. Repeat steps 1 through 4 for each USB Root Hub listed in the Device Manager.

Check human interface devices as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2014
  10. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I have 3 Controller working...

1. Wheel
    2. Pedals
    3. Button Box

11. rwkeating

rwkeating Registered

Just catching up but wanted to say I agree with the post that says tying auto update to the subscription stinks especially as the sim is still being developed.

12. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

Please, can we keep with this build FOREVER????
    Game is working like it NEVER has!
    Only issue is with skin transfer in our league: it causes CTDs.
    Once it's off, no more issue!
    :)

13. zaphman

zaphman Registered

Wow. Driver issue! Thrustmaster. I have both a TX wheel and the TH8RS. There was a conflict isssue. Solved with new driver installation. (http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=1&fid=2&pid=367&cid=15)

14. Marc Coyles

Marc Coyles Registered

I sent it in to Sophos for analysis via work's corporate account - should now be fixed in any Sophos definition updates performed after 25 July 2014 14:03 (BST)...

15. javirulo007

javirulo007 Registered

Hi guys
    I did a fresh install as described here and have this error in mod dev option: "Failed to launch Mod Development Tool. Ensure that rFactor2 Mod Mode 32bit.exe is located in Core and this application is in the root of the install directory."
    The best thing is that I am using a 64 bit system.

16. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

17. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

It still stinks because you cannot auto Update to build 798. That means wipe rf2 totally and start all over again. I repeat to Update a game wipe it and start all over??? Since many delete Their mods after install to save space we have to download all the mods again. Since there is no place where you Can simply see all official and unofficial cars tracks and plugins gathered you have to go through a forum (what a joke in a product based on 3rd party tracks and cars) to try and find what you had before. So to sum up. Yeah It stinks. A Nice and user friendly move from isi would be to apologize for this stinky mistake of a decision and release a patch so auto Update works on previous builds. Since user friendliness is not a priority this of course wont happen.

18. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I only have one instance of my packages folder in the data directory (which is the same as core) in my computer. It take one second to "move" (not copy) all that to a backup directory before cleaning all directories and install a fresh light build when needed. If people erase the package directory, well, don't complain it took time to download it again. The AutoUpdater feature is from now enabled for everybody because they saw the amount of support needed to help everybody to install a build and how difficult it could be for some (IMO). It's a smart move from ISI. Futures build will be easier for everybody, it's not that often they change directories structures AFAIK.

19. stonec

stonec Registered

Autoupdate works just fine with previous builds. If you for some reason haven't got an active online account, then it doesn't work prior to build 798, but then again you were informed about this when you bought the product. Regarding mods, ISI can't host 3rd party mods on their website, mods are not official content of rF2.

20. atlantakat

atlantakat Registered

I was "informed" that I would not be able to use the auto-update feature at some unspecified date in the future when I paid good money for a beta product over TWO YEARS AGO?

Sorry, I don't remember being so advised.

For a product that is still in Beta TWO YEARS LATER, I don't think ISI should be taking any functionality away from anyone prior to the product going GA -- let alone the tool that installs new BETA builds of said product.

And further, an e-mail to the licensee warning that some aspect of their license is near expiration is a minimum customer service requirement from a vendor.

I love the new build. But in my mind, there is no way to spin ISI's conduct re: auto update.