rFactor 2 Build 798 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Hi Noel,
    checked: It is 1.0e.

2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I'm out of ideas then. :(

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Fanatics that reformat their hardrive to get 2 fps more ................. who is being fanciful. ? :rolleyes:

4. Tom

Tom Registered

Don't know if this is the proper place, sorry if not. In build 798 rF2 CTD when leaving track in SINGLE PLAYER only. It doesn't happen when on a server, just SINGLE PLAYER. Anyone else having this problem? It's quite annoying.

Thanks,

Tom

5. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Double checked: when the server is passworded and everything related to the actual rfmod is uninstalled and deleted (on the client), mod download failed, when the server is without password, download is working. Would be nice to see an official statement/help?

6. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I have this problem that vmod download from a server doesn't never start with the first try with this build... I usually have to refresh server list at least one time in order to start the vmod download. What's up with this? But it's nice to see that there is more accessible servers nowadays.

7. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Someone said this in our league too, he refresh and at a moment that's work. Not very cool, but it's a temporary solution, waiting the fix.

8. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I have this too, didn't bother to report but it happens every single time.

9. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

This happen to others, too:

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...nces-Login-with-PW-failed?p=296176#post296176

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/20697-Get-mod-broken-after-770?p=296199#post296199

10. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

Apologies for every one on this forum. My behaviour earlier in this thread was totally inappropriate.
    Just lost my mind because couldn't get this damn game working after 12 hours of trying everything. Obviously that was not anyone's fault on this forum, and i'm very sorry for pouring it on all of you.

Kel.

11. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

People don`t know that we Fin`s sometimes just loose it :)

I hope that I see you soon online mate :cool:

12. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

Well with me, it's not just being Finn, but also being bat crazy son of a bitch...but..what can i do about it. not ready to sign out of this life just yet..

I'll be online as soon as i can get this freakin game workin.
    atm it seems that the cause might be a scandinavian alphabet in my last name.
    Noticed when activating fresh 798 install it couldn't create the name file right (left the last name section blanc), and after that the launcher wouldn't start again. didn't help to edit the name file manually either.
    Strangely 770 works fine, but i noticed that it creates the last name there but cuts it at the spot of the scandi alphabet and deletes everything after that, including my nickname. doesn't interfere with the game launch though, so im playing 770 offline untill this is resolved. :(

13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

imo you shouldn't anyway.

When you download a mod you should go offline and check it when you come back online everything will be commander peachy keen.

Guess it has to do with patience. :rolleyes: lol .......;)

14. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

If I have anything going for me its patience :)

15. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Has there been any mention on why some custom skins stopped working?

16. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Hope things will be fixed soon :)

17. ignaciobruhn

ignaciobruhn Registered

HI, i did try fresh and automatic update. rfactor2 works but it loose all connection with the platform ( simulator platform CKAST2), trackmap and motec. i did try to move the plugins to the bin64 folder also launcher folder but doesn't make any difference. only way to make it works was uninstall build 798 and install 770.

any idea?????

18. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I use TrackMap, but it works with rF2 x86 version only.

19. javirulo007

javirulo007 Registered

Hi mates
    Before updating to 798, i have an important doubt.
    I have a pc 64bits and windows 7 64 bits.
    I read that there are two methods to install B798: fresh install and update. Fresh install is a thing that i rather wouldn't like to do it, but also read that update can bring some problems. So can I update without problems? In case of not, fresh install can be a new install in other folder instead?

20. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I've seen many peeps successfully auto-update, worked for me as well. I would just do it man. if it doesn't work you are going to fresh-install anyways.
    After the update goto userdata/Log and delete the contents of shaders and cbash folders.

And yes, you can also have a fresh install on a different location no problems.
    If you will be using 2 installs I recommend using just the one Packages folder though (change path in one of the install's mod manager)