rFactor 2 Build 798 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I have no issues on a fresh 798 installation. I`m not using addons/plugins, except Trackmap, wich is running only on x86 (TAB Advanced, check 32 Bit). To avoid some crashes i ever use rf2 with the option "Window Mode". Maybe it would a good idea, to install everything new & clear, without any addons/plugins? Afterwards test some ISI track/car combinations. This is what i have done and i got no problems. Because of your "Verification Issue", are you on license with online subscription? If not, maybe this is the reason...

2. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

I'm getting the same as you for the first two items. Haven't given up yet so will report back if I discover anything.

Edit - Here is a video...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2014
  3. speed1

speed1 Banned

Like changing standard and tested equipment of a car and blame the manufacturer for bad performance. I would like to know if those having problems starting a clean rf2. Of course not every issue is on the user side but the most of for sure anyway.

4. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Heh, I'm on my 3rd fresh install. My 64bit plugins worked sporadically yesterday, i.e. SimXperience worked if rF2 is launched from the Sim Commander 3 console, if not it invariably freezes rF2. Very strange, probably the 3rd party plugin issue or the new rF2 structure.

-As I get to the rFactor 2 main menu (not the Launcher), rF2 minimizes to the desktop. Update: this issue seems to go away after a PC restart. Update 2: The issue is back lol.
    -When I click on the Update tab it says up to date as expected, then in Verification everything gives me a "verification failed". I'm not sure if this is a big issue, but it has never happened.???
    -The 64bit plugins are again freezing (rF2 not responding) when they try to load. This issue had somehow gone away yesterday.
    -I have had one rF2 freeze navigating the options tabs.
    -My custom skin loads fine when on track and viewing a replay while still in the event. Once I exit and review the replay, the skin has reverted to the MOD's default. <---would love someone to confirm this issue on your install please.

5. TJones

TJones Registered

Maybe it helps to some, when i tell what i did to install this build.

- First copied my packages folder to save it.
    - Deinstalled rF2, in fact the routine deinstalled my second rF2 (last unstable) installation because this was the latest installation.
    So i had to erase my first rF2 installation (programm and data folder) manually.
    - Installed Build 798 (programm to C:\Games\rFactor 2 and data to \MyDocuments\rFactor2)
    - Placed my old packages folder in the new data section.
    - Started launcher and configured hardware.
    - Started modmanager, selected all mods and let them install all in a row.
    - Configured graphics, controller, sound ...
    - Started singleplayer, choose FR2014 and MidOhio and race.
    Just before menu came up, application crashed to desctop.
    - Decided to try again and this time all worked as expected.
    - Copied "Motec plugin 28Jun2014" and "PedalOverlayPlugin 1.0.0.11", those with "_x64" in my rF2 programmfolder under \Bin64\Plugins and the 32bit version (without _x64 ending) in \Bin32\Plugins. "MotecPlugin" folder in both sections.
    - Started singleplayer again, choose F-ISI and Silverstone, practice session with rain. Plugins worked fine so far.

Only tried 64bit version and singleplayer so far, no further problems.

6. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Below is my just posted update at SimXperience forums:

"OK, now I'm confused and frustrated.

I de-installed the 64bit plugins, made sure only the 32bit ones were properly located. I then started in 32bit mode option in the Advanced tab of the Launcher. Once I get on track, as the plugins start loading, rF2 again froze. So this issue seems to be happening to both plugin types."

I am starting to suspect something else is going on here since bot 32bit and 64bit plugins seem to be freezing rF2 v798 when loading them on-track..

7. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

8. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Same here. I have a crash dump and wait Berney answer to provide it to him (my post is few posts above your)...patience, patience ;)

9. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

10. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

11. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

made a fresh install, my Launcher still says

Failed to launch Mod Development Tool

Ensure that rFactor2 Mod Mode 32bit.exe is located in Core and this application is in the root of the install directory

What do I do?

12. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

13. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Noel

As suggested by YoLolo, I downloaded the Launcher quick fix alternative. I backed up my original, then replaced it with the new one. The Launched worked fine, rF2 did not minimize. After I quit rFactor 2, I tried to start it again (the Launcher), it did nothing. I tried several times, even rebooted the PC...nothing. If I try to delete/replace it says it is being used, though my Task Manager does not show it running. I then rebooted, deleted it and moved back my original backup. It launched once, then it again would not work after exiting. I am going to have to create a fresh install yet again. See below:

View attachment 13689

14. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Yes this problem is also happening to me

15. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Voltaic, it work for lot of people according the thread I provided, unfortunately not for all according this other thread where Jeremy also suggested this Launcher fix without sucess :(

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-2(need-help)!?p=266960&viewfull=1#post266960

I guess something is wrong with the Launcher and they still work on it for sure... I'm lucky as all is fine with my stock one (don't need the Launcher provided later by Jeremy).

BTW I never close the Launcher myselft when I'm in an rFactor 2 evening. If I exit the sim I keep the launcher running so I can return in game quickly. So I just tested full exit and relaunch and work fine. Not really useful to know that for you sorry...

16. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Thank you for the feedback YoLolo.

After a fresh install the problem seems to persist, it seems if I launch any other app, i.e. DXTORY, in the background the Launcher issue happens. I'm not sure about this, I will keep trying. Basically this issue is new as of today :(

For some good news; somehow after getting today's DashMeter new 32/64bit plugins v1.22, rF2 no longer freezes. It is odd becouse I'm sure I tested both the DashMeter and SimXperience separately and individually.

17. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Uninstall game completely just to update? Sorry but what a bad call to make auto updating part of online subscription. This game seriously has to be the least user friendly ever. :(

Edit: I wont even bother. All the cars and tracks I have are deleted from packages folder to save space. So it would mean that I had to spend a whole day finding and downloading the stuff again. I guess I'll enjoy the alternatives for now.

18. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

I found the problem, no thanks to anyone here or ISI. and it took only about 12hours of work. and IT IS because the new credentials check system introduced in this new build! I have the same windows install as i had before in previous builds that worked flawelessly, yet the launcher insists that i have a new system:

View attachment 13692

And the reason why the launcher didn't start up before was that it was thinking that i don't have a license for the game!!! How i Know this? well all my "fresh" installs were fresh except that the .rfactor folder in the appdata-roaming was the same.
    After i deleted it, rebooted, the launcher started normally, giving me the message in the picture when trying to activate (tough only the first time, after that it didn't start again prob thinking this is an illegal copy of the game).

So what now ISI? my system is the same, yet your new launcher insists that it's new. Sort this **** asap, i want to get back to play the game i PAYED FOR.

And to all of you fanboys telling it must be my end where the problem lies, **** you! i hope you get stung by 1000 african honeybees you wankers! same goes to all brown tongue idiots in this forum! so there.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2014
  19. samuelw

samuelw Registered

Autoupdater no prob. Physics seem very fluid with depth. Did a few laps of Brianza with Spark F2. Car understeered into Curve Grande and oversteered into parabolica. 4-wheel drifts through the Lesmos. Great fun.
    Thanks ISI!
    SW

20. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Just installed 798...

As with every update/version of rFactor 2 ever (except once when I simply had to remove one of the files in the appdata roaming folder in order for it to re-create itself) it works perfectly, flawlessly, and 100% just fine for me...

Then again I leave all the install directories/paths to default and use no plugins.