rFactor 2 Build 798 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Jul 22, 2014.

1. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

forgot to delete those files after the update... can I still do it after playing already few times? Do I gain anything? I've had some CTDs so could it be fixed by this?

2. Kaitsu_69

Kaitsu_69 Registered

Yes for first, other questions i cannot answer. After deleting those files, tracks loading longer first time...I've heard.

3. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

If it will fix ctd's, no idea, but it wont hurt to try. the longer loading times first time after delete is shaders etc re-building. after that its back to normal.

4. Paddler

Paddler Registered

Maybe this has been discussed before...
    How come I have 60+ frames and the sim sometimes feels like it's slowing down (stuttering)?

5. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Why, could be a few things, something is not agreeing, could be a certain track, time of day, amount of AI, etc. or graphic settings that are just a bit too much on the edge.
    But for me the rule of thumb is finding a smooth game rather then just going for the fps-counter. they could well be 2 different things.
    I've had builds with 40fps running extremely smooth and 120 fps stuttering like a madman.

I would go hunt for the better framerate, it could also increase your laptimes because smooth=better reaction times.