REPLACED rFactor 2 Build 300 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Sep 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DEK

DEK Registered

Everything fine. Thx ISI.

2. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I hope no major problems in this new build. Seems strange how such a problematic build that wouldnt even run on some computers passes all the tests :confused:

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

3. sg333

sg333 Registered

Fast fix, much appreciated :)

4. Tortue G

Tortue G Registered

Thanks for this quick update, it's better about carbody reflections, but I think it still wrong, it's better in build 240! Not really an improvement actually... Like Tosh said it seem that it is a problem with fresnel reflection.
    Anyway, as said for the 298, the global lightning and colors are really better :) !

And about wet reflection, for me it reflect only the sky, not the other track parts.

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Not sure I understand you. It wouldn't run because of the issue of 4000 char description entries in a few mods, which was fixed.

6. Scythe

Scythe Registered

Not really. Things happen, and they cannot possibly test everything. The amount of hardware configurations that users can have is likely mind boggling.

7. RodBarker

RodBarker Registered

My launcher 0.685 has the update tab now greyed out after updating 298 yesterday , which means I cant update now , I reactivated but its still the same what is causing this to be greyed out now ?

Thanks .

8. ozspeedfreak

ozspeedfreak Registered

@ Spaskis
    Perhaps they're only testing with ISI content. Seeing how it was a small number of 3rd party stuff causing the issue that would explain it. Wasn't too problematic though, just uninstall the offenders and all was good.

9. baristabrian

baristabrian Registered

The build 300 updated just fine to my HD, however my leagues servers which previously ran 2 instances of rF2 can now only run 1 at a time. If one is already running we can not launch the second? They had both been running fine previous to the new build.

Any suggestions?

10. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

And wouldn't it be a normal test to have installed third party content published within the forum? It wouldnt be that hard and for sure more representative of an average user.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

11. 88mphTim

You're suggesting that a developer download EVERY MOD THAT EXISTS and run FULL TESTS on EVERY MOD, while saying it WOULDN'T BE THAT HARD? Then, of course, you have to take into account that we would only be testing licensed/unbranded material ourselves, so feel free to line those licensed mods up so I can take a look. Can only laugh, really. :)

12. GaryL

GaryL Registered

I just went to do auto update and am now being told "no account exists with these credentials" when I try to log in, I missed out on 298 yesterday so nothing has been touched and it worked fine a couple of days ago.

13. 88mphTim

Your account was a bit messed up. Try logging OUT, then IN on the launcher. Check if it works. Then, try reactivating after you have logged in again if it doesn't. There was both a failed and successful purchase both using the same email. I changed the email on the failed one, and I'm hoping that'll do it.

14. boxer

boxer Registered

Why the grain on the screen - non HDR mode? (same for build 298/300)
    It appears as an over-processed photo...
    It wasn't like this on build 240.

Re sized image with a 100% crop.
    View attachment 9746

15. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

We had a great improvement on FPS with build 298 +20 fps at all tracks Road reflections look good but third party cars that we run which I converted Where like chrome almost... and I'd just found a nice setting in the shaders and the fresnel reflect, turned hdr off road, environment reflections to low and it was ok

auto updating to 300 now

16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Why I am getting purple graphical artifacts in the Megane cockpit (at ISI tracks) when I use an ISI HDR profile, but not when I use one from Tosch?

Why do I get overblown bloom effects when I use the ISI HDR profile for Silverstone, but not when I use Tosch's?

Is there some other settings that need to be tweaked?

17. 88mphTim

I don't see what you're pointing out. Except the cell network tower.

18. 88mphTim

I think things are a little bright (for my taste) right now. But purple artifacts are a new one on me... Can you take a screenshot before you try to fix it?

19. Sentri

Sentri Registered

I am having similar log in issues are GaryL had only I did a password reset and never received a new password in a email.

20. PMC

PMC Registered

Build 300 fixes the chrome look RICHO ,but they allways seemed very reflective to me , but that might just be my settings,running all on max.

I also got 10+fps increase at Silverstone :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.