REPLACED rFactor 2 Build 300 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Sep 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I sent another password change request. Your account seems fine. What notification were you given? No credentials? No account exists?

2. boxer

boxer Registered

3. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Had a little wine tonight so unable to resist telling story in third person. Apologies in advance...

Galaga awakened in a fog to the usual yelling that ensued due to a poorly-planned morning routine. And, also as usual, he checks the ISI forums before getting out of bed and BAM!!!!! build 298 released! Immediately, the prospect of "working at home" enters his mind but, unfortunately he has actual work to do today which will be impossible to complete at home while testing build 298 in depth.

Reluctantly, he gets out of bed, gets ready and goes to work for what seems to be an eternity. All is good though, he reminds himself, as tonight is open. No kids football. No family plans. Until......

At 2:30 p.m. Galaga's phone rings. It's the wife. This can't be good. She can't say no. "Good afternoon. This is Galaga," he answers.

"Hey, Sweetie", his wife replies, "do you remember the balloon glow tonight?"

"**** think fast" Galaga thinks. "Uh, yeah", he says.

"Well Grandpa and Grandma wanted to go too", says the wife.

"Yes!", Galaga thinks. "I can get outta this easy".

"Don't tell me", he says aloud. "They want to go but not do anything. Well I'm not going if they're going", he says.

"Relax!", the wife says. "You are staying at home and I have a bottle of wine and you can do your sim racing testing or whatever it is you do down in the basement", she says.

"Sweet!", Galaga thinks but says aloud, "oh OK I guess. Would've been fun with just us but if a crowd then yes I can get some stuff done and then be able to have quality family time tomorrow".

"Then it's settled", the wife says.

Galaga immediately sneaks out of work early for "a family emergency" and speeds home to test build 298.

First, to test the auto updater. Failed. That's OK. I usually do a fresh install anyway. Fresh install. Good! FPS improved! Check a few more tracks. ****! What happened? FPS in ****ter! Try this. Try that. Change this in CCC. Try that in CCC. **** it. Do a fresh install and BAM! FPS back. Awesome! New AMD drivers fix crossfire issue? Nope :-(. But FPS is better at every track tested.

Galaga then gets an insane idea. "I'm going to go to Silverstone and I am going to set it on Full", he plans. 15-30 FPS tops. "Not bad, though", he thinks as this is what he was getting at high settings last build. "OK, let's see if High settings are workable". Yes! Almost 60 FPS thru entire track!

Then Galaga has his 4th glass of wine which proves to be the straw that broke the camel's back. "BLACKWOOD!" he screams. "I'm going for it!" he declares.

****! At least no capped at 45 FPS like usual. Up to 55 or 60 at places but still not smooth enough for league. Oh well. He realizes that to say Blackwood is not optimized is an understatement. Silverstone? Silk. Blackwood? Nope.

OK, I'm getting dizzy now. Great job, ISI! :p

4. Sentri

Sentri Registered

No account exists with these credentials. When I log in from the log in on the main window and invalid log in from the purchase tab. I think the password resets have worked, only outlook/hotmail is blocking or not delivering emails from @rfactor.net. Even though I have set @rfactor.net to safe senders.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2013
  5. 88mphTim

6. zonder

zonder Registered

Same for me lot's of grain that is not disturbing but was not there before, looks like ISO noise out of camera is it fault of our hardware or new adition? I run on AMD FX8150 and Radeon HD6950

7. 88mphTim

Yeah, we get CC'd, so we know they get sent.

I'll make up a password, set it, and email it to you from my personal email.

Edit: Done. Check email.

8. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

yep thank @#$& for that. frames are better for me at silverstone than build 240 but not 298

9. Sentri

Sentri Registered

Thanks so much Tim, that worked great. Thanks for going the extra mile too.

Gonna see if M.S. has any contact info and let them know about emails being blocked/not received. If not I might have to switch email accounts.

10. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

lol galaga

11. 88mphTim

Is the FPS real, or is it the wine? :)

12. Galaga

Galaga Banned

I'll let you know tomorrow :p. Also forgot to mention I am now able to add Portugal to my league! One of my favorite courses! Whooooohooooooo!!!!!

13. boxer

boxer Registered

full sunny conditions...30% Humidity...tried changing it but I see no difference... (I made had made no changes from the previous build, only change would be during the install/update if that is possible.)

The grain pattern appears to be is always the same!!! as if there is image being superimposed?

My specs are AMD 955 + Nvidia 660Ti 3GB

14. 88mphTim

Thanks for the info. I will pass this on, not sure if it is something intentional or not.

15. myself9

myself9 Registered

Used auto updater again, and everything went smoothly. Whew!

Just for the hell of it, I turned EVERY graphic setting to max, enabled FSAA and even turned on my mirrors.
    Smoooooth 60fps, and I'm only running a GTX 660ti OC.
    Nice work, again!

16. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

sorry didn't get to reply to this before old release thread closed, I was at work.

What I meant to say is that when watching replays the car shadow and car LOD's are set too close. This results in an unnatural floating car without shadows; and jarring LOD model swaps. Extending the shadow and LOD's much further would be greatly appreciated. It just doesn't do rf2 justice the way it is now.

17. whitmore

whitmore Registered

What car and what track ? how many AI ?

18. 88mphTim

Oh, I agree. I hope visual things (which is both the most like thing to make sales, and to stop them) will take a higher priority now they've got some gains on FPS.

19. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

Fantastic! Thanks for the info. My tears are gone! :D

20. PMC

PMC Registered

I have a GTX660 + i5 all maxed with mirrors and 10 AI (Utes) 60+ FPS on grid , haven't touched FXAA.

EDIT: At Silverstone

EDIT AGAIN! With correct resolution on 27' it seems no FPS gain ,-50fps

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.