rF2 screen shots.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by F1lover, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raekwon

raekwon Registered

it seems to me smoke...not water
    hope some day it will be better!!!

2. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

3. Rik

Rik Registered

I agree with you.

4. Twista

Twista Registered

I'm making the 2012 Clio Cup UK season. So far I've completed 4/20 cars. Here's the first few skins...

[​IMG]
    Late Season:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If anyone wants too give me a hand, shoot me a PM.

5. Jan Cato Larsen

Jan Cato Larsen Registered

The reason it looks jagged and angular is because it is a 2D texture. it changes as you turn the camera. Soma angles, like the one in my image makes it look alright, some makes it look like 1984. It is what it is. it can only get better, and I think it will.

6. Dennis May

Dennis May Registered

i really like the lighting with the hdr profile gp_realistic at Malaysia :)

[​IMG]

7. Rik

Rik Registered

I'm sure that it will be better ;)

@nice work Twista

8. Isarmann

Isarmann Registered

For those of you who would like to make the changes to keep spray out of the car... I posted about this in the "Build 198" thread, but it seemed like the complaints overwhelmed it--- no one really said anything in response. Anyway, so you don't have to go find it there, here is what I said:

"Okay, folks... if you want to keep the spray out of the car, a few tweaks are needed.

As was mentioned earlier, the key is editing the PLR file...

First, turn off the raindrops ("Rain Drops="0" // If true, rain falls")-- should say "If true, rainDROPS are visible". Turn it off, and rain will still fall--- but now those poor-looking raindrops won't be visible; inside or outside the car.

So now we have no huge raindrops in the cabin.

Next, you must set the various "flow over vehicle" options to "1" (true). 2 (flow over other vehicles) doesn't seem to do right--- I believe that right now you could say 2 = flow over only other vehicles (but not your own). The "raindrop flow" one probably doesn't matter, since we turned it off--- but it doesn't work (drops are still intruding with it on, as the devs said, raindrops aren't fully implemented yet), so just having the drops off is the answer for those--- but I went ahead and got all my "flows" going, while I was at it. Rainspray is of course the one that interests us here...

Now, the spray will begin to not intrude, but it still might not be right.... this is where the emitter offsets come into play.

Vehicle Flow Radius="5.00000" // Vehicle sphere radius for smoke/flames/dust/spray
    Vehicle Flow Offset="4.20000" // Offset below vehicle where sphere center is located

These two lines could be read to be only about the sphere that does the emitting of things, and indeed they may control that--- but it is also the sphere that defines the outside of your vehicle for purposes of things flowing over them. You might notice that the values above are not the defaults I found there--- they are what I changed those values to (just slight increases) to push the last two inches or so of visible mist outside the cabin (it still intruded at first).

So, now you should find, as I did, that rain itself (in the sense of falling drops) is invisible, but does still fall... and honestly, who wants to look at it anyway, looking like that, and with no visible drops on the glass? But the mist will stay out, leading to exactly the effect you have in deep fog--- inside the cabin is crystal-clear; outside you have a whiteout.

Worked a treat for me, and I think that's the best we're going to do for now, as far as making these effects look good. I agree with the thickness/dissipation problems, but if you want to use it at all, I found I could like this--- seeing those 2D frames of mist in the car with me ruined the effect so totally I would rather not use it at all.

I hope it works for you guys; enjoy!"

I did have to adjust some of those numbers and retest to get it right... try driving the car backwards, and also check the third-person view when you drive through spray, or create spray. Sometimes it will look right from one of these views, but not others--- and if it's wrong, things you emit that should come from the tires can spawn 10 feet above the car! There will certainly be no mist in your cabin, but it looks utterly bizarre.

9. kosmo1982

kosmo1982 Registered

thx a lot Isarmann, i was looking for it but couldnt find it

10. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

look at this screenshot link: http://cjoint.com/?0DeuEOB2gEh

with build 198, all cars are translucent, as veiled (card= HD5870 and windows7, 64 bits)

Any help?

11. tjc

tjc Registered

They seem to be like this in the spinner view no matter what but ok on track.

If not ok on track then I think turning HDR on sorts it out. :)

12. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

Thank you very much : HDR on fix it! (it was not ok on the track : it was worse!)

But what is strange is that I didn't have this issue with the other builds...?

13. tjc

tjc Registered

Glad to help...

For me, they are ok on track but then I have HDR on usually.

The fact that you didn`t have these issues in previous builds but have it now just comes down to the process of us testing software in development.

Something in the new build has caused this but it`ll be fixed up.

:)

14. Rooney

Rooney Registered

Hey Dennis where i can download hdr profiles for All tracks ?

Enviado desde mi HTC HD2 usando Tapatalk 2

15. Dennis May

Dennis May Registered

sorry, I think they must be included with the tracks. They are not additional.

16. tjc

tjc Registered

You`ll find a lot of HDR profiles (a lot done by Tosch) here :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2013
  17. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

What HUD plugin are you using?

18. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Thats TrackMap, search on forum, latest version is 0.92

19. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Trackmap is nice, but I didn't understand how to enable/disable and move all HUD infos :confused:

20. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

"Something in the new build has caused this but it`ll be fixed up"

Ok, I'll play with HDR on till next build then I'll return to HDR off (I play with a laptop and spare computer's resources to prevent overheating)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.