[REL] rF2 Rivals - inspired by Forza 4+ Rival mode

Discussion in 'Other' started by Gerald Jacobson, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Gerald Jacobson

Gerald Jacobson Registered

Your time will be sent to the server only if you beat the rival lap time. In fact while you do not have the message saying you to gi back to the main menu, it mean that for the plugin you have not beat the rival so there is no reason to update the server.

2. matf1

matf1 Registered

I just haven't had time to test. But I just tried twice to beat skip barber time posted at sao Paulo. Beat it by two seconds but no message and no upload. I'll try to provide more info tomorrow.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

3. whitmore

whitmore Registered

OK I now understand when to expect data to bet sent to server. What does confuse me is that the ghost car is not always becoming visible. I have just done suapaulo with the EGT Aston. First try with plugin running no ghost. Second try without plugin ghost car ok. Third try plugin running ghost car visible did not beat rival. Fourth try plugin running rival time posted don screen but no ghost car.

When ever I try new track that no driver has driven all works as expected. Ghost car and data update to server. I am yet to beat a rival time to see if data will get sent as it should.

I think it would be good for each completed time lap to get sent to the server and update accordingly as I post faster times. That way players of all levels will have the choice of a lap time close to them to choose as a rival. If an alien posts the first time then as it will not likely to be beaten it will not give a good choice as a rival to most players. The ghost car will be too far in the distance to be of any use in learning from.

The multiple rival choice window is not populating with rivals to choose from.

I did remove all other plugins as a test but results still the same.

4. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

I believe there is agreement at least among some that presence of ghost can be inconsistent and sometimes ghost will be AI. DeltaBest is more reliable and informative.

5. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

gerald thx for plugin

i just tested and everything works fine here.
    i tested palm beach with skipy,ghost was there,rival time was there.even tried with nacional tires one lap and time is on rank to.

thx again

6. Gerald Jacobson

It is not possible, indeed a new ghost is only recorded on disk (when you go back to the main menu) only if you have beaten the current ghost. It is why i have allowed to use yourself as rival (it is the only way to record a new ghost when you beat your own best lap)

I have only when you have already a lap recorded, i will made a try when you did not have time yet to see if there is an issue

7. Gerald Jacobson

New Version Available
    - Fix "Get Specific Rival" empty list (occured when you have not a laptime already for the current track/class)

8. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

I haven't been able to test the tool yet so when you say you allow to use self as rival does that mean this is optional? If so maybe it should not be optional so more times are posted? Of course I have no idea what I am talking about but maybe you get the idea even if dumb idea?

9. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Update to server very inconsistent.
    Took EGT Aston to tiger moth R2 . No driver has driven.
    Set reference lap new record exit to main to send data to server - success

Close both game extension windows- check task manager to make sure application is no longer running. -all good.
    Start up game extension
    Load rival data - success ( is my record time)
    Start game, go to race - rival time displayed all ok
    Complete 4 laps beat rival time on two of the laps - no new record message - new ghost created ok and visible.
    Exit game
    Restart game - same track same car rival still loaded from previous - complete 3 laps beat rival time -new record message success
    Exit to main screen to send data to server - success
    Go to race again - same car same track - updated rival time displayed all ok.
    Complete 3 laps - beat rival time - no new record message
    Exit game
    Go to race - same car same track - rival time displayed all ok
    Complete 3 laps beat rival time - new record message - success
    Exit to main screen to update server - failed message as per attached picture.
    The process just seems to be very inconsistent.
    Log file attached - has been renamed as TXT file
    TTL file attached has been renamed with a ZIP file extension.

Another Test
    Took Nissan 370Z to Putnam park.
    Very much the same as above. First time there ( no other driver has driven the track) record not recognised.
    Exit out of everything then reload game extension console and rival then start up game and all worked as expected.
    No errors on sending data to server during this test.

Sunday 7 December.
    Confirming from yesterday that again today that it takes two times of loading the console and rival and the game for the console to recognise a new record.
    First try today complete 3 laps Beat rival time but record not recognised.
    Exit game and all gamextension files.
    Reload game extension and rival
    Restart Game Rival time displayed all ok
    Complete 3 laps beat rival time new record recognised and data sent to server all ok.
    New record no won server.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2014
  10. Gerald Jacobson

ok thanks, it seems that something goes wrong in the plugin (it is the plugin that decide if the best lap have been beaten or not). So, if you don't have the message saying that you can go back to the main menu, it is only due to the plugin, not the game extension.

I will made some try to understand what can be the cause of not behing able to detect a new best lap.

Did you do something special during your laps (go pitlane, etc...) or just several consecutive laps.

Thanks

11. Gerald Jacobson

For the log file you provided, is it what you seen in your session ?
    - you have beaten the best lap
    - you had the message telling you to go back to the main menu
    - you came back to the main menu, and see the message telling you that the data are sent to the website.
    - but the data have not been sent to the web site ?

If yes, it seems that rF2 had not writen the TTL on disk (normally it is written on disk as soon as you reach the main menu), and so the game console wait at max 10s to see if the file (timestamp) have changed since you have retrieved the Rival TTL.

Here, in red, the problem logged
    Code:
    2014-12-06 19:33:52,660 [8] DEBUG rF2GameExtension.Rivals.Listener.Processsors.RivalOvertakenProcessor [(null)] - Trame recieved.
    2014-12-06 19:33:52,661 [8] DEBUG rF2GameExtension.Rivals.Listener.Processsors.RivalOvertakenProcessor [(null)] - Console and game synchronzed. Sending information to website...
    2014-12-06 19:34:02,664 [8] WARN  rF2GameExtension.Rivals.Listener.Processsors.RivalOvertakenProcessor [(null)] -[COLOR="#FF0000"] 10s Timeout reach while waiting the creation of the TTL file by rF2[/COLOR].

Damn, i did not though i will have as many issue with this one :(

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2014
  12. whitmore

whitmore Registered

The log file is for the first test only. (the ttl file I attach in the message was written to the disk at the time).
    This error message has not occurred again.

I am doing nothing special during laps just consecutive laps

13. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

whitmore i saw your ghost on R2 Tiger after i finished first lap
    i think solution is to make it working,like this:
    first delete replay files of track you want to use if you made some laps before

second set ai strength and agression to minimum in game(because ai is driving the car (its not ghost yet)til you make full lap)

third to be sure first load another track,go on track you dont need to drive,hit esc end go back to main menu and chose track you want to drive again

and final and i think this is major problem you need to go in race settings and change from scriped to sunny (i had first two times problem like you on this track,made record but it didnt save it, and i changed this and ghost was there and time was recorded)

hope this help

14. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

Is this plugin dev still live ?
    Can you make it work as a dedicated server ?

15. Gerald Jacobson

Could you detail your thought?

16. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

I mean, being able to host a decentralized server, that can manually sync with the main server.