[REL] rF2 Rivals - inspired by Forza 4+ Rival mode

Discussion in 'Other' started by Gerald Jacobson, Nov 22, 2014.

1. whitmore

whitmore Registered

HI Gerald downloaded from OP file to choose still asking for rFactor2.lnk?

2. Gerald Jacobson

Gerald Jacobson Registered

yes, the change will be available on the next version only (and then, i will edit the first post)

now use this:
    Until the next version of the tool, just create a file named "rFactor2.lnk" in the main directory (the one who contains "Core", "Launcher", etc...)

3. redapg

redapg Registered

But e.g. not the information which upgrade a player has chosen and that was the information that you would like to have, as you've posted.

4. Gerald Jacobson

I think there is something to do with the CCH file, but yet, i don't know exactly the format of the SERIES entry

5. redapg

redapg Registered

Maybe the tempGarage.svm file from the ..\UserData\player folder can help you out.
    Upgrades seem to be stored there too, so my first guess was wrong. :)

6. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Hi Gerald here is my first feedback in the form of some questions and suggestions.

- The ghost car I see drives always my best time or ? I ask because it would be awesome to see the driving line of the rival. I have no idea if it's possible to transfer and inject the data for the ghost car via the ISI plugin interface.
    - Is it possible to make the HUD position of the rival plugin variable over some ini settings ? (I'm on triple screen and the insert is outside on the upper left side not good to see for me).
    - Some additional details to the saved lap time about the environment conditions would be nice for example: Daytime, weather, temp. of air and track.

In any case a great idea I hope it will fill up quick with some lap times to get some rivals :)
    I had left a entry with Sao Paulo and the EGT AM.

thx alex

7. Gerald Jacobson

The ghost is the one of your rival, not yours. It is yours only if you have no rival or if you just beat the rival and you have not yet returned to the rF2 main screen (to upload your new record and collect your next reval ghost) -> you need to go back to the main menu, because the ghost file is loaded during the "Loading Track/Car" step (i cannot inject it on the fly)

Yes i have to do it.

For now, i wait to find a way to fix condition (real road, time, etc... so the hot lap will be much more fairly). So i did not have decided yet what i can/will do
    In any case a great idea I hope it will fill up quick with some lap times to get some rivals :)
    I had left a entry with Sao Paulo and the EGT AM.

thx alex

8. Mikk Quickmikk

Mikk Quickmikk Guest

Hi Gerald,

great idea, working good so far, did a quick round to check in SaoPaulo,
    no Problem, only by returning to rf2 main menu ctd, but data was saved.

Keep on doing the upgrades and classes,
    grats from Mikk :cool:

9. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

yes have the same I think the reason is that the rF2 window lost the focus because the rF2GameExtension window got the focus for some reason and since my rF2 makes a cdt when the task is switched with ALT+Tab I presume this CTD happen due the same reason ?
    Is this possible gerald ? If I'm right would it be possible to suppress the "got focus" for the rF2 GameExtension task?

thx alex

@Mikk refresh the EGT SaoPaulo list :)

10. Gerald Jacobson

Normally it should not get the focus, but i will check it twice.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2014
  11. redapg

redapg Registered

I'm not sure if you already have the file with the wanted information like "Upgrades" or "Series", but the tempGarage.svm file from the ..\UserData\player folder has these informations stored.
    I've already posted it, but am not sure if you've read it.

12. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Getting no rivals feature disabled message eve though I have use my best lap as rival ticked??

13. Gerald Jacobson

The plugin does not have received a response from the console. Check console is running, port, etc...

@redapg: i will look the svm file, thanks

14. Gerald Jacobson

tempGarage.svm is not saved at the same frequency/trigger than other files. So it is not usable. I think the only file seem to be the game file (cch), but i don't know exactly how all works to avoid creating a specific case for Skipbarber that will fail an another case. I hope to have an answer from ISI dev.

15. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Console definitely running what are the correct port numbers.

numbers auto generated into config window I have not entered any of the port numbers.

16. Gerald Jacobson

Take a look to the console and plugin log files, may be you will have the root cause.

17. whitmore

whitmore Registered

I Checked log file but if the answer is in there I am missing it.

The steps I did were.

1. Disable all antivirus
    2. RFactor2.exe linked to game extension config - OK
    3. Create user name & password and create account - OK
    4. Port channels configured as per default - OK
    5. Start RF2 choose Camaro at mid ohio no chicane - OK
    6. Click race, game loads, track loads and transparent trainer loads - OK
    7. Click Rivals Button click load rivals - No driver driven this track- OK I will try to set reference lap
    8. Click race - Error message as shown . Wrong vehicle or class - picture attached
    9. Log file as shown

Notes. I have tried varying the sequence from starting game extension first then loading RF2 or loading RF2 first same error happens.

I make sure to click rivals to match player json file with game extension after json file update.

I have been able to have a rival lap time load (matF1) when using rank button and selecting Skip barber at Palm Beach.

After selecting skip barber at Palm beach in game and reloading rivals Rival time for matF1 loads ok

When going on track connection asks for rival but error - no response rival - rival feature disabled

Log file for this included as well.

I noted that the gamextension EXE file loads as a 32 bit application I am running 64bit rf2

Still looking for answers?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2014
  18. Gerald Jacobson

In your sequence the step 7 must be done before step 6.

In the log file i see the console think the class is Camaro but the plugin sent Camaro GT3 2012. It seem to be the same issue than with skipbarber national. I will look if i can create a fix quicly even if i does not have the rzspo se from ISI about class algorhytm

19. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Small update swapped step 6 and 7 as you asked. no change when using camaro but I did get a little further with skip at palm beach. I now get messsage rival found let's go .green time and timer now show on scree but no ghost car shows. the transparent trainer is on track but no where near me. lapping 2 sec slower than rival time but no ghost 2 seconds in front of me. trainer is set to best at 0.00

20. Gerald Jacobson

Did you had a rival time an dits name for skipbarber (under the big timing) ? or were you the first driver on this track with the skipbarber ?

Note: in rF2, if there is no Transparent trainer file, you will still see a car driving around, but it is not yet a ghost, so it will not restart its position when you cross the start line (and if you use a wingman camera on the ghost car you will see that it is not semi-transparent in this case). The transparent trainer will act as a ghost as soon as you succeed your first valid lap.

Note: The camaro cannot work, i need to fix the class issues for several cars, i'll try to do it thoses days (now i'm sick)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2014