[REL] rF2 Rivals - inspired by Forza 4+ Rival mode

Discussion in 'Other' started by Gerald Jacobson, Nov 22, 2014.

1. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Yes I had rival time. Time belongs to matF1

2. matf1

matf1 Registered

If it matters, I'd set TT to 1sec in advance.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

3. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2014
  4. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

What I remember the ghost car was for me only visible if I set the trainer to best without any time difference.

5. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

I'd like to see a variation on this tool but where instead of ghost it works with DeltaBest.

6. Gerald Jacobson

Gerald Jacobson Registered

rF2 Game Extension 1.0.3 available

- Fix the way the Rival Console find the vehicle class (now should work with all mod)
    - Now you need to choose the "Launch rFactor2.exe" undr the Launcher directory instead of the "rFactor2.lnk" (as it does not always exist) -> your current registered path will be automatically updated.

Note: This weekend i will look to:
    - 1s gap between laptime collected by the console and the rival laptime in the game (need to find a way to reproduce the issue and then fix it)
    - verify the rival console does not get the focus when the game is in foreground

7. Gerald Jacobson

rF2 Game Extension 1.0.4 available

- Fix 1s gap between the laptime displayed in the console and the one displayed in the game (it was only a display error on the console)

Note: This weekend i will look to:
    - verify the rival console does not get the focus when the game is in foreground

8. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Just a note on installation the read me file has this instruction.

Plugin Installation
    - Copy rF2RivalsPlugin.dll (32bit) under <rF2Core>/Bin32/Plugins
    - Copy rF2RivalsPlugin_64x.dll (64bit) under <rF2Core>/Bin64/Plugins

My RF2 core folder does not contain BIN32 or BIN 64 folders.

I think it may be just a language translation thing in that the word "CORE" is more likely to be referring to the RF2 main folder.

Correct me if I have tis incorrect Gerald.

9. Gerald Jacobson

Yes its mean rF2 main (i put core in opposite of data)

10. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Update after install of 1.0.4

Original UI installed
    Use my best lap as rival still not working

Skippy at palm beach again rival matF1 - time display correct. Ghost car does not happen. Some further testing was with palm beach no plugin. Message recording lap for transparent trainer as I start first lap after out lap. But at the start of lap 2 no ghost car and does not matter how many laps no ghost car. I have written in other forum here about ghost car actions but have never been resolved. I think this is a game issue not a plugin issue.

Skippy at midohio - no driver driven track - success for "message too easy no rival" - do laps to set reference lap. Message for recording lap for transparent trainer as I start first lap after out lap. Start of lap 2 ghost car able to be seen and ghost car recorded lap updated as better lap time is set. Return to main screen data does not send to server to set best lap on server.

Tried again to use my best lap as rival - did not work

Camaro at COTA - plugin recognised class OK - success for "message too easy no rival" - do laps to set reference lap. Message for recording lap for transparent trainer as I start first lap after out lap. Start of lap 2 ghost car able to be seen and ghost car recorded lap updated as better lap time is set. Return to main screen data does not send to server to set best lap on server.

My console is not sending data to required website.

After using one track and car combination when going to another track and car combination and updating rival through console previous rival time loads into new combination. Required exit game extension and game and start from launcher and restart console to have new rival time load into a different combination.

Game must be run in window mode to get access to rivals console to load rival. If not used in window mode game CTD on ALT TAB out of game.

Game extension EXE loads as a 32 bit executable

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2014
  11. Gerald Jacobson

Console v1.0.5 Available
    - avoid to display console windows when extracting data from MAS (should fix the issue with rF2 in full screen -> now it should not lost the focus anymore)
    - fix the issue when you check "use my best lap as rival" -> no it works as expected

@whitmore : i made several try but for now i have no issue with ghost, data sent to server, etc... i keep trying to encounter issues

12. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

thx gerald

13. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Camaro at SaoPaulo - Transparent trainer file successfully created. Ghost car successful. Exit game and try to load rival using my best lap time.

As the plugin loads I watch my recorded TTL file get deleted.

Log file also shows where my TTL file gets deleted. If is is deleted how can it be used as a rival and is this why I get message " you have no time yet" when ever I try to use this feature.

Log file attached
    2014-12-02 16:14:44,372 [1] DEBUG rF2GameExtension.rF2RivalsForm [(null)] - Click on Load Rival Data button
    2014-12-02 16:14:44,402 [1] DEBUG rF2GameExtension.rF2RivalsForm [(null)] - Reading F:\rFactor2_880\UserData\player\player.json
    2014-12-02 16:14:44,412 [1] DEBUG rF2GameExtension.rF2RivalsForm [(null)] - Scene file: F:\rFactor2_880\Installed\Locations\ISI_SaoPaulo_2013\1.01\SAOPAULOGP.SCN
    2014-12-02 16:14:44,412 [1] DEBUG rF2GameExtension.rF2RivalsForm [(null)] - Collecting track info from F:\rFactor2_880\Installed\Locations\ISI_SaoPaulo_2013\1.01\SAOPAULOGP.GDB...
    2014-12-02 16:14:44,482 [1] DEBUG rF2GameExtension.rF2RivalsForm [(null)] - Track Name=SaoPaulo GP
    2014-12-02 16:14:44,482 [1] DEBUG rF2GameExtension.rF2RivalsForm [(null)] - Track Settings=SaoPaulo
    2014-12-02 16:14:44,482 [1] DEBUG rF2GameExtension.rF2RivalsForm [(null)] - Collecting vehicle info from F:\rFactor2_880\Installed\Vehicles\ISI_Chevrolet_CamaroGT3_2012\1.49\CAMARO_40.VEH...
    2014-12-02 16:14:44,792 [1] DEBUG rF2GameExtension.rF2RivalsForm [(null)] - UpgradesFilename=Camaro_Upgrades.ini
    2014-12-02 16:14:44,792 [1] DEBUG rF2GameExtension.rF2RivalsForm [(null)] - VehicleName=Camaro #40
    2014-12-02 16:14:44,792 [1] DEBUG rF2GameExtension.rF2RivalsForm [(null)] - Category=Chevrolet, Camaro GT3 2012 extracted Class=Camaro GT3 2012
    2014-12-02 16:14:44,792 [1] DEBUG rF2GameExtension.rF2RivalsForm [(null)] - Collecting upgrades from F:\rFactor2_880\Installed\Vehicles\ISI_Chevrolet_CamaroGT3_2012\1.49\Camaro_Upgrades.ini...
    2014-12-02 16:14:44,922 [1] DEBUG rF2GameExtension.rF2RivalsForm [(null)] - Final VehicleClass=Camaro GT3 2012
    2014-12-02 16:14:44,922 [1] DEBUG rF2GameExtension.rF2RivalsForm [(null)] - Deleting TTL file F:\rFactor2_880\UserData\player\Settings\SaoPaulo\Camaro GT3 2012.ttl
    2014-12-02 16:14:44,922 [1] DEBUG rF2GameExtension.rF2RivalsForm [(null)] - Contacting web site to retrieve Rival data...
    2014-12-02 16:14:45,692 [1] DEBUG rF2GameExtension.rF2RivalsForm [(null)] - No rival data available - No one have drived on this track.

Is there a test a con do to track down why my data will not send to the server.

I can successfully connect to the URL and see the php files listed

MAJOR UPDATE: SUCCESS WITH SENDING DATA TO SERVER.

The problem was where I had installed the game extension console directory. Although instructions say
    "Console Installation
    - Copy the rF2GameExtentionConsole directory wherever you want"

For me this was the problem. I installed to F:\RFACTOR 2 BACKUP \rF2GameExtentionConsole -would not work.

Once I installed it to my Root C:\rF2GameExtentionConsole - heyah all good lap records able to be sent to servere URL.

Now Just left with problem using my best lap times as rival feature.

UPDATE: Success with this also - All systems are go . Wow that was a nightmare.

Seems like ultimate problem was the spaces I had in my original directory name . Replaced spaces with underscore and again all seems OK

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2014
  14. Gerald Jacobson

Ok thanks for the "space" issue, i will try to fix this.

Happy you finally got it working

15. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Respect ^^ good job done whitemore !

16. whitmore

whitmore Registered

The game also appears to have a bug with ghost cars. The car does not come visible in some instances.

For me Skippy at palm beach no ghost car becomes visible. Also at sau paulo skippy no ghost, FR3.5 no ghost but Camaro ghost OK, Abarth - ghost OK.

TTL files are created in the track folder but the ghost car just does not become visible.

I have put a message in the bug forum but do not expect any result as any question I have previously raised around ghost cars has not received any replies from ISI rep.

17. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Thx for reporting this because I was not sure if there is something wrong on my side. I noticed a similar behavior on my system with ISI Sao Paulo under some specific circumstances.
    I will take a closer look to this and report my observation (if I'm able to reproduce it)

18. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Still doing more testing but for Palm beach if I delete the TTL file and do not use rival plugin I can get a ghost car to create and become visible.

When I do the same process with the plugin running I get the message for recording new transparent trainer the TTL file gets created in the track folder but not ghost car becomes visible and my lap time is not sent to the server. ????

Gerald when there is more than one time in the database is there a way to select a rival other than the rival that is next fastest?? In R3E and Simraceway the ability to choose any rival is a great feature that allows a lot to be learnt from the faster guys.

19. Gerald Jacobson

Did you beat the rival time ? did you have the message saying you have beaten the laptime and must return to main screen to persist your new ghost ? etc...
    I made test and for example on Palm beach with skipbarber i beaten matf1 and all worked as expected.

New Version Avaialble (only the console application have been updatd to 1.1.0
    - Add the possibility to choose a specific rival (not only the immediate driver faster than you)

20. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Thanks for the update Gerald. Nice work. For the palm beach problem no I did not beat the rival time. But really odd because this now seems the only track that is not working properly. Just did Motor sport ranch no driver had driven and after doing first full lap ghost car visible and message for return to main menu to send record to server worked all ok bloody palm beach though is really odd. NO plugin ghost works all ok but with plugin no ghost. TTL file is created in track folder ok, message for recording lap for transparent trainer ok but after first full lap nothing happens with ghost or message for data to be sent to server.

Without beating the rival time should my lap time still sent to the server to give me a ranking?

When I click the button to choose rival the table remains empty. I chose palm beach because I new that there was two rivals to chose from however none where shown in the choose rival window.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2014