rf2 graphics quality expectations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nazirull Safry Paijo, Feb 18, 2013.

1. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

How can you not use it? If you can't even afford a DFGT, you probably couldn't afford a PC or console to begin with...

Why people prefer physics over graphics I still can't get me head around, why bother then, Mario Kart is fun too!

@Mrslfrsl
    All the reasons to go with rF2 indeed!!!

2. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

@Mrslfrsl yes its true, own customers, diferent teams and so on...
    Everything right there but it is so that ISI is loosing customers, even those hardcore sim fans. AC will be missing alot but people still prefer it allready. Rf2 has alot of stuff but most of them are not working properly yet and it seem long way to be done sofar.
    What ever is there with physics or something, right now its lacking of good GFX. From last few builds rather than improving 2 of them messed up more stuff there and this should not happen with lacking of it allready. Not even talking about the content but that needs to be improved to and if they want to have the game look better than car/tracks standarts need to improve alot and test and adjust the game fps to higher standarts or any modder will have problems with that to.

3. UnitedRacingDesign

Wait im not going to put 400euro or something for a steering wheel or for a rig 1000. Ive buyed my computer to do more than just gaming actually, yet it can handle games as i preferr it but for sure im not going to add 3 monitors, 400 euros wheels every few years. So or so I allready had to upgrade my pc with new grafic card and this was priority before any steering wheel. People are not playing only rf2 you know and some people will rather spend the money on console plus games that costs used less than a good wheel. Not in my case but i didnt prefer a wheel, neather console. Im still having allmost 5 year old momo and im not going to buy another new more expensive wheel now.
    GFX is something prefered these days, how ever it is, especially with all the racing games outside now or on the way that are offering it.

4. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I think I don't get what you are trying to say here.

You seem to be speaking for everybody, something which I'm purposely trying not do... that I don't understand the console majority who don't know what the hell they are missing, that is of a totally different order.

5. UnitedRacingDesign

Not for everybody but for many im trying to say simple that arcade games with great GFX can offer alot of fun to and simple that rf2 physics is good but GFX right now is the reason that people dont want the game and many are giving up on it that have it allready.

6. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Agree 100%

7. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I think people who are fine with arcade games and super shiny GFX are not ISI's target audience to begin with :)

8. Miro

Miro Registered

Yes they are going to loose customers but also to gain some.
    I don't think any company creates a game without knowing which consumer group they are targeting.
    In this case it's rather simple, it's the sim purists.

Just look at the new games/sims or whatever. What new do they provide? Nothing in terms of simulation, nothing.
    Still the same ballgame, hotlaping contests, leaderboards and races in static environment.
    There is nothing bloody new, just the new GFX. The same old borring game with no challenges.

In rF2 it's the moment which counts. I think for me personaly the leagues that are going with rF2 are going to be the best sim racing experience one can have. I just don't know how to express myself about all these things, I just can repeat it over and over again and I think some people just don't see yet what rF2 is actually providing them.

You have to care just about everything a real driver has to care. You have to adopt you driving to the external conditions.
    Not the driving like we had now since sim racing games we know. It's a totaly new ballgame.
    You have to be smart as a driver and not only fast. All these things count for me personaly.
    For some not and that is ok. I have no problem with that but the others have a problem with rF2's way to go.

The content is going to be updated and released as components and I think also the new content which is comming is only going to be better.

All this things are just racers view but not modders view. In terms of modding I can't say that much.
    But what I can say is that the same things are going to decide if a modder chooses rF2 over another platform or not.

Yes modding is more difficult but the people which think it's worth it are going to do stuff or new people will come which are already used to the difficulties and cmplications which a complex software nowadays include.

People which are going to do stuff in rF2 they are going to do it for the same reasons I already mentioned.
    People which choose other plattforms they are going to do it also for the same reasons I already metioned.

Also online gaming is going to be much easier than now once all the stuff is released as a standalone component.

9. UnitedRacingDesign

@Mrslfrsl & wgeuze i completly understand you both and really I like the game and play it every day but still i want to have atleast one stuff done to enjoy it completly rather than have 10 and none of it working properly. Each build sofar got something good but screewed up others that allready worked. Reflection are still not fixed up for example and the content looks very old, sorry but it is so. I want a car ingame not just for the physics but i want it to look good to and many others to. There are some simple things that could be done to look it better yet im not a coder but there are people capable of doing it. Look to rf1, modders did shaders that made the game looking far better, for some it even looks better than rf2.Look what is K Szczech doing with rf1 shaders.
    Im aware of ISI beeing small team and that i guess all are with them from begining but comeon, some just need to improve them self, evolve more, hire 1-2 people to get them to work on GFX for example.

10. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

THIS
    How i slept watching gt5 replays....so flat despite nice textures shaders n lighting.

11. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Interesting conversations going on. First off, this is a simulator, not a game. I have a serious question for those that are saying that ISI is losing customers because of the graphics at the current state of the sim. Where do you get your information from? Can you site a specific source that shows us that this is the case or are you just spouting out your opinion in the hopes of making a change?
    There will always be dedicated sim racers and there will be everyone else. To the dedicated sim racer, this is a hobby worthy of spending money on. There are a number of us whom have spent money to have a dedicated computer just for racing and one for everything else. Some have spent thousands of dollars on their rig and feel that they have gotten a bargain compared to other hobbies and the money you could end up spending on them. As an example, Golf requires either a membership in a club which could cost several thousand a year, or daily green fees which cost around 60 to 100 per round. The cost of clubs to be able to play varies, but the normal for the person that just fools around is around 800 dollars, where the dedicated person might spends thousands just on the clubs.
    If eye candy is your flavor, then by all means go play Forza or some other "game" those of us interested in a simulator will play "sims" like rF2.

12. Schueppe

Schueppe Registered

Graphics for me are like the looks of a cake if it is above a certain level(whereever this level is) it's bonus, but if the cake tastes like sh*t I don't care in the least.

@Ales
    I agree with your point and those games offer fun and are good at what they do. It would be awesome if rF2 looked even better than pcars, but (and thats a big but), if the physics are going to suffer because of it(ISI is a small company and some things fall short by default if you push others) I don't. Also ISI has probably an audience in mind which would value correct physics over graphics.

13. UnitedRacingDesign

@Gearjammer community is the source, forums and friends...There are allways dedicated customers and there are those that will go and buy all games but ISI will not be able to keep up there development if they dont open up there more and here comes the catch. Im not saying here ISI is in some critical point at financial or something dont get me wrong there but there could come time that development will cost more than customers will be. Right now the time is such that you need to compete with others.
    Ofcourse some games are not yet out but i hope AC or any other game right now competing for customers will push ISI to go for more.
    If there is a game that offers physics and even good GFX than sorry but ISI will lose it.
    Customer will allways go for the best and if we have a game with tons of stuff not working properly and a game that looks better but doesnt have this than customer will go for the better looking one, atleast something is good there. You know what i mean?
    Basicly it is so, if youre team is to small, you need to expand, if you cant than you need to put resources to importand stuff. You cant work on 10 things at once if you cant handle those and those interfer with there own bugs.

@Schueppe pcars look would be great but personally i dont need it, just some basic upgrade to rf2 shaders and lightning would make it look better allready but in the way they would stay atleast so not they get broken with builds. Im saying that rf2 looks nice right now but it cant stay on nice, it must be great but soon.
    Like ive mentioned above the audience is now gooing to AC to, they did make good physics work there but they did it good looking to. Rf2 is living from mods to and there is another problem, many are switching to AC now to and there is no doubt about this and ISI is lacking of quality content and overall content right now.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2013
  14. Dale B

Dale B Registered

This exactly how I feel too, the graphics are nice but it is the physics of rFactor2 that keeps me coming back time after time. I run in a Formula Two league and everyone in the league says the same thing, it is the feel of the mod, the fact that you can actually feel the camber of the road, how the bumps can throw the car and to avoid them the next lap that keeps everyone coming back to it and put that big old smile on your face. The challenge of the driving the mod quick, not the eye candy will keep people coming back over and over.

15. Muxi-Mux

Muxi-Mux Registered

You are right here, but rF2 looks like a bad Comic and not like a Simulation. Maybe iRacing havent the best graphics, but it have a very realistic look and lighting. That's what i expect from a Simulation.

But the reason why i dont play rF2 isn't the bad Graphic - its the poor online Mod where i can't join Servers because i wont install ugly but needed mods or tracks.
    There i really enjoy the great and extremly simple and sancionated online Service of iRacing.

16. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

That's true.
    People still don't understand what vMods are for and create mods with entire collection of tracks and cars that THEY intend to race.

What they should do is create a collection of vMods with tracks they like, not one vMod with collection of tracks.
    This way, they could just switch to different vMod on their server and they have one of their favourite car/track combos selected, while other people are able to join if they have this combo.

When used properly, vMods work just fine. The problem is that people do not understand the idea behind vMods as ISI has not explained it clearily to public.

17. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Alesi, have you worked for a small company before? 'Just hire' people, or 'adding a couple' can be tougher than you think. You don't know the (lack of) income or revenue generated by rF1 sales, rF2 sales and maybe some rFpro content. It can be really frustrating for these guys especially to know that the knowledge and skill is there, and they see others do it all around them, but finances and manpowe, and simple math, don't allow so. I think they are doing a terrific job with the means they have.

18. UnitedRacingDesign

I have sayed right away to that this may not be posibile but the resources there could be put elswhere from stuff beeing worked on to miniized to 5 or even less to finish some. Dont hide allways ISI as such small team, there are few guys so as there are other game dev with few people to. They are not the only ones with few only and ISI worked allways togethere with modding teams in past that covered there content to. There are enough people at ISI to handle everything to but im not really sure where the overall problem is. Eather the gmotor2 is completly worn out and they are in dead end, there are problem we are not aware off or somethin i dont know, maybe any side projects...It would be good to know why is that so on rf2 and if its planed to work on that and in when but time is running out. Sorry but there are facts and community itself showing that there is lacking of something. Im behind ISI, i understand that alot still has to be done but the steps are going with minimum speed and still alot of bugs and simple ones with people here in forum available to help them are not beeing even asked for.
    Im sorry but when i see a problem, report it, advice it and even provide right reference and its not fixed after long time than im disapointed by that.

19. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Ales, you keep on saying that people are going to other titles, but you still have provided no link to information that supports your claim. Sure there are people that have spent money to support AC, but are you sure they would have come here? Is it possible that they are supporting both? Before you or anyone can say for certain that ISI is losing customer's there really should be proof of this. It may be that they will lose you, but you are not everyone and I really don't think you can speak for others without their consent and knowledge, in which case you would be able to provide a link to information to support your claim.

I really am not trying to stir up stuff, but when people claim that ISI is losing customer's because of this or that, it is all talk without the proof to back it up. Statements like that without proof are just there to cause confusion or to attempt to get a company to satisfy your desires over their own goals.

20. UnitedRacingDesign

@Gearjammer its okey, just look to forums around and even this one or on sim news sites. Ive just pointed out and what friends told me to in last months. Ive pointed my view out, nothing special :)