rf2 graphics quality expectations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nazirull Safry Paijo, Feb 18, 2013.

1. 10speed

10speed Registered

That's what is wrong with rfactor2 BIG TIME. Graphic quality depends on time of day, HDR profile, used track, used car. Yes, you can achieve reasonably good graphics quality, but most of the time it looks like rfactor 1.1. Most importantly rfactor2's shaders cannot make car paint look realistic while AC can.

2. Seth

Seth Registered

OH no please not that argument you obviously know that graphics performance are way much better on pc than console....and just a question if ISI was devollping for XBOX360 would you buy one ?? ;);)

3. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I don't think that rF2 pic is very fair. Poznan looks great look at feels3 picture of the same corner. Anyway I think with better lighting and higher contrast rF2 will actually look as good as that AC pic.

But then interior need MUCH better textures. I don't know why ISI always have crappy textures but it's not impossible to have higher quality textures.

4. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Actually it's not about textures resolution if we are talking about cars :)

ISI use old technique for car texturing - one big texture for interior, when pCARS and AC use pattern texturing and AO map for a second layer.

5. Tosch

Tosch Registered

A screenshot contest. That's nice. :D

Here we go.
    A question first. Has AC a dynamic lightning engine?

[​IMG]

Morning
    [​IMG]

Noon
    [​IMG]

Evening
    [​IMG]

A yes. I have tweaked the stupid skylight tubidity setting.

6. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

What do I know? Not much :p But could it not look better than it does? I think Brabham that was made earlier, looks better than Corvette interior.

7. 10speed

10speed Registered

8. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Two more. This time with 8x Sparse Grid Supersampling (check the trees). This is what a developer would use to show his work.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Seth

Seth Registered

i think you misendertood what i've said sorry if i badly explain...my english is very bad ...i'm french.
    We are saying the same thing, that's what i was meaning by 1car and 1 track, i shouldn't have used FUN you'r right i think the right word is Pleasur, because to me the pleasur in AC is Good physic WITH great Graphics, that bring more to the game. And that's why i'm saying i would like ISI to improve the GGrapphics cause everything else in the game is really great (FFB,PHysic...).
    That's all but it doesn't mean i'm not going to play multi on RF2. IF you think i'm stupid that's ok that will be one more stupid guy on multi in RF2 and AC !!! LOL !!

10. tjc

tjc Registered

Good stuff Tosch... shows rf2 looking really good imo and we know optimizations and enhancements are coming too.

I really don`t think AC is looking all that special at all and think rf2 can look really nice...

Keep going the way your going ISI (I know you will anyway)

rf2`s going to look just fine. :)

11. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Really nice and Just fine sounds good to me.

12. Golanv

Golanv Registered

[​IMG]

Seth you idiot, look what you did, you made Tosch to come all the way here to set you straight. :rolleyes:

13. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

arent you overdoing it with stupid and idiot stuff? I dont think Seth called you anything..

14. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

AC isn't going to be 4,99..... the tech demo was free if you had NKP, and that happened to be 4,99 atm. But AC will be more expensive then that, so if you'll ever want more then 1 car + 1 track, you are going to pay way more then you have now, so that argument isn't valid.....

Then, if you are so sad paying for rF2, why are you intending to play it??? rF2 is pretty cheap compared to most other games anyway!!!

15. Golanv

Golanv Registered

That is what I do. In this case though, I dont see the connection?

16. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

The trees are still awful despite the nice overall looking of both pictures. That would be a mandatory improvement in order to achieve a RF2 nice graphics: create a new shader for trees and their transparencies. Currently they are just looking monster bushes alongside

Idiot post, not to mention the apple-polishing.

17. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Corvette was made earlier. It had an art pass before release, but is of earlier construction.

18. 88mphTim

The name calling should probably stop. And at least one of you has been asked before about namecalling. Don't make me get the notepad out of the drawer with my warnings written on it. ;)

19. 88mphTim

And I'm sure you'd be a good member of the media.

No, you don't have to read between the lines. When you do that, you seem to be wrong, or you seem to misunderstand.

20. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Well crap... sorry.

You beep beep beep, with your beep beep beep beep beep head, missed the whole point didnt you?

I'll start ignoring annoing things from now on.... sorry, its a disease, I'm taking medicine and getting therapy for it... sorry.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2013