rf2 graphics quality expectations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nazirull Safry Paijo, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Seth

Seth Registered

Thanks for lighting me AC will not be 4,99 euros ???? :confused::confused: Damn !!!!
    IT's obvious that AC will be around the same price than RF2 !!!! i'm not a dumda.... but i know that compare to RF2 (For the moment) i'll have a game with good physics and excellent graphic.. witch is not for the moment the case of RF2. When (and i hope it will be soon) RF2 will have improved the graphics, i'll be very happy to have paid around 64 euros....for the moment i'm disappointed...
    Regards.

2. Seth

Seth Registered

Thank you 1959NIKOS, but i don't care about the comments of this guy. like i already told him insulting happens when your out of arguments....;)

3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

How these two pictures are comparable?

Besides I did not say that AC do not look better, I only said that rf2 do not look as bad as you posted.

4. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Ok thanks, didn't know (or think of) that.

5. Seth

Seth Registered

Could you just be trying for just a second to say something constructive with arguments ??

6. Seth

Seth Registered

So it must be a problem with my english understanding !!! My fault !! ;);)

7. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Pattern texturing means that instead of one big texture for interior you can use small repeated textures (even 256x256 or smaller) for each element (carbon, leather, plastic and so on) and add second layer with shadows (ususally pre-rendered in 3ds max).

The advantage of this idea is that you can save vram memory usage a little bit plus textures look sharp even in close up :) (also dds artefacts are almost no visible)
    You can also use different shader for each part (as mentioned above, carbon, plastic and so on...)

And yes, it's possible in rf2 :)

8. Seth

Seth Registered

I wanted to compare your picture quite Full in terms of CG, with a "standard" pict from AC that's all...
    I agree with you and i didn't say that you say AC did not look better.
    regards. :)

9. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Then I wonder why ISI don't use this, especially if it saves vram usage :p

10. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Because the vram usage is not something more important than the drawcall quantity. :)

More shader/material (not textures) you're using, more drawcalls you're making. This is the very basic rule of atlassing. :)

11. Golanv

Golanv Registered

I do not see the point of repeating what has been said in this thread multiple times. You clearly havent read the whole thread, and come here with arguements, not only why AC in your opinnion is better "sim" than rF2, but insist repeating yourself with feeble attempts to provide proof, just because you tried a tech demo.
    Do you work for Kunos or are you just selling their product out of mere personal pleasure?

I find that rediculous and totally ignorant attitude towards what simulators are all about.
    I do not like people like you who value graphics over physics, because they go and buy the arcade candy games and kill the simulator industry. Because they yell and scream till they turn every single good sim into Dirt (both, the game series by CM and the stuff on the ground). Because just believing what they believe is not good enough for them, everyone needs to see and feel the same, or they are not happy.
    Its one thing to call someone unintelligent or their opinnion unsmart because they clearly dont have all the oars in the boat, and totally other to try to make everyone match the IQ and opinnion of one individual by resorting to fantasy, which to be honest is like trying to juggle with moose testicles, while driving a car, from the roof of the car, in the winter, naked, while wrestling a rabid bear... its all going to go wrong at some point.

If its pretty that you want, fine. I play games that are pretty too, nothing wrong with that, but since you lack the constitutive idealistic difference between a simulator and a game (rF2=Racing sim, GT5=Driving game), theres nothing your kind can bring to the table that makes one iota difference to the things that really matter in a simulator.
    The realistic experience of racing.

So No, I cannot try for one second to say anything constructive about the arguements you have made.

12. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

*ouch* :D

13. Seth

Seth Registered

Finally glad to read something from you without any insult....thanks for that.
    It really seems that you didn't read a word i'm saying, you say i'm ignorant at what simulator are, and you presume that AC is an arcade game, but when you say Richard burns Rally 2013 is the greatest sim i'm wondering if you do know what simulator is all about. It seems obvious that you didn't try the Tech preview and if you had any experience in simracing you would have knew that Kuno had to developed a game called Netkar pro witch from on the opinion of simrace mag like "inside simracing", is one of the reference, if you do love simrace like you seems to say you would surely have asked yourself why a society like EVOTEK has developed the Evotek SYM 026 with the Assetto corsa software. i do not work for Kuno and i'm not a fanboy of this or this game, i just assume comparing games that tend to be sell on the simrace market in 2013 with the computers technology that can be used from 2013.
    Last but not least i've never said that I value graphics over physics, all i've said along this thread is that ISI should pay more attention to graphics cause if they do RF2 will surely be THE GREATEST sim ever.

14. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

You boys want to take this to PM? It's all a bit one on one, and not really adding much to the thread.

15. Golanv

Golanv Registered

You are welcome.

No I do not.

Thats just one of those statements that Tim indirectly has asked me to ignore. *ignoring*

I have the tech demo and Nkpro, I dont have a wheel atm since its dead, and so I have not driven the tech demo yet, so I do not make assumptions of the physics of it and least of all what the complete product will be like.
    I do not ask questions from myself when I cant be bothered to care about the answer.
    Kunos is great, and most likely AC will be too, never said otherwise.

Only thing I can completely agree with you is something that has to be taken out of context, which is interesting.

16. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Yeah, no need I'm done anyways. Sorry about that.

17. Seth

Seth Registered

thanks for taking time to answer....sad to read your wheel is dead :mad:...
    regards.

18. Seth

Seth Registered

a one on one.....didn't knew we were talking about Basketball !!! LOL !!!

19. stonec

stonec Registered

There is definitely a lot of work left to do to tweak the HDR/lighting. At the moment Poznan looks like a completely different circuit when driven from the bumper cam than from the cockpit. The HDR makes the world look way overbright inside all closed wheel cockpits. It's really not some DX9/DX11 issue or even something that couldn't be fixed by ISI I believe, so I wouldn't be too worried.

20. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Try this.
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/10781-Poznan-HDR-profile?p=147787#post147787