rf2 graphics quality expectations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nazirull Safry Paijo, Feb 18, 2013.

1. spider19462000

spider19462000 Registered

Dont know,,but put some cream on it twice a day and i am sure it will clear up

2. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Warning: this will make you dumber.

3. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

4. Jize

Jize Registered

she could at least not replicate this ugly darn nose!

5. vali

vali Registered

For me graphics are not that important once you reach a minimum level and rF2 had already reached it. Once I am driving I dont care if the shadows are smooth or have jaggies, don't care if the car next to me can reflect my own or not... I just want to overtake that car and drive faster.

I bought pCars in the first week, rF2 in the first day and will buy AC too (95% sure). I will not compare them about how shiny the are, but how they feel and if they are enjoyable.

Right now I played a lot in rF2 and only downloaded pCars 3 times... guess why?

To make things worse, in the last version I tried the graphics in rF2 were better... I had to lower the pCars lvl graphics to minimum and didn't get a decent framerate. I can play rF2 at 70 FPS in Spa with the old F1. So, in my system, rFactor have BETTER graphics than pCars.

What will happen with AC? I don't know, but if it have a deadzone in the FFB (several people reported it) and the netcode is not good, evey if they have the graphics from the year 2020 will not make it worth my time.

Rembember Far Cry 2? Great graphics... bad and boring game.

6. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

For me graphics is important especially when watching my replays!

7. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Replays fidelity is a must! MOOOOAAARRRRR

8. motojase171

motojase171 Registered

graphics are an important thing imo and i really like the corvette and croft, mid ohio and some other tracks, but yea physics are the most important thing but they're also on the rite track, in this pc age we should have great graphics, physics and sound because it all adds to the realism :)

9. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Physics, Sounds, Graphics... in that order. Look at RSRBR2013, best rally sim ever, maybe even best sim overall.

10. Vadim Sadoshenko

Vadim Sadoshenko Registered

So I suggest we focus on the aspects, which is indeed allowed to talk about rFactor, as the best possible simulator of motor sport. At the same time I want to wish the ISI successfully cope with such issues as optimisation(Performance). It will certainly more important than any graphic delights that you can not see in the heat of battle, at a speed of 200 km / h:). And of course the high quality of the physical model, without which all the rest of the rat race. You should not rely on Amateurs of beautiful pictures, the huge success of rFactor definitely not their merit!

11. TTupsi

TTupsi Registered

Exactly my thoughts. For me sims are about racing, not making screenshots or watching replays (although it's nice to wach especially after tight racing). When I'm racing against other people and 100% concentrated on it, I don't care if I could see every single raindrop, reflection or whatever piece of eye candy.

12. 10speed

10speed Registered

It should have DOUBLE the frames of pCars at least.

So you didn't test it yourself and say it might have bad FFB based on what some other users reported. I don't have a highend computer but AC runs perfectly on it, better than rfactor2. I don't feel any input lag but am happy that AC does not want to destroy my G25 like rfactor2.

Furthermore you had a look into a crystal ball, right? Tell us more about AC multiplayer, please.

13. Seth

Seth Registered

;)
    Hello Davy TASB
    real good joke about dog and his bone !!!!! :D so now all i can says with this argument is : WOOOF.....WOOOOOFFF....WOOFF.....WOOF
    Agree with that ???? MDR ;)
    you'r surely right forAC so let's wait and see for the final release....
    For Poznan i try it today so i can tell you what i think about it
    regards......................dam wher is my F..... bone !!!! lost it again !!!!!:mad:

14. Seth

Seth Registered

WOW insulting is the last thing an idiot without argument can do...so if you don't have any arguments like yoou seems to do...then ok start insulting me and other.
    But seriously i think you did not really take a look at what i and others are saying...i don't say RF2 is a **** ...i just say i want a game that's up with the 2013 technologie in terms of graphics...
    i can clearely understand You don't care aboout that cause you do not seem to have any argument....logical for a guy like you "NO BRAIN NO PAIN !!!";)
    regards

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2013
  15. Seth

Seth Registered

16. Seth

Seth Registered

When i see the graphic quality of the game i clearely understand why you think graphics in RF2 are good enough...

17. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Aris said the dead-zone and non-existand forces in the center are a consequence of the perfect suspension geometry on the Elise, which filters out any influences of bumps when in a perfect straigt line.

18. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

And that makes all sense to me, why should the wheel should be moving from side to side if you're in a straight line? Do you feel that in a real car? The Lotus in AC TP has soft springs and is a road car so it's normal it feels that way, also it's the best FFB i've tried so far in a racing sim...

19. Jize

Jize Registered

even though rf2 may not have the bombast engine of pcars i think that overall rf2 is more friendly to the eye. pcars looks like a can of bonbons, rf2 is more serious like at first sight boring looking pralines...but when you bite on them then the world opens to your mind :D
    besides: poznan is a great example what is possible with the rf2 engine. it's even way ahead the isi-tracks.

20. Seth

Seth Registered

To resume thing that everybody can understand and see.
    And because image speak more than words.
    here is two pictures made on my PC: one of RF2 full graphics settings, and one of Assetto corsa

View attachment 6465

View attachment 6467

View attachment 6468

the only probleme with Assetto Corsa is i can't put everything max setting cause my CG can't handle it
    so her is the settings for Assetto corsa
    1920x1080, anisotropic 8X, anti aliasing 8x, FXAA off, shadows medium, motion blur off, hdr on, cubemap res medium 3 faces per frame.

I think even dumb and dumber can see in the image the big difference.... :) maybe not Golanv because he is at "another level from another planet" !!!
    do you still think DX11 makes no difference now ?????