REPLACED rF2 Build 494 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 26, 2014.

1. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

I know man somethings that fix the problem for some isnt working for others
    and that is a problem

2. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

For me refresh is working most of the times. However, when you refresh for some server you stop seeing other previously "unlocked" servers :)
    Can someone tell me of a server with get mod enabled that appears greyed out?
    I cannot know if in the few servers I still see greyed out, getmod is off and then it is the reason for not being able to join.

3. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

our server, !SR4L Server 1 is now grayed out for me, it was 1 hour ago too, but after a refresh came back, but now refresh doesnt make it work for me.

4. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

And get mod is enabled right?
    I also see it greyed out.
    The server up (f113) and the one down (srt) work ok. I sort by "game name"

enviado mediante tapatalk

5. Chefmark

Chefmark Registered

I'm still having issues with matchmaker. Races I had no issues getting onto are now....well all but impossible. What do I need to do?

6. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Yep... Sometimes it works sometimes it don't. There are a few server that are impossible to join, and others that I can join sometimes.

Some of the other drivers custom skins doesn't show up, even if I already have them downloaded!
    Sometimes the server need to be restarted because of this bug: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/18551-Driver-has-entered-the-race-Driver-left-the-racer-loop

Definitely the worst build ever (or in a long time) for multiplayer. The only improvements are in SP... I wish MP was MUCH more tested before release, because this is not the first time we have MP problems. Remember the AI bug when everyone leaving were replaced by AI's, or when everyone got big lag/freeze repeatedly everytime someone joined the server in race session? :D

7. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

yup

8. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Yes it looks impossible to join or get mod. I can confirm that when you refresh for some servers where you tipically cannot join at first, you lose others that where "unlocked" before via refresh. Other servers as one of ours is always Ok, our other one needs to be given a "touch" :)

9. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

It is admins fault?
    If somebody in my company can not keep deadline or deliver bad work they work WEEKEND or not.
    This is like to call to fire department on Saturday and you get message it is WEEKEND call again on Monday. :mad:

10. Pits

Pits Registered

Some have higher expectations than others, trick is not to expect anything at all. Life is full of disappointments and I can't see a game high on a list.

If you were talking Tripple Screens, now there's a disappointing subject :)

11. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

This video is made with Asus notebook and believe me or not I can not beat quality with same settings res. 5760x1080 with my PC and it makes me rely sad.
    I think it is time ISI to sort out all SLI\Grossfire and triple screen issues and put them on the top of the map as soon as possible.

12. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

We was talking about league race here right?
    It may only be a game but how many of drivers in that league has redone they weekend schedule just to be able to race there you think?

13. Pits

Pits Registered

You still seem to be qualifying the disappointment, I'm sorry it's all over my head but I'm sure they will get everything fixed, it's what they do.

14. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

...wut?

1) Release software before weekend
    2) switch off computers, internet and don't look back.
    3) See if there is still a company left Monday.
    4) Profit?

No one operates like that.....

Let me get this straight - are you saying it is NOT the fault of the people who made the software and released it with bugs - it is the fault of the league admins, for being big enough suckers to install it?...

They should know magically in advance that it was bugged, and not having everyone prepared to instantly roll back (in time, in unison and without fault) - makes league admins as much to blame as anyone!

You must REALLY have it in for league admins or something.

Anyhow - not exactly stoked with this one, ISI.

All leagues and cups are in serious danger of cancelling events for some very good reasons (like being unable to join the server for no specific known reason).

It boggles my mind that people are in here saying ppl should expect 'NOTHING', so they are not disappointed....talk about Abused Consumer Syndrome.

Many of us DO care that this software works, because racing. And racing requires events. And events require organisation. And organisation requires getting assurances from other people, and giving them assurances yourself. The amount of time and work required to rearrange 20+ people and associated plans and software is not fun or trivial.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2014
  15. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

+1, but next build in 3 weeks? LOL! How much time between last builds? 3 months? And we get this?

I cant even join our own Cup server! Even though I can see others on it!

Crash to desktops. Driver loops locking server.

Wtf ISI? Sorry but I am pissed and frustrated.

Why did I even think a Cup could be run on this software?

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Don't know if you're paying attention mate, but it's been made pretty clear there are more things that were held back from this build for a bit more internal testing (and so the already applied changes get wider testing too) before they get put into the next build. So I wouldn't be expecting the same sort of delay at all, especially if the current problems can be fixed quite quickly.

Could be a lot better, could be worse. If a better alternative appears to meet your needs then switch to it - I would. But so far I'm still here. I can't see much to be gained by getting upset about it.

17. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Hey guys, chill... I got confirmation that ISI found the problem with Join button and they are working on a fix, if possible without releasing a new build.

18. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

The fps is lowered to about 60% of normal values since fraps is recording. Without it, the fps under the video setings would be between 70 and 90 I would say. Adding rivals will impact quite a lot and to compare both builds is more difficult since the situation evolves differently. No IAS when benchmarking should be used to get comparable situations or all of them in the garage or the starting grid. But being those static situations at certain point of the track they might not be representative enough.

However, the 1366×768 single screen setting vs the 5760x1080 triple you use is about 6 times less pixels, so I don't get your point. I just wouldn't be able to move what you are suggesting. Unless you do the same benchmark with the same track (not heavy on fps) and mod, which I am positive you dont have because it is private, you cannot get any serious conclusion to compare your performance with mine, I think.

My notebook is not as powerful as your machine but is not so crappy either. Its a 6 GB i7 quad with a 2GB GPU. It costed me 1000€ when rF2 was released 2 years ago.

enviado mediante tapatalk

19. gamer-hosting

gamer-hosting Registered

The devs know it and I hope they solve it soon.
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...ICK-option-Track-file-delete-and-server-crash

This option has more than 7 years; it came from first rfactor1 build to make hosting companies able to host rfactor servers. It is necesary to start servers through hosting control panels.

A lot of leagues with rfactor2 servers rented can not be upgraded because they use a control panel like tcadmin.
    Other leagues with vps or root servers rented can not start them if they use control panel, or they can not use automated start.

It is an important option to rfactor2 customers, and more important to leagues who rent servers to host their league server. A lot of rfactor2 customers can not upgrade because their leagues can not upgrade.
    Sure they will solve it soon

20. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

SPASKIS I am not an idiot who does not understand that 5760x1080 is 6 times more pixels then 1366x768 what I am trying to say is that
    rFactor2 don't have support to SLI\Grossfire or triple screen and it is time time to ISI put SLI\Grossfire and triple screen issues on the map.
    I play every other game in this world with high settings res. 5760x1080 / 120fps but not rFactor2 and it makes me sad.
    If i use settings from your video I get 25-30fps no fraps :mad
    I am sorry if I made you to understand that you PC is bad was not my intention.