REPLACED rF2 Build 494 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 26, 2014.

1. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

No I was not offended. I just wanted to say that to compare under those circumstances was difficult. You emphasized too much about my performance and that confused me. I would run probably at 14 fps your settings. And yes rF2 is tough on performance and I struggle as qell.

enviado mediante tapatalk

2. TJones

TJones Registered

I was part of the "unstable testers". MOD-download, download of latest silverstone track and racing online, all went fine.
    And then, the (codewise unchanged) stable version, the whole multiplayer part went wrong. Strange sometimes.

Of course, don't want to tell a company which are over 20 years in business, how to do their job.
    But i simply can't understand why ISI doesn't make more use of this "Unstable Realese Testing".
    Just 2 or 3 days are much to less time, to get a reasonable ammount of people for detailed testing.

As long it makes sense, why not release a additional unstable build, i mean between a normal release cycle.
    So the devs get the abillity to test finished parts of a build, long before a planed stable release.
    Sonesthing that also could help reduce pressure of development.

Who cares much if a unstable build fails, everyone knows (or should know) unstable builds are unstable by default. :)
    So participants of unstable testing, can switch to the last stable build easy.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2014
  3. sg333

sg333 Registered

Yeah, thats the strange thing. I was also on the 493 unstable, online, in several races, without issue. So, its not like the build went live without being tested.

These things happen, and im sure ISI are working on it :)

4. Ricklandia

Ricklandia Registered

Bahahaha! Why not, he gets blamed for everything else! :D

5. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

hehe 14fps don't think so ,I can not use HDR, no shadows, no road or object reflections, player details medium, opponent low, texture and track details medium, rain drops on.
    This gives me 120 fps at res 5760x1080 :(

6. Pits

Pits Registered

You know, this man has a point.

This all seems a bit norty really, still we all make mistakes and with a little grace that is lent to us all at times we can resolve it with the old adage "now and again S.... Happens"

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

well done in completley missing my point, I was referring to "it not ISIs fault" that league admins did'nt tell everyone to revert back to 384 and yes these problems arose around a weekend which they are entitled to have off. Besides it's been a widely reported problem from before the weekend so the admins had plenty of time roll back and maybe JUST MAYBE ISI dont have a fix yet? so how would that of helped the precious leagues this weekend? that's right it would'nt of!
    Yes I agree these kind of things suck but they happen from time to time in ALL sorts of software related businesses/games and Joe Public need to deal with it as best they can, if they cant then go outside and play!

8. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

No way man it is you who is missing the point here.
    rFactor Launcher has update and it should work this is not unstable release testing.
    Next time this happens I ask you to help me to roll back all servers I run to rFactor2 and redo all vmods and you find out how easy it is.

This is ISI`s fault and if you ask from me they should be at work weekend or not to solve problems we all have with rFactor2 Build 494.

9. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I completely agree on the few time to test before tagging something as stable.
    Development should be based on completing the projected milestones and at the time solving the different bugs appearing in the way. When each milestone is apparently completed in terms of internal testing a stable release candidate would be expected. Until massive testing, it is not possible to tell something is stable as experience proves. B494 is playing the role that B493 should have played. In terms of output the final result will be the same. The difference is all the confusion would have been avoided. I don't think all problems will be solved until a new build. Hopefully it will become the real stable output of the presently compmeted milestone.

enviado mediante tapatalk

10. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

This +1...
    I've finally now had a chance to try the new build and flickering shadows was my biggest peeve as well. Glad to know it's finally resolved.
    This new build seems to run much smoother....for me anyway.
    Start-up time is still too long but I can live with that.
    Thanks ISI.

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

it's not a Build related problem though as has been discussed in this very thread, something to do with characters in server names or something like that. I feel your pain I honestly do but as I said, **** happens unfortunately, I cant tell you the number of times I was let down at weekends with MMORPG serves being down when I wanted to play! It happens, either deal with it and wait for a fix or pick your toys up and do something else for a bit.

12. Ricklandia

Ricklandia Registered

Controller.ini inside of your 'player' folder. Unfortunately, this setting didn't get shared to any customer controller profiles you may have created so you'll need to remake/save them.

13. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Well, read again.

14. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

I really like the new setting Steering Torque Minimum (Minimum torque to apply in either direction to overcome steering wheel's 'FFB deadzone' caused by friction)

With my G27 it effectively reduced the deadzone in the force feedback. I now run rF2 with the overall force feedback strength at 100% in Logitech profiler, car specific ffb multiplier at 0.65 in rF2, and steering torque minimum at 0.12 in the Controller.ini
    The force feedback in the centre of the wheel feels much better and I don't get any significant oscillation.

15. boxer

boxer Registered

New MP... window...
    Take a look at the simracingteam.de 3 (This is the name after refresh)
    The second screen capture shows the name after I clicked on the line...) or simracingteam.de_3 (Space vs Underscore... I assume the server was renamed at some point)... I notice this both yesterday and today.

I notice some times you have to click on the server several times in order or the join mod button to become enabled. Strange...
    View attachment 11817
    Before (after refresh)
    View attachment 11818
    After clicking on the server

16. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

So some ISI servers have wrong names then, cause some work and some dont.

It works both ways, maybe take your advice and and go play somewhere else, some of us drive online so youre out of your depth here.

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

oooooohhhhhhh :eek:

18. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I can not join ISI servers, can somebody join to ISI servers?

19. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

Hello,

13:30 -7:gmt

Maybe it's me... but the only servers I'm seeing loaded and running are the four ISI servers.

Bryan

Edit: I see them all again. Very strange.

20. MJP

MJP Registered

Only the Historics atm but even that involved alot of random clicking/refreshing/waiting etc.