REPLACED rF2 Build 494 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 26, 2014.

1. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

I too have sli and tyres in 3D were broken. No idea how yours works. I think your the only lucky one so far :)

2. datanode

datanode Registered

hmm I guess I am waiting for something to change, I still can't get on most servers ? if I keep cycling through clicking on different ones some show up. Annoyingly for me the one I want to join, no matter how much qwop style keyboard smashing will let me in.

*sigh* is there any indication on when it is likely to be fixed ?

3. Antaeus

Antaeus Registered

on my dedication server i closed port for liveview which was that same like this which vmod used

now all can download and join to server

4. datanode

datanode Registered

Interesting... Maybe others could try that?

5. Antaeus

Antaeus Registered

6. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Well the league racers turned up, after umpteen restarts of the server and people not able to join, we had to cancel the event,
    Big deal some might think. But hey we admins now have fudged calendars, fudged graphics and events graphics that have been worked hard on to promote the league, Everything out of sync, dates everything.
    Not a word from ISI for ages. Ah well lots of work I suspect for lots of league admins tomorrow, way to go ISI

7. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Yes Steve, decisions have to made for us by tomorrow night as what to do. Some people have updated while others, such as myself, have held back until these issues are resolved.
    Luckily, we have two separate servers (race & practice) and have build 382 on the race server & 494 on the practice server so at least everyone can practice.
    I'm hoping things will be resolved by tomorrow, but if we don't hear from ISI soon on progress then the round may have to be postponed!

8. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Registered

You absolutely right, we have the same issue now... I have to stop everything, cuz impossible to join the server. I hope ISI gonna release HOT FIX for inactive JOIN.

9. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Here is a comparison of both builds where we can judge graphics basically.
    I think it is quite clear that there has been an improvement in fps, especially at lower values (+ 10-12 %)
    Maybe the same comparison at higher settings could show greater differences in that sense.
    The overall aspect of the game has improved quite a lot IMO.
    The tones seem more natural and this can be clearly appreciated in the asphalt .
    As you can check the circuit is a not very high quality converted track and the overal aspect is better with new Build.

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Cant see how it's ISIs fault, it is the WEEKEND afterall they dont work 24/7 :rolleyes:
    Quite simply the Admin should've told everyone to roll back to the previous Build so they're as much to blame as anyone, not exactly a hard thing to do in the circumstances.

11. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Trying to do an automatic update/install. All the files downloaded and then last line in the listing says:

"Press Install or Update Automatically to complete update process"

Uhh, where exactly are these buttons?

Edit: Never mind. Exited all the way out and restarted. That worked.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2014
  12. elbo

elbo Registered

I blame Obama!

13. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Nice work on new HDR guys, getting there slowly now. Getting a bit more consistent at last, don't stop pushing though guys.

14. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

That's all well and good but when you have 20 people of all computer tech abilities, like some who can't even install a track without help, and then 5 or 6 different nationalities and the language problems that come with that, it soon escalates into a complete nightmare. Then some who have to leave TS or the server straight after race end to go to work or sleep whatever. Something that rf2 excells at is its league capabities, when that gets broken and no word about a fix is issued it throws up a lot of problems for league admins when you look at the bigger picture. Isi staff have to take a break and its weekend, I appreciate that, the non communication I am not best pleased about.

15. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

Roll back isnt a worry but do i want to .. not really

anyhow I'd say devs are trying to sought a solution it's gone viral lol. most just have to unfortunately sit back and wait .. its not just one fairly major issue they have here

sigh but i'll live lol

16. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Our two servers with B494 are running without problems.
    Before I had greyed out the second one because I didn't have the correspondent mod installed.
    After installing the mod and clicking "refresh", the join turned red as it did before our first server.
    It is very strange why in some cases you need to click on refresh before it appears the join in red.
    Sometimes it seems just to take some seconds to appear just afterclicking over it without the need to click on refresh
    It is a problem for sure if you are not trying to enter a specific server.

17. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

this is bad.
    Sometimes refresh works, sometimes not.
    And it doesnt happen at specific servers, it happens randomly, even ISI servers some work some dont.
    I dont think you can have a league race this way.

18. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

It kinda resembles the vmod issues reported before where they would load sometimes, and sometimes not. and pretty randomly.
    I would suggest admins adding their vmods as a separate download on their site/forum so members can try it that way, worked for us previously.

Also one of our members reporting his ctd happened after he changed graphical settings. before that, the join was with no issues.
    Could just be a coincidence I dunno. I tried to do the same but all I got was the grey-join and after refresh it was good.

19. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

Same here m8 we find the easiest way to join our main servers we run on is already having the vmod installed

we still have others sitting on 382 though because there just unsure
    I think we will have to get all with 494 on the server and see if theres any issues for anyone getting greyed out
    as more get on the server thats the only real thing stopping us I think

me personally cant host from home though as do others i know and that is an issue for testing

20. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I have the mod installed and still cannot join.
    I did an hour ago, not now, not with refresh, not with reboot.