rF2 biggest challenger?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taufikp, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minibull

Minibull Member

Surely there is no need for him to answer XD
    Replays show a simplified version of what we are driving.

Look at the car and especially the tyre movement. Everything is pretty static, slides look odd and jerky, tyres shake all over the place as the complete data for them in a replay would be huge.

2. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

You try to make others believe that rFactor 2 is fine as it is, he has no problems. And is considered certain that the problems that will be fixed as optimization.

But it took more than 1.5 years and nothing has changed, only minor problems have been fixed.

Do you believe that optimization will be fixed in a short period of time?

Now I tries say with that image that rFactor2 is graphically superior to AssettoCorsa ... :rolleyes:

3. 10speed

10speed Registered

rFactor2 development is much slower than I had hoped for. It's just sth. you have to accept. Moaning and critizing does not help, had to learn this myself. Now that I have lowered my expectations for improvements ISI really manages to impress me. Actually the gap to Assetto Corsa regarding graphics quality has nearly been bridged. And the best thing is: rFactor2 is available. What about the competition? RRE is like race07 with better graphics and awesome sounds, but poor payment model, un-impressive physics, strange corner-markers, no multiplayer etc. pCARS is still in development and has a different kind of focus, so it's not a competitor for rF2. Iracing is expensive but - qualitywise - consistent and offers great online competition, it's not so much suitable for occasional use. AC looks awesome and the tech-preview was already quite impressive, but it is not yet available. I think we will have to wait at least another year until rFactor2 has become a more mature product and then compare it to AC. rFactor was already favoured for endurance racing by many simracer and once stability and network issues have been resolved there is a chance that rFactor2 will set another benchmark in this area.

4. pas74

pas74 Registered

+1111111!:)

5. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Can't wait for AC, but have they realesed it already or did I miss something?!...ooo wait, they didn't!!

6. peterchen

peterchen Registered

This kind words from YOU 10speed???? - unbelievable!
    I only know you from moaning and whining about -- everything.
    Did you grow up to adult in the last few weeks? Oh, no - wait: there was a post few days ago you where
    complaining about "illegal" or "stolen" mods.... I forgot. Just annoying.:rolleyes:

7. Arandor

Arandor Registered

Agree!

Agree! ;)

8. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

No I haven't and no I'm not, I know rF2 is still a WIP (which is what AC will also be when its finally released) and there is still lots to be done so stop trying to twist my words. It's nowhere near as bad as you would lead people to believe it is though.
    You, are trying to tell us all how perfect AC is when it hasn't been released yet and wont have the features rF2 has for a good while
    yet- but you wont listen to people who keep telling you this as you plough on with your monotonous repetitive and tiresome rF2 bashing.

Sez you...
    blah blah blah

Its been optimised loads but these changes are obviously to subtle for you to grasp. You seem to be whats known in PC terms as a "graphics whore".
    ISI have previously stated that they are getting the simulation aspects of rF2 sorted first before the graphics and other less essential things get sorted. Yet again though, it falls on deaf ears as far as people like you are concerned.

Why dont you do us all a favour and bugger off to the Assetto Corsa forum and stay there you boring moaning minnie. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2013
  9. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

As I already stated, iR only stores the hifi stuff for your own car. The other cars have way less data. I already ran the math for a 20 driver race that is 50 laps and it came to 330MB or something like that.

10. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

you're absolutely right, my expectations were very high with this simulator and my disappointment is very big now.

A few months ago I bought a new computer just to play the new simulators, I had read that this game was very demanding but I imagined it would be both.

RECOMMENDED
    CPU: 3.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or 3.0 GHz AMD Athlon II x2 or better
    Memory: 4 GB +
    Video Card: nVidia 250 GTS or ATI / AMD 4870 or better
    Video Memory: 512MB +
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista 64bit, Windows 7 64bit
    Storage: 4 GB +

My computer is far superior to this and throughput of rFactor 2 in my computer is very bad. And the price so exorbitant for something that not known as evolve in the next years makes me feel annoying.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-WwolJYJlN...lls_butt.kisser2_3608_954368_poll_xlarge.jpeg

11. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

You didn't really grasp what 10speed said, did you?

(manages to impress, available, gap to AC graphics nearly bridged) :D :D :D

In fact you hardly ever grasp ANYTHING written by anybody on this forum, probably cos yer only here to bash the sim.

Still spouting garbage and lies about exhorbitant pricing. You are a joke. :D

My reply to your previous post was still obviously too complicated for you to understand no doubt that's why you tried to be funny by posting a sh*t cartoon as a "witty" reply.[​IMG]

ROFL!

12. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

I hope my point is obvious :)
    Reported anyway. Disagreements happen, but calling people names should never follow.

13. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

??:confused:

14. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

Thanks GTClub.
    I'm done sticking up for this sim.

If people like K Szczech are gonna report people for responding with a few mild words to a personal "arse kissing" jibe and are gonna stick up for the bashers who take the p*ss out of this sim, then there ain't much point in hanging around here.

15. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Ok, but in an online environment as rF2 has (not centralized) the server replay is very important for league racing.

Now, if client replays had to store hifi stuff for the "recording" user, what the hypotetical best behaviour might be (size apart) in a server replay?
    No hifi data at all, or hifi data for all the clients?

16. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

You should not defend it, you should demand that the product improves. you paid € 70 for something that is not working properly and you can ensure that no one will work well.

If you buy a TV and not doing well, you will complain. And if you promise it will be fixed soon and do not, you will be angry.

The TV fanboys would be happy with it broken, and that is your case.

17. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

Paid about £35 quid for it actually. Told you before but you don't listen.
    Not working properly??? People have explained to you that this sim is not finished and is a W.I.P.- but you don't listen
    Have also explained to you that I realise that rF2 is a WIP... but you don't listen.
    You don't seem to take anybodies points of view on board and you do nothing but complain, YOU CERTAINLY DON'T LISTEN.
    One user explained why rF2 aint so bad and you totally agreed with him then said "how very bad" you think it is. YOU WEREN'T LISTENING OR READING TO WHAT WAS BEING SAID. YOU NEVER DO. :D

Perhaps the posts are getting lost in translation or maybe you have learning difficulties, or are simply just a WUM, who knows?

Calling me a fanboy for defending a sim I like on it's own forum... that's name calling and a bit of a personal attack I believe. :p

18. seancleric

seancleric Registered

I was excited to try ac demo but was left thinking ye it looks amazing from tv cams etc but actual in cockpit view and background graphics weren't all that astounding and the ffb was just like fake canned rumble effects with heavy spring feel turn and squeal turn and squeal driving and really disappointing :(. I could run it max settings triple screens and got 31 fps solid easy and it looked good, but I think rf2 cockpit view can look more realistic with better details in backgrounds and im not running rf2 near max settings on triples yet.

I just wondered what people who like rf2 ffb felt with the ac demos ffb ? I know few mates of mine we played a lot of race07/gtr for years with leagues etc and a little rf1, now with rf2 we love the feel but takes a little messing. Couple of them use g25s and I use csw all different settings. When we played ac demo we all said felt like dirt 2 feel and forza looks when 1st talking of what it was like, which was quite laughable for a sim but we never played netkar so not sure if ac has followed on with ffb from this, I was under impression ffb in netkar was pretty good but only by reading comments from others, I could play netkar but don't think ill get round to playing that now anyway.

Do you think any sim can live up to what rf2 brings to table now for realism ? im starting to think any other car game that doesn't have what rf2 has got to offer (ffb, real road, rubber/racing line, random weather/drying line/shadows slower and the tires) will not be a sim to me its going to be a arcade racer, I think rf has raised the bar in sim terms. I don't usually post much but would be interesting to see what others thought about ac ffb, in its current state no matter what the game had to offer I wouldnt buy it atm.

19. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Please email me your RF order number: timw@imagespaceinc.com

I'm going to refund you myself, then I'll delete your forum account, then you can go be happy somewhere else.

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

on the FFB subject dont forget the AC TD had a road car so you need to expect road like FFB, the true test of the FFB will be in a full on racing car which of course we dont have yet. I do believe AC will be very close to RF2s immersion/realism feeling (which for me is great) but it's how long they get there...speaking about Real Road of course as this is now one of the BIG things to have in a new racing simulator and that's not in v1.0 I dont think. Of course weather/day & night cycles play there part as does a decent sound engine, I await with baited breath as to what AC can deliver but I have no doubt both titles will sit together on my SDD for many years to come :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.