rear end feels unnatural

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by vilivili, Jan 12, 2012.

1. vilivili

vilivili Registered

when the rear loses its grip then its totally lost just like in rf1 and no chance to find the grip again with throttle and a little bit of counter steer.

every car same thing, I think there's something very important still to be done in the tyre model.

2. autodieb

autodieb Registered

Yeah I'm glad somebody else is mentioning this eventhough it's got nothing to do with beta testing the
    mod and packaging system.

Maybe I ain't tried hard enough. But once counter steering; if the rear end isn't controlled to perfection it comes jolting back at me. No chance of catching it again. Then again, them Megane's aren't the most favourable thing to drift.

I'll wait patiently and keep training :D

3. FilipV

FilipV Registered

Have you played iRacing?
    Imo the feeling of the car is very good and nice to handle. You can correct quickly if there is loss of grip at the rear end. No problem for me. I use a (rattling) G27 :).

4. Rubber

Rubber Registered

GREAT QUOTE TO YOU, I would to post my feedback on this too...

HAPPY to see that I'm not the only one that feel that!

and it's also easy to replicate... when you recover with steer after losing the grip on rear, next rotation is incontrollable and you can only sit and wait until the car stop... this is BAD physic implementation of G forces and car are also too flat on the road ( they should roll a bit when lateral force are exerted in curve... )
    Richard Burns Rally for example allow you to do ( Skandinavian Flick ) with some coerent physic response.

rFactor engine doesn't allow, when you reach a point you loss the rear without chances to recover ( removing gas or counter steer nothing works.. just wait and watch ... )

I REALLY HOPE THAT this will be fixed because it's here from rf1 and also other sim got same problem!!

It's not SETUP RELATED
    It's not MOD RELATED
    IT's BAD PHYSIC!

please find the way to FIX that !

5. Rubber

Rubber Registered

I never played iRacing due to my limited time and amateur/light approach to sim games, but there (I think this is rf2 beta problem discussion forum) is a good feeling of the car
    the problem happens only when you force too much and car twist on itself in UNNAtural way... there is a point of no return without progressive lost.. just DIGITAL 0 / 1 instead of should be much more progressive and LINKED to the trottle and wheel actions...

6. Diogo Quaresma

Diogo Quaresma Registered

Sorry but i don't feel that. I lost the rear end of Megane a couple of time and was able to manage the car and keep going.
    What i notice it's if you go through a curb and the car has no traction there, you can't do nothing because you're going to crash. Same thing if you step the grass.

But this my opinion.

7. emilblixt

emilblixt Registered

The difference beeing that RBR simulates narrow tires on GRAVEL. The grip is much lower and much more linear than wide racing tires on tarmac. If you watch f1 races or indy or nascar etc. you never see them drifting. Once you loose grip with wide racing tires there´s so much G force working your car sideways that slides are much harder to catch. If you slide an F1 car there´s so much load on the tires that you are probably allready in a wall. In RBR you are basically driving on the edge and beyond all the time.
    I was bashing the physics and FFB to earlier but then I realised all cars in the beta are racers with pretty wide tires.

And I absolutely LOVE RBR´s physics!

8. Rubber

Rubber Registered

Sorry for me it's hard to explain in english... it's also hard to explain in italian that it's my language...

the "Drift" tollerange in rf2 it's better than 1 but when you reach a "point" in the rear grip, the car act in a way not natural just start and finish the rotation until the end and nothing helps or reduce that, it can be reproduced all the time if you try to recover a rear loss of grip acting too fast with steering the secon one generated in opposite way it's uncontrollable ... I've try with all vehicle
    and happen the same, the best way to explain this is to show by video, I will try to do when I've time...

9. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Are you guys aplying brakes during the counter steering? (I didn't test RF2 yet, but it's a important aspect considering RF1 physics).

By the way, some RF1 mods allow you to recover a spin from counter-steering / opposite lock.

10. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

@vilivili

I have no problem with rear. I can control it quite good, much better than rf1.

Try to change stering lock (maybe you have to high), decrase brakes power or balance. It should help you.

11. Rubber

Rubber Registered

I know that RBR is on GRAVEL :) I just used to report an example I don't ask the same feel in the rf tracks asphalt :)

It's hard to explain and vilivili feels exactly the same as mine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JTlfbqLzG8&feature=related

in RF physic when you reach a "loss" point the car continue the rotation and doesn't feel any input
    I'm 100% sure that this is bad physic

you can work around increasing grip on rear, lowering the steering degree and reduce steering with speed but it's a work around the problem is still there.

12. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

I simply can't relate to this, I can pull the rear in from some fairly wild slides as long as the tyres aren't overloaded. Actually, the same was more or less true in RF1, though it's even more so here. It might sound like a criticism of your driving but from all I can see you're probably putting too much input in to the car at once or going too fast.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2012
  13. Vinceton

Vinceton Registered

You can easily drift the rtrainer in developer mode.

14. patryksok.

patryksok. Registered

Its not bad physic. Its your driving and influence of not feeling g-forces on your body.

15. vilivili

vilivili Registered

I didn't say I wasn't "able to manage the car and keep going". having quick hands doesn't mean the physics are ok.

I think rf1 and rf2 tyres are ok when there's just a little slipping going on, but a bit more slide and the rear grip is totally lost until front tyres are turned to point exactly to the right direction. There's no throttle or brake pedal position that would help to find the grip.
    and if (steering wheel) counter steer angle is only 95% of the needed angle then it's the same thing you didn't turn the wheel at all and the rear keeps sliding until the car stops and I think this is far from real.

16. vilivili

vilivili Registered

I think it's isiMotor

17. sg333

sg333 Registered

I've run the FR3.5 everywhere, with max downforce, and even at 25-50% throttle in corners, or on exit, the back snaps around with no warning. Somethings not 100% right with the rear handling indeed.

edit: the Megane seems fine, though, and the 60's car feel about right too

18. brabham67

brabham67 Registered

I think you will need to change your driving stye to suite rF2. What we have been driving in rF1 was a bit flawed. With the Megane, trailbraking into a corner will induce massive oversteer if you use the default setup. By changing the Brake bias 65% to the front and braking in a straight line the sudden loss will be reduced. It is a lot like iRacing in this respect. Bearing in mind that we are in Beta testing, and that the tire model isn't complete, this will likely change.

I wouldn't be so hasty to dismiss the physics yet.

19. Rubber

Rubber Registered

mate I'm not whining about my driving ... or lap time... I'm just reporting that PHYSIC ERROR THAT IS THERE

like that one for example...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YYzn6hEc34&feature=player_embedded#t=6s

or it's just the problem that I don't feel the g-forces...

some time the engine doesn't work like it should do, that's it

20. naifexx

naifexx Registered

You are not carrying enough speed for the down-force to kick in.

In my opinion this is well balanced, and predictable.

Practice makes perfect guys :D

Cheers.