R/C Racing Mod

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by FuNK!, Nov 4, 2013.

1. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Is this offer still valid!? :)
    If so, I would like to ask if you could make the tyre files for me?
    Currently making some progress on my indoor track and think a 10th scale car would be better (and more common).

2. krusti

krusti Registered

Oh i've never seen this topic since today! I grew up with R/C racing, love it!
    I'm not good in modding, but, if you need some infos about real models, engines and tracks ask me, maybe can i help!

3. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Its pretty hard to get data on the physics of an R/C (at least for me) so any data on real R/C physics would really help!
    • Engine profiles (torque, rpm)
    • Spring/damper characteristics

I've just put together a simple track and scene the other day. But it still don't look and feel right (track is approx. 3m wide and the area overall is 55x30 m). The car feels too slow and dull somehow but of course this could be because of its size (it's still the 5th scale model because I can't get my 10th scale model working properly). I'll add a short video to demonstrate this later ;)

EDIT: Video

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    The Iron Wolf and TwoHardCore like this.
  4. krusti

krusti Registered

I've never driven an 1/5 rc but according to the video it seems very plausible, maybe a little bit too slow in corners, it's a RWD right?

Are you going to develop 1/8 scale too or only 1/5 - 1/10? If you find hard 1/10 scale you can try with 1/8. (All the RC cars i've driven/owned were 1/8)

BTW nice work!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  5. Skan

Skan Registered

6. evn39LL

evn39LL Registered

Great thread here - hope the mod isn't dead. I also have actual data and models to measure/weigh, mostly 1/10th scale:
    Associated TC4 with a Novak ESC and Reedy 5.5T electric, Kyosho RB6 and a Tekno SCT410.3 with Tekin 4600, Castle 3800 and 1415 motor data.

Was just thinking about getting tire models setup when I came across this forum, so if it is still alive I can share some info as well!

7. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

It's not dead...it's just progressing veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery slowly :D
    Still missing tires and suspension in 1:10 scale keep me away from making greater progress though :oops:

8. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Anyone interested to face the challenge of creating some physics for 10th and 8th scale R/C road and maybe also offroad cars?
    I do not have the skills and the required time to get into the physics tools, but I could offer or research required data. I would also try to provide models and tracks if required.
    Just let me know here or contact me via PM or on discord ;)