Quick dev update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, May 7, 2013.

1. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

So not the Honda which would have been cool too. But the Cruze is one of my favorites too so that will be nice. :p

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Just to really confuse you, I licensed the BTCC car from the team, or through the team, as I knew a driver.

So the ongoing Honda talks I referred to aren't related to a BTCC car anyway, I'm talking to them about other stuff, one being engine branding and info.

3. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Interesting.... The plot thickens.... :)

4. ccjcc81

ccjcc81 Registered

Getting on the defensive there pretty quick, huh? lol I don't think that guy was bad-mouthing Greece, just pointing out that 2 developers got detained and it influenced the development timeline of the game. BTW, ARMA's not silly. ARMA is to FPSs as rFactor2 is to racing games. Over there they have a web page dedicated to updating the community that paid into the Alpha to let them know what's going on in development:

http://alpha.arma3.com/

5. ccjcc81

ccjcc81 Registered

I don't understand, why can't you just tell us?

6. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

Time for me to be a nuisance. lol
    Maybe I'll shoot an email or letter their way. Don't know if it'll get to who it has to get to but what the hell.

7. killerwatt

killerwatt Registered

Honda RA 300 would be nice. Just sayin'.

8. Jello

Jello Registered

I read the OP earlier & had to come back to read more. I just read the whole thread.

Firstly
    Thnx Tim for the update & it's all looking forward & upward.

Secondly
    Tim, you have the patience of a saint ;). Some the posters here even though they have every right to post, would truly give me the s****. So many one minded, me, me, me, I want, I want, I want, fix this now! types complaining about a game that is a beta!! Come on people be patient & chill out. Life is too short to get in a fluster over a game ;).

I have alpha & beta tested many games over the last 10+ years & a number of racing sims & this is just the way it is now, these dev's on many games now, have much tighter budgets than in years gone by, smaller teams, so give them a break. Yes, they might not have fixed what you complained about a few months back but no doubt if it is an issue that quite a number of people have complained about, it'll be on the fix list & addressed in coming builds.

Out of the many games I have alpha & beta tested, ISI I have to say, have made a damn good effort at keeping us informed on these forums & as Tim has said, some of the Dev's have given up on posting due to shear bloody mindedness, ignorance, arrogance & some typing without thinking first or just being rude. It's a shame :(.

I think some that post here bought into a beta not truly understanding what beta means or how long a beta can take.

I'll more than likely cop a heap of rude & argumentative posts, now, but pffftttt.... this old bloke couldn't give a toss ;).

P.S. Tim, any problems with any Aussie series not wanting to join, post it & you'll have a heap of aussies emailing complaints for them to get onboard ;)

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2013
  9. Nibo

Nibo Registered

10. BrokkelPiloot

BrokkelPiloot Registered

11. ifrans

ifrans Registered

still the main point he makes about how people communicate in general is still a good point. A lot of people seems to make their own interpertations and preferences and views as the absolute thuth, instead of a view on it. Not saying they are wrong or right, but if I read a lot of posts it seems that people create their own expectations, and if not forfilled, they are dissapointed. I have another approuch on it and it's way more relaxed, we have what we have and every improvement is an improvement and it comes when it comes. I can't see how ISI works or how software development works so there is no way I can predict how progress goes. I think impossible unless you work for ISI it self, and even then they can't plan everything how it will goes. They are creating stuff which no one has made before, I can only imagine that takes more time than only perfecting excisting features. If they say they have a small team I would also make a workprocess which makes sure you don't have to reworks things too many times, because their concept is to work on it for a couple of years which bring more costs, that's different compared to a game which you develop and release, and only update when needed. Afterall it's not a Iracing concept in which they keep generating money from every customer, they only receive money once. So with that in my mind I'm actually impressed what they will give us for what we pay (so many cars already in the pipeline and tracks, new features they create for simracing in general). Just my view on it, not saying others expectations are wrong, it's impossible to all agree on stuff:p

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2013
  12. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

@ niko1900: Ive seen so many completely idiotic posts from you that i did not want to feed the troll/fan boy.... Oops i did anyway. Come on, get a life and put thank you so much ISI in your signature.

I speak and write fluently 4 languages and use them on daily basis... I Iive in an open minded country where we try to understand people and remain polite if the counterpart is not an idiot.

13. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

LOL......

14. frankwer

frankwer Registered

Come on guys, do the fighting on the track...oh wait....forget that advice.

15. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Replays suck, and many aspects of the GFX suck overall{this is 1080p maxed on 8 bit LCD}.
    Even GTR EVO has better replay quality, not to mention close to real life look of iracing.

Half the cars are quite good, the other half feel like crap to me.

16. BrokkelPiloot

BrokkelPiloot Registered

Thank you for the quality arguments and constructive criticism you offer in this post;)

17. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

IOW, you think all cars are fine and that replays and GFX are ok?
    If not, it's quite obvious you're just another fanboy as you have no interest in any detailed discussion....your only interest is the rescue of ISI as that's what fanboys do.

18. ifrans

ifrans Registered

My view on the cars ISI produced is that I am really impressed with making fysics for all those different cars, not one dissapoints me, but impressed me. Every car they released, seems to match how you should drive the car in real life to be fast, if I watch the onboard video's on youtube. All the cars are predictable and good to drive imo. Offcourse I never driven a real racecar in real life, so true comparison will always be difficult unless you driven such a car in real life.

19. ifrans

ifrans Registered

F2Chump, are you not making a lot of assumptions here? People have different opinions about things, if someone is satisfied with a product does not make him a fanboy, just a happy customer. We don't call you a hateboy right? You just have another view on things. He did not argued with your comments, it was just a request to say why you have that opinion.

20. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Ah, yes, let's just leave the physics evaluation to paid racing consultants, btw, I'd be surprised if you've ever driven any car to make those comments.

https://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=...Gc&biw=1536&bih=860&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

I used to thrash modified Australian Muscle cars around Mt Cootha, and this was before I had any idea of race driving technique, yet oddly enough, in the yrs that I did this, I never once had a huge off, yet, I'm expected to believe various lightweight race cars with HUGE tyres, race suspension, lowered etc can just tumble all over the track.

The 60F1 cars are broke, and now I'm worried that any powerful older car will also be ruined, ie, the Cobra.