Quick dev update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, May 7, 2013.

1. osella

osella Registered

Lol.
    Yes Tim has posted thousands of replies on this forum, but that's it as far as ISI is concerned. All the other devs combined posted maybe 5 times? Let's not imagine things here that didn't happen.

Also Tim himself acknowledged that this community isn't really particularly whiny or childish, not at all. We're just all frustrated that there was NEVER any feedback whatsover, EXCEPT (for the 113435th time) from Tim.

2. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

But if he agreed with me, he could've expanded upon my comments, instead, he went into fanboy mode accusing me of having nothing constructive to say.
    I just fired up iracing and GTR EVO, and rf2 looks terrible in many instances, and I'm 1080p maxing it.

3. ifrans

ifrans Registered

Well he responded with a sarcastic joke, he could ask it a different way, we all have our own way of communication. I think people need a little more specified feedback, I have no knowledge on graphics or those games to compare so you won't see me discuss it, but it's hard for people to react on comments which are mostly based on feel, I guess when you take an expect of the graphical difference, and expand even more detailed on it, people find it more easy to react to someones feedback. I don't read it like he thought you have nothing constructive to say, he probably couldn't judge if he agrees with you or not because for him he had not enough info to give a proper feedback to your post.
    For instance I had that with your quote about the cars, I only know that you don't like all the cars, but I have no idea why you don't like them. So for that reason I can't respond directly to your feedback or can he.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2013
  4. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

Excuse, I have a question on the future. All know that ISI let out smart and qualitative content. I have a question to Tim. Whether are going to release any license car serial, not the sports? Miniveins, sedan, hatch-back... Analogs of Ford Fokus or still any...
    Simply it would be desirable any ordinary car, serial for ModDev. It is impossible to go by Trainer, on soil tracks... (

5. Jello

Jello Registered

LMFAO. Look at the replies already. My point exactly.

I have never seen this post by Tim. Alright, so it's not a beta, but the point is that it is still in development (same thing really). So no ouch :rolleyes:

That is simply not correct.

The people who whinge & whine repeatedly should simply go & try RRRE (in development, single player only atm, costs you to buy other cars), Project Cars (oh that's in development, looking at 2quarter 2014) howabout Assetto Corsa (oh bother that's in development).

At least you can play single player, race online against others, got a range of cars from ISI & modders, 6GB of tracks from modders with rF2.

And before I get called "fanboy". I have been playing racing sims, since the days of 486 PC's & I have beta tested for Simbin several times & have been awaiting GTR3 for years, but Simbin are concentrating on RRRE atm (which I beta tested the original RR), so I've been playing that & waiting for them to also add more content, the word of importance is WAIT as it is in development.

For those who aren't happy atm, go play something else for a while & come back when the next build or two are done, but just stop the constant being down on the dev's.

6. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

So you're not a fanboy but don't want any criticism aired....lol.

7. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Yes. The Hondola!

8. Jello

Jello Registered

Again
    Show me where I said that I don't want ciricism? :rolleyes::confused:

Criticism as in saying this is "GFX suck overall", that's good criticism? :rolleyes:

That's not criticism, that's just a stating your opinion. Why do the graphics suck? Explain the issue?

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2013
  9. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Same to you man, same to you..

I suppose you are an exception to the rule there?

10. MrDarceh

MrDarceh Registered

hnnnngggg

11. MrDarceh

MrDarceh Registered

Aussie racing cars would be amazing

12. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Good post and good news Tim, If you can continue with this kind of post, It will be great, to be more patient :)
    The screen of Silverstone seems to be excellent (the video driver and rF2 parameters will be good to diffuse to get same result on our computers), I hope the other part of the track and the render of the cars will be at same level in future build !!

13. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Im not two, Im one.

I have no intention to attack you, I wouldnt commend on your post either, its arrogancy is your problem, not mine, but since you commend on other peoples countries you give me no choice.
    So, better leave other peoples countries alone next time, I respect equally all countries and I expect others do the same for mine.

I remember the incident very well.
    I remember the international press commenting "oh, those poor kids. they were really mistreated".
    Actually they were detained till they had some solid proof of their sayings and after that they were freed without any concequence.

What really puzzled me though was, didnt these kids know in which part of the world they were trying to photo military installations?
    They are supposed to be experts in warfare and they didnt know that this is a sensitive area?

And how ignorant can you be to not understand this?

[​IMG]

14. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

You mean this car? Doesn't look broke to me and this is the old version ;)

15. Alesi

Alesi Registered

topics like this one should be closed for users.. only devs can write in them - it will be fair enough and easy to read news.

16. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Agree, Tim already have kids.

17. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

18. ifrans

ifrans Registered

Sorry F2chump, I just said I based it on youtube, not a great reference and only my opinion. By saying I have never driven a race car I just wanted to point out that my comparison is also based on feel, the way I experience the car to drive, not on facts, so people know where I based my opinion on.
    I know how to drive a road car and really don't get your attitude by saying that you'd be surpised if I even driven a normal car, you're way of communicating gives me only the impression you're not open minded to other peoples opinion, it's fine with me you don't agree, but just say that and why, in stead of insulting me, it only makes me read your messages as not to be taken seriously if people can't explain themselves, and it will never give a constructive conversation. Am I not taking you seriously even if I don't agree with you? That's because I respects someones opinion.

19. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

That's torture driving on such a track. Need some speed!!!!!

20. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Wow thank you for this very detailed explaination.
    If you want help please describe the points detailed like:
    1. replay with multiview and hdr on shows three screens in one view. This is not usable at the moment.
    But we know that and ISI know that too.
    2. descibe detailed what is the problem with half the cars feel like crap.
    Can you do this? If yes please post it in words we can understand and maybe you will get a solution or someone from the ISI stuff will pick up your points.
    In any other case please tell it to the wall in front of you or fire up whatever.