Quick dev update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, May 7, 2013.

1. ccjcc81

ccjcc81 Registered

I want to fight the wheel like that over bumps. I want to feel that wheel-wrenching sensation. I want the bumps on the road to be among the deciding factors of whether or not I make it through the turn, or slide off the track. Is that going to happen in rFactor 2?

2. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Goose bumps...

When is rFactor2 engine sounds going to give us goose bumps? Seriously, engine sound (and other sounds too) are very important. rF2 60's cars sounds are kinda 'boring'... At least when I've heard the lotus 49 from iRacing (only reason why I'll renew subscription when it's released). Would be interesting to know if ISI have any plans for better engine sounds, or if they are happy with it as it is?

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Adjust settings how you want them. If the feedback G25 and G27 users gave is any indication, not by default for those wheels.

4. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

So, no response about triple screen replays and more support for triple screen! it is such disappointing that every time that I ask about this features, they get ignored! seems that ISI dont care about these features, at all!:(

5. ccjcc81

ccjcc81 Registered

What's not by default? Are heavy forces like that capable with a G27? Regardless, I'm happy to say that I just pulled the trigger on a CSW and BMW rim. Should arrive next week. That should do it, eh?

6. Wheelzpin

Wheelzpin Registered

Thanks for your reply. I do race offline and online. I don't feel like I've raced for nothing, but it often leaves me feeling like the experience is somewhat incomplete. It seems like the whole focus of rF2 is around how the car drives and feels on the track, and how that changes as the track changes and the tires wear. While all that is great, I think there are a lot of aspects around a race event or season that are missing.

Yes and no. Semantics aside, it is a computer game; a game that is designed to simulate.... that's where I get a bit stuck. Sure, you can use rFactor2 as the platform for a league season, just as you can use a hockey stick to prop a door open. That doesn't mean it was designed for that purpose.

Whether you race online against other people or offline against AI. If rFactor2 is supposed to simulate racing, shouldn't it include the features to set up a season? Shouldn't we be able to choose single or multi-race events, setup point spreads, weight handicaps, etc., all within rF2? And shouldn't it include the tools to capture, store, display (and perhaps even distribute) all the stats, standings, points and such that a race season or league would need? If it is truly a racing simulator, we shouldn't have do all of that manually or cobble together our own programs to extract the data just to get the race results.

7. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

If ISI doesn't include a internal Championship mode, I guess it wouldn't be difficult to do by an external tool which set the tracks and accumulates the XML files results. But it should be an internal feature, for sure. I don't know why ISI wouldn't do that.

8. Jello

Jello Registered

I get the fight from the wheel over bumps & wheel wrenching sensation with my G25. Play with the settings more or use the logitech profiler.

9. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/12098-Quick-dev-update?p=167793#post167793
    doesn't really say much, but it is something. And if Tim says that he doesn't know, then it won't be easy for him to give more info to you about it I guess ;)

PS: as you might notice the post is in the same topic, so either you haven't even read it completely, or you don't call this little info info.....

10. CosmiC10R

CosmiC10R Registered

oh god... i so shouldn't do this... and really you proved every one of my points with this completely inane post...so I just can't help myself :)

A tip for you... No one cares about the greek military... like no one cares about the Canadian military... China... Russia... The US... I mean c'mon, I think the U.S. spends more than the next 7 countries combined. I'm sure the greek military is very dedicated as is the Canadian military but let's not pretend that in the world of Google earth, the two worst intelligence agents ever are standing anywhere near a base, in the open, with a camera, who have day jobs as game developers, and are collecting intelligence for a foreign government... that is a Movie... and a bad comedy at that

But again, I just want to take the time to say thanks for proving all my points... I couldn't ask for more. I wish you well in your future endeavours. :)

11. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Didn't This thread go quite offtopic or am I already drunk?

12. CosmiC10R

CosmiC10R Registered

Partially my fault and I apologize... I will be good now Tim :)

And now, Back to your, hopefully, regularily scheduled Dev update...

13. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Yes, it will go private from now on, excuse Tim and guys..

14. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Are you drunk?

15. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I just want my last loaded car spinning in full 3D when I start the game. Just like rFactor1.. That is all. Looking at the car the entire time I picked the track and psyched up my drive was why I liked rFactor over other sims. It is entirely psychological but who cares.

Isn't there the built in ability to mod a whole new UI? Has anyone given that a shot?

16. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Agree :)

17. 88mphTim

Or I have responded to that in multiple threads recently and none of those responses satisfied you. Multi view settings are worked on with every build. It wasn't going to be a short process.

18. 88mphTim

Yes, they are capable, but people complain about noise when unfiltered FFB is used on those wheels.

19. 88mphTim

Karts are fairly high on the list, including ways to do body movement. 1.4 releases of older content, and some new content are before it though.

20. 88mphTim

Both? :)