Putnam Park - WIP

Discussion in 'Locations' started by feels3, Sep 20, 2012.

1. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

yeah just like me, Croft circuit is smooth with same settings. I believe it's the same issue like the fuji circuit in 1.01 version

in fuji this is what was fixed
    "- Reduced number and size of environment maps to work around a rF2 issue that would lead to bloated VRAM-usage"

he said even with environment reflections off this issue is present. I hope it's the same

2. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

I will try to fix both issues (layouts names and low fps in the pit) and release patch ASAP.

3. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

thank you feels take your time

4. tjc

tjc Registered

Cool blog feels3... :)

5. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

hi feels, I said before I get 13fps in pit area(including in race track close to pit area).
    well I found out that if I turn the shadows to high or full I get 55 in pit area and the rest of track 60fps lock. Strange right?

Inside the garage 22fps, outside garage like 10m away from it goes to 50.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2012
  6. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Hey feelsfree, I get strange artefact's/graphic-bugs on some static cars around the pitlane and also on some objects around the track. I also have a flickering black screen sometimes. The hole screen is turning black then and you can only see some of the artefacts... very strange as if the gfx is overloaded... ctrl. + C and ctrl.+f is ok and looks normal to me. Just like on other tracks. Never had such stuff before... Did you got any reports about such stuff?

7. feels3

Send me a screenshot please.

I don't know where is the problem. My tracks use less texture memory than ISI tracks so I doubt that gfx could be overloaded.

Poly count is also very low in this track. (~2x less than Croft and ~5x less than Poznan)

I have mediocre pc, I'm ATI user and I don't have any problems.

Track have few objects which have enabled reflections, but there are only two static reflectors so it shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2012
  8. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

I noticed that too when I loaded the track in the Viewer. If I remember correctly, I think it was happening on all the objects that use alpha reflect. There were a lot of them. Sometimes the screen would go black for half a second when those objects came into view, so it could be an overload of some kind. How many Statics are being used in that entire pit/paddock area?

9. feels3

There are only two static reflectors for all of these objects. (cars, barrels, garage doors, windows)

I will check my scn file, maybe I have wrong settings for static reflectors.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2012
  10. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

I vaguely remember seeing the same artifacts on the tyre wall/covered hay bales/whatever they're called. Could be an update rate issue? I don't know. It would be a lot easier if it was reproducable.

1 person likes this.
  11. Flaux

Flaux Registered

I can confirm what Luc is saying. Here are some screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here the black screen before and after moving the cam a centimeter...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh and forget about the realroad, didn't changed the setting in all sessions to naturally progressing so it had to happen... :p

12. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Looking at that makes me wonder if there isn't an issue with the graphics drivers being used. The hay bales don't look like they have the texture they should have, though it might be the track and I haven't seen hay bales like that, could be wrong.

13. feels3

Problem has been solved. It was my mistake.

I had in scn file TrackingIns= and I should have Pos= (for static reflector)

I still have a few things to fix, but small update should be ready soon.

14. mianiak

mianiak Registered

That looks like the reflection issue someone else had a little while ago, the fixed it, let me see if I can find the thread.

[ED] NM :)

15. Mauro

Mauro Registered

hi feels

i insert your track in my vmod "1960s WCR All Tracks" but now online there is this problem:

[​IMG]

there are only 2 box opened.
    to go out, you have to do various maneuvers.

I hope you solve this bug in future update.

bye!

16. feels3

Don't worry, garage doors have collision turned off, just drive through the door and wait for update :p

17. blakboks

blakboks Registered

feels3 et al - Fantastic job with this track. Love it! Such a fun track...I love these 'small', narrow, undulating, high-speed, American tracks (i.e. this, LimeRock, The Glen, etc.).

18. KittX

KittX Registered

The track seems fantastic, but I also have that black screen problem. Hopefully you'll bring the update soon.

P.S. I am a big fan of your work! :)

19. hammad800

hammad800 Registered

Others too have the screen going black again and again at various parts of the track? It gets annoying :( It doesn't go black, just goes really really dark.

20. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Have that black screen (getting dark for 1 or 2 seconds) on one of my converted tracks too. Could upload if you want to check or compare. (only basic conversion).