Progress

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gjon Camaj, Nov 26, 2012.

1. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Actually no, we all did pay for the full "gold" product. It's absurd to claim that we do not have any rights to gold. You can call it front payment. We ordered something that is not there yet, but in order to get it faster we accepted the terms to pay the full price beforehand. I have assumed that ISI needed the money to get the job done.

Not sure if it gives them more or less motivation to make the game good now when they have some of the money beforehand...at least they have large audience now that are willing to offer their free opinion of the game developed. I believe it's all worth the risk for ISI for those reasons (money to make the game and community help) despite the critic they are also recieving.

2. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

3. Miro

Miro Registered

As far as I know, i have pre purchased rFactor2, with early access to the beta.

Now I have the early access to the beta but I want to know when I will get the product I have paid for.
    I hope you guys don't feel offended by this simple question, as I see some of you are very sensitive in your relationship to ISI.

I also hope I as a customer will get a reasonable answer from somebody of the ISI stuff or Mr. Cmaj himself.

4. tjc

tjc Registered

Well since you mention kindergarden I`d say it`s far more mature to hear why somethings gone over budget or taking longer than everyone expected and react positively with some understanding, than to just endlessly complain and moan about it which is what a spoiled child would do...

5. osella

osella Registered

Yes that's right. You won't get very specific answer, all that ISI confirmed is that it will be in 2013.

6. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

where have you seen that confirmed??? I don't remember that. I do remember Tim saying that they were still 'aiming'/'on course' for a 2013 release, but not an actual confirmation that it is sure. But as I said, I might have missed it ;)

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

We're not interested in creating hype, thanks. It's not a finished product. :)

8. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I believe there is a better ways to contact ISI than this forum in your matter. The main point of this forum is to share feelings, opinions and tips concerning the game itself. If you are fed up, then maybe you can get a better response by contacting ISI customer service (if they have one :p)?

Like Depeche Mode once said:

"Words are very unnecessary
    They can only do harm...
    Vows are spoken
    To be broken...
    Words are meaningless
    And forgettable...
    Words are very unnecessary
    They can only do harm
    Enjoy the silence"

Good philosophy in there... less talk, more action ;)

9. 88mphTim

Yes, you are. He mentioned that has caused the delay, not that it is the only thing coming.

10. 88mphTim

Because it was decided to do so, as the code half finished affected the multiplayer aspects too much.

11. 88mphTim

You pre-ordered the finished product. Which you will get when it is that finished product. There is no set date for that.

12. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

he will not understand this :)

13. osella

osella Registered

K.

14. Miro

Miro Registered

Well, don't know what to say, that's not a acceptable answer really IMHO. But I guess that's my problem.
    Thank you for the answer anyway.

15. Rik

Rik Registered

I'm here!
    I love RF2. Take your time. You are always the best!
    Thanks for the update on developments.

Sincerely.

16. 88mphTim

Only answer possible.

The only other related thing which has been said, was an estimated length of the testing, which was incorrect. At no other time has a date been said (and I am seeing that I have said 2013? I haven't said 2013 - not that any conclusions should be drawn from that, either.)

17. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

I don't think it's you.... I fully share your view. We pre-purchased rF2 while we've been told that the product would be more or less ready within 6 months. (> what you call beta)
    The question is now what is acceptable as "more or less": as we've doubled the time already I think this is far "more" than you could reasonnably accept.
    And once again: the time is not the problem (at least for me) but the way ISI tells us to p... off.

I think we have enough critisim now to close the thread now...as usually.

18. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

come on Tim, can you seriously not even give a handshake on GOLD in 2013...

19. osella

osella Registered

There was this thread "Gold before 2014?" and I remember you saying Yes, I can be wrong though.

20. Minibull

Minibull Member

Funny that you talked about rFactor 2 not taking up large amounts of time in your life...seems like it plagues your every thought...XD

What would be the point in a "handshake" regarding gold? Is that in any way going to affect the actual first full release?
    Whats its going to do is make you a) pissed off because they could give you a handshake for 2015 to cover there asses, or b) a date that may very well be passed over, which will get you all bitchy again because they missed YOUR deadline.

You mentioned how you have no gratitude towards companies, and groups who provide service to you, only gratitude for people personally and emotionally involved with you. Seems you expect ISI to show gratitude towards you though, for the hardships you've been through waiting for rF2. But you are just a customer, ISI aren't involved emotionally with you...:rolleyes: