Progress

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gjon Camaj, Nov 26, 2012.

1. osella

osella Registered

Have to say this update made me even more confused (yeah its true what somebody posted on these forums: dont tell them nothing, they whine. Tell them something specific, they whine even more why there isnt something else).

I'm sorry but I just don't get it. Why delay an update because of a skins related function when no modders make new cars, overall content is so limited and there are 1000s FAR more imporant functions missing?

2. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I know this is going to fall on deaf ears but what are you guys who are complaining expect to accomplish by complaining? You can't make ISI work any faster. You are not going to influence their decisions (at least by being negative). The only effect I think your negativity can have is to demotivate these guys. Fortunately much credit goes to ISI for not letting this get to them.

Kudos to you, ISI. And, although I know you already know this, I believe the silent majority is on your side. We are behind you. We wish you the best. We are in awe of what you have been able to accomplish. And we understand you are working hard and doing your best.

1 person likes this.
  3. RNelson

RNelson Registered

I think the lesson, and ISI has learned it, is that no matter what decision they make, there is a certain percentage of the audience , who clearly know better, who will complain. Therefore they do what makes sense for them, consistent with their plans for developing the product. More power to them and I hope there is a huge dose of patience in their Christmas stockings for the coming year. They deserve it.

1 person likes this.
  4. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

+1

5. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

+1 to Kknorpp001 :)

6. tjc

tjc Registered

Now there`s a first...

7. tjc

tjc Registered

+ Many. :)

8. Muxi-Mux

Muxi-Mux Registered

+1

9. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Came here ONLY to say THANK YOU for saying ANYTHING.

+1

10. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

As all this things are worked on by different people (as has been said over and over again) the addition of Skins does not mean other things are being held up. It may not be high on my list of fixes either, but any time something gets fixed it is one step closer to finish.

11. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

Same goes the other way around:
    Whatever ISI says or does, there is a certain percentage of the audience that will... like it and express their gratitude for having a sim company develop... a sim game...

12. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

you are basically referring to something called "resignation". Some people have tendency to accept anything that is thrown at them and say: "I can't anyway change it, so I'll accept the situation as it is". It's always easier to agree than to start arguing. (stay polite and don't get personal!!)

Others don't accept it and will continue to try to influence and have them heard... and will continue... There's nothing worse than silently accepting thinks you don't like.

Secondly: "The only effect I think your negativity can have is to demotivate these guys"
    again that's your perception. Some of us think that things don't move as they should and express it.
    It's highly motivating to have the opportunity to show other people that they have been wrong... ISI couldn't get a better challenge than the people complaining over here.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2012
  13. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

This is nothing new speaking generally and also goes for every software development. It's like saying we have colors from white (people who will like it) to black (people who don't like it). Most are in the shades of gray (somewhere in between).

14. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

I wonder if deep down you envy the people who can feel gratitude over simple things, and if you really do respect the "entitled".

15. Miro

Miro Registered

Thank you for the update on the progress.
    When will I get the product I have paid for?
    Many thanks in advance for the answer.

16. tjc

tjc Registered

First of all I`m not resigned to anything...

Secondly ISI have said (certainly as far as this latest update is concerned) that they have come across quite a big problem that affected several other things to do with that update and you think by bitching in their ears your going to motivate them?

Next time you have some kind of problem in your life that`s holding you back from getting somewhere/doing something why don`t you let us all know and we`ll moan and bitch to you about it... see if that motivates you!

If someone has a problem it`s usually help, support and encouragement that makes them overcome it, not pathetic, negative whining...

1 person likes this.
  17. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

1 person likes this.
  18. osella

osella Registered

You paid for the beta in the first place, which you have been able to download for more than 11 months.

19. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

nobody knows it but no matter :)

20. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

Hmmm, we're all here in this little forum and are coming from completely different continents all around the world. I'm strating to believe strongly that cultural differences play a big role in these discussions.

To be very honest: as a customer I'm not gratefull at all. Neither to ISI, neither to the persons that build my house, nor the manufacturer of my car.
    However, I stronly appreciate the work of the people that build my house. Am I gratefull, NO. Why not, because it's not an emotional, private relationship. I paid them to build my house. At the end they did what I expected. If not, I would have paid too much.
    I'm however very grateful towards my parents, my wife, my son, friends that come along to give me hand... or simply to say hello and have a drink.

Let's not mix up things: I don't know Tim, Gjon or anybody else at ISI. I appreciate the work on the SIM but in my eyes they do not manage to communicate properly with the community. > I have no personal feelings against them or anybody in this forum. I just think it's ridiculous to be grateful for a post stating nothing at all.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2012
    2 people like this.