Released Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (992)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Dec 17, 2022.

1. Havner

Havner Registered

Lazza likes this.
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

3. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

Nice !!!
    with all the GT3 and GTE, finally the 540° generic from rF2 is good for one car !
    ACC has 43 cars , 1 with 540°, wooow.
    rF2 has 20 GT3/GTE paid DLC, and all have a wrong wheel rotation except the 992 ! Congratz !

Last edited: Jan 9, 2023
  4. Havner

Havner Registered

That's actually true as well. I haven't checked if all GT3/GTE cars have 540, but they all have very similar values. The variety is suspiciously low. Also the 992 in rF2 has 524, not even 540.
    Also we can't change the steering ratio in any of them (outside of manually messing with steering lock). And not like rF2 can't do that. It can. But that option is still being used in most S397 cars as the stupid and useless:
    524, 16.8
    450, 14.4
    380, 12.2
    etc..
    The two notable exceptions I can think of are Formula Pro and IndyCar. And then they release the new Porsche and again with this nonsense.

Iketani and AlexHeuskat like this.
  5. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

the Raceroom wheel rotation and steering ratio settings are so so good, there is a high range value setting.
    The rFactor2 steering ratio settings is not good for a sim with high standard realism.
    The driving feeling is directly related to the wheel rotation and steering ratio.

6. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

I cannot find the 992 Cup template..

7. Havner

Havner Registered

Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\365960\2904331050

memoNo1 likes this.
  8. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Thank you!

9. Sanio Alfa

Sanio Alfa Registered

so as not to spam the topic of 992, if anyone wants to continue writing about the Endurance DLC package here GTE and Oreca 07 New Tyre Update

and I will answer this for you here.
    I also wrote in previous posts that I don't have any problems with braking, balance and fletspot. wheels don't block, or if they do block, I take care or shift the balance to the extra behind. and I usually keep the GTE car brake balance from 50.3 to 51.8 on the front axle. so it's pretty much rear wheel force.
    I keep the max pedal force at 85-95% depending on the car.
    And yes, I forgot to mention that I use a Fanatec V3 predal with brake performance kit. so brake control is not too much of a problem for me.

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I actually listed most of them in one of the many other threads Alex pasted his ACC table in. I'll say again: this is the 992 thread. Why did he repeat his rant here? I'm saying it's because he thought the 992 should also have 800, and now that he knows ACC has 540 he's accepting (see above) rF2 has it correct - because it agrees with ACC (yes, it's actually 524, not 540 - Alex isn't so good at checking what's actually in rF2, or ACC it seems).

I repeatedly question - across multiple threads - how he knows ACC is right, and I get accused of saying it's wrong (see above).

Let's keep this to threads of cars he's saying are wildly wrong, or even the thread he created on this (in which he stopped responding) as this peppering of the entire forum with hit and run 'facts' is annoying and simply off topic right here

Kelju_K, Bernat, Emery and 2 others like this.
  11. Havner

Havner Registered

The problem I have with this car is that AI easily outbrakes me. 100% pedal strength, ABS (aid), no ABS, doesn't matter. AI can brake in a distance player cannot.

12. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

I remember in player.json you can change how much grip AI has in braking. I could be wrong but worth looking.

13. Havner

Havner Registered

Code:
        "AI Brake_Grip Usage":0.9725,
        "AI Brake_Grip Usage#":"Fraction of theoretical brake grip that AI attempt to use (can be overrode in HDV)",
        "AI Brake_Power Usage":0.92,
        "AI Brake_Power Usage#":"Fraction of theoretical brake power that AI attempt to use (can be overrode in HDV)",

Why is that even a thing? In any case, it's not above 1, so assuming this even works in this case (as can be overridden per car) they shouldn't have more grip than player.

14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

any number lower than 1.0 reduces the braking forces. There are(or were) several similar bits of code that could be used to tailor the AI's driving style. I ALWAYS felt the AI could outbrake me. (part of that changed when I got a decent set of pedals and used the rubber inserts to increase the force needed to press the brakes and reduce the distance the pedal could travel.) As long as we have a bazillion different wheels, videocards, handbrakes, shifters, buttsniffers, then some customization may always be needed.

15. Havner

Havner Registered

I'm pretty sure this isn't hardware independent. They outbrake me by a lot. I don't have such issues with other cars I race.

16. Simulation_Player

AI uses different tyre physics (different physics all together i believe), so there will be some performance difference. good thing is that you can change so many things in rf2 without waiting for patch.
    you can lower AI strength , play with multiple settings in player json etc.

if u still can't manage to make them brake to your level , just make them slower in corners....this way to achieve the balance. i think u can change lots of AI behavior in json file.

17. Havner

Havner Registered

Yeah, I get all of that. I just don't feel like I should perform my own BOP (player vs AI) to be able to race a car I bought as a paid DLC. This is seriously poor quality control.

PirroC likes this.
  18. Simulation_Player

kind of fair point, but on other hand if u take a totally closed off sim like ACC.....your hands are tied and u can't do anything.
    Another thing i want to say is that , i didn't see other saying same stuff here, so maybe maybe its your driving related ? im not trying to say that u suck , but maybe u aren't getting most out of cars and i don't know your level.
    if alien were to say this or someone who is closer to alien 1 or 2 seconds off, and AI strength is at 90%-100% then we have a real issue.

19. Havner

Havner Registered

I'm not alien, but I can drive. In cars/tracks combos I feel comfortable with I beat AI by 1-2 secs per regular (1:30-2:00) laps on 100% strength.
    My settings when I'm just having fun (eg. last to first) with are:
    AI Strength: 100%
    AI aggression: 66%

When I want to have a somewhat realistic race I increase strength by few percent.

The last car I remember I had such an issue was Ariel Atom (mod) and it wasn't just me. Several people reported that and it was patched.

Why don't you try yourself and tell us your observations?

20. Simulation_Player

its hard to judge ones level with AI strength alone, because for some cars and tracks 100% is too fast while other times 120% is still slow.
    again im not saying that you suck, i merely pointed out that it maybe......MAYBE related to your driving.
    im not at all denying the possibility of content problem, but i have given you solution for that in json file and i think you are knowledgeable yourself to further tweak things to your liking.
    I'm also not trying to paint myself as superior driver here not at all, i'm just exploring the possibilities.

pkelly, Kelju_K and Maarten Nauta like this.