Released Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (992)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Dec 17, 2022.

1. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

It shows that you have not tested the car 20 laps in a row !!!, much less with the default setup

2. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

no1 car in rf2.
    thank you for this gem!

DJChrizz and juanchioooo like this.
  3. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Hi folks! Just to let you Porsche lovers know, and seeing as the server test was successful (thanks to all who helped!). I'll be running a Live Server today which will also be livestreamed on my YT channel. It will be the Porsche (of course) @ Laguna Seca (Possibly Nurburg aswell) with proably a 15min practice session, 10 minute Quali, and 20min race. Seems there's a good amount of interest so hopeful we'll get a good sized grid. Be setting it up within the next hour or sooner, so if you're interested in having some fun with this awsome car today keep an eye on my channel for when it starts or search the RF2 multiplayer for a server called: TarmacTerrorist LIVE!

Here's hoping for a great afternoon of it, see you on track!

4. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Now Going live, Lets race these lovely Beasties!

avenger82 likes this.
  5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Paul McC always love your enthusiasm, but slowly filling a car release thread with temporary server announcements is a bit weird. There's an online racing section in the forum for just that purpose.

CeeBee, pkelly, Bernat and 1 other person like this.
  6. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

7. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

For me, It´s the only car In any race sim that I have played that actually tells you how to drive It :cool: Which In turn makes you very attached to the car Itself. Just like the real thing from what I see on videos.

Awesome stuff If you ask me!

DJChrizz likes this.
  8. DJChrizz

DJChrizz Registered

After many driving the 992 on several tracks ... I love this new cup 992. Awsome car, Force Feedback is ... woooow.
    The driving is much fun and the only little setups possibility are enough to make the cup stable for each track and driver.
    The sound is amazing too also the VR driving experience.

MikeV710 likes this.
  9. DJChrizz

DJChrizz Registered

10. Sanio Alfa

Sanio Alfa Registered

Porsha is great!

a couple of races have been driven, but the problem of rear tire consumption is noticeable.
    depending on how you adjust the setup, you can protect the rear tires to some extent, but then the times per lap drop.
    maybe in some upgrade it wouldn't be bad to adjust the rear tires to have more grip, so that this beast would come alive on the track.
    because I see that many drivers have a problem with that (back end car disco) and it kills the charm of racing a little.

who said it can't be driven on three wheels :D

Attached Files:

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It sounds suspiciously like the Porsche drives like a Porsche. Being a sim it's better that people learn to drive it like a Porsche, rather than the car be modified to handle like a different car.

gt911, MikeV710, RaceNut and 8 others like this.
  12. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

i strongly believe that consuming more rear tyres is infact typical porsche thing , especially CUP car...as it lacks proper aero grip and setup adjustments are basically non-existence.
    this exact thing is confirmed via a race engineer who worked on porsche gt race cars and i also asked few IRL cup driver , and this seems to be the case.
    I'm totally against anything fake physics adjustments, which is probably the case for all in sim community.

Full_Ninja, Rui Santos and pkelly like this.
  13. nounoubleu

nounoubleu Registered

I have worked during some years on Porsche Cup (gen 997, 991.1 and 991.2 but not 992). The Michelin tyres ( N2 type at that time) provided for the Porsche Cup championships were made for few laps quals + 30'' race. They were incredibly fast during several laps, then were dropping significantly .
    Set up must take it into account.(+ playing with brake balance during the race)
    However, the tyres provided by Michelin and other manufacturers for the endurance races were much more stable, but slower.

14. TJones

TJones Registered

Hi @nounoubleu, would you share some setup data like camber and tyre pressure, you where using back then? :)

nounoubleu likes this.
  15. azaris

azaris Registered

Theoretically that would make sense. However, looking at onboard tyre telemetry the fronts appear to be carrying more load as evidence by the fronts running way hotter than the rears:

16. nounoubleu

nounoubleu Registered

Unfortunately I never worked on the 992 in real life and even my close friends would never share their precious set-up with me :)
    So, I'm blind.
    However, I heard it works with much less extreme set-up than its glorious ancestors. It's heavier, with more grip and aero than 991 and finally reacts bit more like a little GT3. Thus, default set-up doesn't look totally unrealistic.

TJones likes this.
  17. TJones

TJones Registered

@azaris I think the main reason for the higher tyre temperature at the fronts is that the real one is still a bit tougher to drive at the limit than the rF2 one, so he try to avoid slides of the rear axle, maybe by setup, driving style or both. You can see right at the end of his qualifying lap the rear snaps twice qiute agressive, which might cost him some time.

18. Comante

Comante Registered

There are a lot of factors that contribute to higher front temperatures : for starter tire is wider behind, brake discs are bigger in front, braking loads the front more than acceleration load the rear, driving style in R/L is probably devoted to not make the porsche tail happy, because tail happy and slammed in the wall walk side by side. :D

pkelly and Emery like this.
  19. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

while i did say car lacks setup but it has just enough parameters to get front more loaded. I was talking more about inherent tyre wear characteristics if car is setup neutral.
    another thing would be is if that tyre data is accurate or not.
    to be frank , i think manufacturer would make front wear more "naturally" by un adjustable things like track width,tyre width etc....it do makes more sense to make car slight front tyre wear characteristics BUT at same time give setup option to tune that out as per team/driver's requirement.

20. Comante

Comante Registered

This is not a F1 that is built on the requirement of your top driver for that season, this is a commercial car, you, the driver, are supposed to adapt to the car probably more than she can adapt to you.

pkelly likes this.