Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (2018) is now available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Sep 27, 2019.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

There is basically no perfect porsche interior sound out there for any modern Porsche race car in any sim, because they're hard to record due to the loud transmission whine (which ruins running whine and engine sound independently) and other factors.
    In my opinion, the modern Porsche race cars in rF2 sound actually better from the inside at least, than the R3E ones (except the new RSR in R3E, which is sugar). It becomes very difficult, when actually getting working sound samples and the transmission has to be added...
    The Boxer Cup of AMS is also pretty nice, but not a totally "real" Porsche.

2. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

I suppose what simracers really want is the ability to use exterior sounds in cockpit views.
    Not realistic one bit but helps for that "sounds good" feeling. I have no idea why no sim offers this possibility.

3. CrimsonEminence

Uhm...what leads you to that conclusion?

4. Filip

Filip Registered

Sound of this car in rf2 is great, I love it.

EsxPaul and Balazs Magyar like this.
  5. fireballR18

fireballR18 Registered

There are many rl interior records on yt and they also vary...

6. Patrick.B

Patrick.B Registered

i know that a lot videos are different in the sound. the iRacing Cup Porsche sounds quite nice and close to it. R3E and rF2 are not realistic in my opinion

7. CrimsonEminence

I have to agree (at least from videos, because i've never driven the iRacing Cup myself), that this car sounds very good interior wise on a basic observation. It has the typical "Porsche punch" soundwise.

I think it's about the mix in frequencies of the samples, instead of the samples themselves.
    The low-end is pretty boosted in the rF2 one (and like most sims, the transmission is still too low in volume :rolleyes:) and maybe this mix of frequencies adds a slight layer "too much" to the overall perception of the engine sound.

The thing is, that you could probably get different perceptions of the actual sound of the car even in real life, depending on your earpieces, helmet and equipment in use.

The term "unrealistic" is pretty discussable in the first place, btw., because the overall interior sound experience in a racing sim is often way better than real life.

Exterior is a different story though...rF2 really needs some kind of better atmospheric reverb.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    Patrick.B likes this.
  8. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

10:30 Onwards some comments about GT3 CUP car.

marmagas likes this.
  9. Marisa

Marisa Registered

Sadly nothing about the brakes. They feel way too weak.

10. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

Put more pressure. ;)