[REL] Pays de La Loire (FRA) - The Bugatti Circuit - v1.00

Discussion in 'Locations' started by ECAR_Tracks, May 1, 2016.

1. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Guys,

First off, thank you guys that are enjoying the track and for the compliments. It's a pleasure to create something useful for other people. Thanks for all that ran stress testing, it's good to see not all of you guys are facing the same issue than I do.

Second, I *think* I found a workaround to avoid Nvidia drivers crash. I'm using EVGA Precision X16, and tested with the following set up:

• Increased Power Target to 111%
    • Increased GPU Temp Target to 80ºC (yes, the card run at this temperature almost 100% of time - EVGA says it can work at 90ºC, so let's see)
    • Edited fan curve to work faster earlier
    • 6 mV overvoltage just in case

With this profile, I successfully performed a 4 hours race tests (30 cars) without a crash.
    When reverted to default EVGA settings, 30 minutes and BOOM.. crash.

So, it appears to be a problem with firmware and / or 360+ Nvidia drivers together. With factory settings, the card is submitted to high usages and the demanded power appears to be not enough, what results in a crash. With increased power target profile, the issue seems to be fixed. I've not tested other tracks that I have problems yet, but I'll. When I'd be secure about this fix, I'll open a thread with all details.

I'm also working in 0.97 version of this track with important fixes, it will be published as soon as possible.

Sorry for the trashy English and regards.

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

So glad you got the annoying video card problem solved. These things are enough to drive one crazy and take away valuable time from the rest of our lives and hobbies!!

3. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Sounds good, Satangoss, sorry I just keep thinking of you being that nick, hope that's alright, if not, let me know.

I dearly hope this will keep you working and happy with rF2... The Full La Sarthe layout is still very, very much needed and I sincerely hope you'd be wanting to give that a go at some point - for rF2 or AC/whatever, doesn't matter as long as you'd consider conversion :)

4. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Great. I'm really looking forward to the new version. Glad you fixed the problem. Thanks for all your hard work.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

5. Pashalis Gergis

Pashalis Gergis Registered

Hey there, I have a 960 GTX and in 2 weeks I have a critical race in Lemans in 2 weeks that will determine the champion team in our class. I have 2 questions, my GPU power target goes up to 108% only and when it's set to 100% the GPU Temp Target is 80c already. So since I don't want to play with it could you recommend any settings for my card? Plus the overvoltage goes to 12 directly, not 6. Finally, what did you do with the fan curve and to what value? Thanks in advance, it would mean a lot to me if you could help with that.

6. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

Hello friend. I really hope you can get that running well. Was a shame lose you talent because of some graphic card :p

Best regards. (Obrigado e se for preciso ajuda cá estarei)

:)

7. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Thanks Nuno, I'll MP you soon.

Gergis, if you don't have 6 mV steps, let overvoltage alone at first. Most important is to increase GPU Power Target to 110% at least. Enable your On-Screen settings in EVGA Precision to see this variables:

• GPU Temp
    • GPU Usage
    • GPU Power
    • FPS, if you like.

Enable the LOG *.txt file
    Load the number of AI cars you'll have in your championship and press I (?) to let your computer drives your car, and keep your eyes in the GPU data.

Tipically, you would have a crash when GPU Usage reaches 98 - 99 - 100% and GPU Power is below 85%. At least is what I was having with my 980 GTX. You should avoid that since you increased your power target to 110 - 111%. Don't be afraid if your GPU works at 80ºC most of time, it should be OK unless you have a 24 hours race straight forward. Fan map is try and error, if the noise don't bother you, you can increase to 100% most of time.

Main point is you'll need a good PSU. Bare in mind pCars and Assetto Corsa claims 90% of GPU Power almost full-time. You should be fine if rF2 do this as well. If you have a crash send me the Log file and I'll open it in Excel to have a look.

More info:

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...atic-GPU-Usage?p=425216&viewfull=1#post425216

8. Pashalis Gergis

Pashalis Gergis Registered

Thanks a lot for the quick reply, but with a championship on the line I will probably borrow my friends R9 Fury for this race. I'll give it a go though with my NVidia card though, thanks again.

9. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

+1, and love to sound a new version of the track is on the way !!

10. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Tried that and absolutely no change. My game freezes for 3-8 s and then continues to run perfectly... freeze (stutter) for few seconds and again go smoothly. It's so bad that I can't complete 1 lap without at least one freeze/stutter. I'm going mad right now. I also tried capping my fps to 65 (was running 120-180 with everything set to max) and tried TDR solution. Nothing. It makes me so desperate :(

EDIT: I have just run a test with newest nvidia driver 368.39 and I believe this driver fixed the issue. I want to be so happy but I just don't want to get my hopes up. I did a 10 lap run without any even slightest stutter/freeze. Smooth as silk. I will try again on thursday and after that I will be able to comment more on that. But initially it seems that new driver is working. Please, please, please! Let this be true!

EDIT2: Unfortunately it only made things better not perfect. I still get stutters here and there but no where near as many as before. Used to get 6-7 per lap some of them 8 s long! Now 1-2 stutters every couple of laps 1-2 s long max. Bitter sweet improvement. Ech.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2016
  11. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Good luck, still fighting in GTE PRO like last year?

12. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues. I think there's nothing I can do so far.

In any cases, there're tracks which freezes, others don't. So, it's certainly something with track objects. I'm suspecting of Gmotor normals versus Max normals when you're modelling your track. I'm investigating that.

So, regarding to track itself, I'm sorry about this delay, but v0.98 is almost done, probably being uploaded to Steam and standalone version tomorrow.

13. emha76

emha76 Registered

Thanks for the update.

14. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

This might be usefull for the Le Mans layout and Le Mans karting track... It should be possible to get this as rough reference in 3ds max...

15. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Yeap, there's 1 m resolution in some zones.

16. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2016
  17. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

18. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Thanks Nitro.

19. Magus

Magus Registered

Thank you!

20. sg333