[REL] Pays de La Loire (FRA) - The Bugatti Circuit - v1.00

Discussion in 'Locations' started by ECAR_Tracks, May 1, 2016.

1. Pedro Delgado2

Pedro Delgado2 Registered

ECAR... Que pista! Que trabalho!! Parabéns cara, continue assim pelo bem da comunidade rfactoriana :D AHUAHUAHUAUH

Abraço

2. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Valeu Pedrão! Lol

Chris Lesperance -> I wrote to Yetisaj before to start my work but I never received any reply, so I decided go for myself.
    Marc Collins -> Yeah, the kartodrome is very feasible, I have the topographical data :)
    ApainPlost -> Thanks for the kind words but I'm miles behind feels3 level of quality. But I'll get there.
    MadKing -> Yes, this site was my reference from the very beginning, it's even inserted in my first post since day one.

Update: I'm removing the excessive bumping surface of T1 right now and adding people in track surroundings to improve immersion.

Regards

3. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

Already a fantastic track, and still improving. Thanks for all your hard work on this. :cool:

4. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Thank you for this track. Can't wait until v1.0.
    One suggestion is for additional lighting on the pit bays. Only a small thing but would add to the immersion.
    Otherwise, a fantastic track. :cool:

5. Alexandre Sene

Alexandre Sene Registered

Show!! parabéns cabeção!!
    good stuff dude!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2017
  6. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Yes the track is already fantastic. I just have to get used to the different track layout of the vlm version. The first two times I tried this version the car got damaged horribly xD

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

7. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

I'm sorry to say that I'm shutting down this project and other 2 tracks at prep for rFactor2 due technical issues from NVIDIA versus rFactor2. I've read several similar issues in this forum and, as I'm not a newbie at hardware and software setting up, I'm very sure there's nothing wrong in my end.

I tried everything... some tracks (including this one) crashes in 970, 980 and 1080 GTX (just tested today), irrespective to mainboard, HD or OS type (W8, W8.1 and W10 - same result). All variables were excluded. I can run AC or pCars for hours without a crash. rF2 doesn't take more than 30 minutes to crash in 3 different systems.

As there is absolutely no response from ISI in this regard (lots of Nvidia users confirming this issue across the Forums), that's it for now. Time to migrate to other platform.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2016
  8. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Sorry to hear you're having these issues, but we need to be able to reproduce this. It's tricky when not all users are getting the same issue. That said we do take all bug reports seriously, and when we don't answer it doesn't mean you're not being listened to, we just need to gather more information.

9. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

I think this problem is much larger than ISI realizes. One good example is this topic: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/27513-Wish-I-had-never-made-the-switch-to-Steam . rer8 states that he wishes that he never made the switch to Steam but if you click that four colored icon below hes name you find out that he has Nvidia GTX 770 graphics card. Topic from rer8 is not the only one which can be related to Nvidia cards there are many of them.
    rFactor2 is fine game with huge potential and it is same to see that many people who are using Nvidia cards are struggling with all kind of issues. NVidia profile (rFactor2 Mod Mode.exe, rFactor2.exe) is created 2011-09-22 and it soon going to have fifth anniversary and it is badly outdated. Maybe new game profile can solve some of the issues and give better game experience to waist majority of Nvidia owners?

:)

10. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Christopher, I understand that you are all very busy at ISI. However, it should be noted that many of us also work for a company apart of enjoying racing with rF2. In every company it is critical to care about customers, especially about those who apart of having bought the game are also giving added value to your product. This is:
    - content modders
    - plugin and other utility developers
    - the very helpful people around the forums
    - people reporting bugs
    - people suggesting features in the wish list section

You have a business model where all these people play a relevant role in the success of your platform. Many gaps in it are covered by them.

You need to better care for this people if you don't want to see more posts like the one you replied to. You need to also provide some type of feedback to these people so that they know they are being taken care of.

There should be an official list of recognised bugs and another list of planned features/changes to come. They would provide in certain way the required feedback to bug report and wish list section.

They would also help ISI avoiding ridiculous situations like reported and apparently easy to solve bugs or easy to implement features that have been unattended for years.

Special customers like to feel special and have a differential treat wrt a newcomer that hasn't done anything to support the game. All the people in your company should be involved in this task as long as it affects their job.

Devs should attend plugins and utility developers so that they don't develop faulty applications to ask about when somebody reports a crash.
    Track people should attend track modders and prepare proper documentation .
    Car people should attend track modders and prepare proper documentation.

Sometimes prople are so busy that they cannot see that the community plays an essential role and that more time needs to be dedicated to it in order to maximize the development of the platform.

This is my advice. Do as you please with it.

Enviado desde mi ONE A2001 mediante Tapatalk

11. Magus

Magus Registered

This is a shame as it's a wonderful track you guys have created. However, I empathise as my rf2 time has significantly shifted over to AC ONLY because of Sli issues with rf2. It's a shame as I loved this game but unfortunately it is just not enjoyable any more due to graphical and frame rate issues but I imagine game crashes would push me over the edge too. Well done for what you guys have achieved thus far & I hope things get sorted out in the near future and you find your way back here as I hope to do.

12. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

I'm speechless with this post!

Congrats, you said something crucial, in a way that nobody should take it to the wrong side but, more important, something tells me that now, someone is listening in the other side now... Or at least trying, after so many years...

Hoping for more good news ;)

13. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

I do agree that Christopher is doing a sensational job and is very committed within the forum. It is highly appreciated.

Enviado desde mi ONE A2001 mediante Tapatalk

14. Pedro Delgado2

Pedro Delgado2 Registered

+1

15. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Thanks for your reply Elliott, I recognize it's not easy to reproduce all users' issues since it demands a large team testing with several hardware combinations. But as said above, this issue with 9** (and now, it seems to be the same to 1080) GTX series is well known.

It's worth to mention I had not all of those issues when I was using a 770 GTX or 780 ti either. The nightmare commenced when I jump to 970 GTX, 980 and now 1080 GTX (to be confirmed - 970 and 980 is absolutely confirmed - they do not work well with rFactor 2 in my end)

I know this thread is supposed to be the Bugatti Circuit discussion, so maybe we should discuss technical data elsewhere. All in all, there's no point to create content to any software if I can't take advantage of it. I'm felling a bit stupid when I'm unable to use my own content - lol

I'll elaborate a report with all relevant data when it crashes and make it available.

Regards

16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

This must be incredibly frustrating. But is there a suggestion that rF2 will not run with NVIDIA 970, 980 and 1080? Surely there are many people with 970 and 980 running it with no problems for quite a long time? I agree that any problems that are reproduceable need to be addressed, but I am betting there are multifaceted issues at play here. But let's hope ISI replies with what they know. It would be a crying shame to lose ANOTHER highly skilled track modder from rF2 over something this ridiculous.

17. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Well I have a 970 Stock OC myself, and many testers have 900 series cards. When there's a time slot, I try to get in some testing in of third party tracks/cars to make sure there's no new issues popping up, and interestingly we ran this track last week at a test session, and there were no issues with GPU crashes. Everyone really enjoyed it btw, so nice work on this ECAR :) What we need is to find the root cause, and if the test team can't reproduce it, that makes it much trickier. The added feedback on here is really helpful though, thanks for that.

18. lolek

lolek Registered

Ecar, you have done a superb job, so far. Please don’t leave us . Maybe it would be helpful in this case, if the testing team is not able to reproduce the problem, to do the memory dump of the rfactor2 process when it crashed. With this data developer maybe able to found the root cause. I may help you to generate the memory dump, it is not difficult. More difficult is to analyze the output. What do you thing Christopher?

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I've recently purchased a 970 (no crashes so far) but not tried this track, I'll download it later and report back.

20. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Same here, On our side many user on Windows 10 have issues because they let Windows auto update the nVidia drivers, our Windows 10 pilots go back to the last Windows 8.1 drivers and disable the auto update for the nvidia drivers.

I'm on Windows 7 and I'll back old driver version 362 because I got performances issues with the latest ones.

What is your problems Ecar_tracks?
    We need you to continnue the huge good work on your tracks for rF2 !! So we have to found a solution.
    I agree there is some "bugs" that need to be fixed, but first step is to reproduce them on dev side, and then they can fix it.