[OT] Anyone believe that pCars will become a real sim racing game when its released?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Jerry Luis, Nov 11, 2013.

1. C3PO

C3PO Registered

I think the key is the FFB and how it communicates with the physics engine. That does need to be properly nailed. All the raw data from telemetry is v encouraging.

2. HumanZob

HumanZob Registered

I agree that data from telemetry are encouraging and that the FFB is not good but the physics are not good too, that's a fact.

Braking points and how the car speed decreasing are random.
    The handle of the car when you start going ito a corner is random, it is very hard to get the very right line you want because from lap to lap you need to change a bit the inputs you give to the wheel.
    The handle of the car when you are in the corner and when suspensions, wings and tyres works a lot is random: As the entry, you need to correct the input all around the corner if you want to take your perfect line.
    When you are exinting from a corner, the grip is random again. Maybe you will loose the rear or have massive understeer randomly.

And i don't speek about other things like tyre, engine, fuel management for exemple.

SMS communicate a lot to say nothing except "It will come later" or "It will fix". ISI is pretty much silent, but they are doing a very effective work I think.

3. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Anyone complaining about AC should really focus on input lag before judging. It is a VERY simple fix. Turn on the framerate display gadget, determine what your minimum framerate is and then go into the display settings and enable the framerate limiter and set it to be a few frames below your minimum rate.

After that the sim should feel way more predictable and connected feeling. Still very pushy and way too forgiving, but at least it doesn't feel like it's driving for you anymore. The disconnected/auto pilot/unpredictability and the on/off slides comes from the large frame buffer the sim has when you don't enable the framerate cap. People that can only run 60fps or so end up with 133ms of lag which is WAY too much.

This is a known problem, there is a reason why they added a framerate cap to the GUI. Use it!