Oh boy was i wrong about this....!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by msportdan, Feb 18, 2015.

1. msportdan

msportdan Banned

Well I wont lie ive vented my frustrations out on here one to many times and my last got me banned. Which in a good way maybe helped. Since uninstalling RF2 and vowing to not touch again, (reminiscent of a spoilt kid lol) I went to other sims. Game stock , Raceroom and AC to be precise. After finding that GSC was the best of the rest I ventured into that and in all honesty loved it. What reiza have done with the old engine is awesome, its truly a great game. So there I was happy in my sim world and thinking I was happy with my sim of choice.

then I saw the new rf2 build. I wont lie what tempted me was the new UI, and on the way I saw the new tyre model. So I thought ill give it a shot.

oh my.,.

rf2 has imo changed a lot since I last played. The tyre physics I thought before were just the same as GSC, now its a whole different ball game! The flat spotting the new temps the wear, boy I love it. Playing GSC and rf2 back to back at interlagos with the F1 cars is really apparent in the physics, also the AI. Wont lie in GSC its like a destruction derby with f1 cars (fixed with lowering aggression mind you), the AI in rf see more refined and wary. Rf2 has come such a long way and im impressed. Great job im sorry I doubted you guys. Obviouslly not taking away from the amazing work reiza have done, but you can clearly see the new engine showing its advancements in tech.

So yeah sorry ISI... lol as you were.

Dan

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2015
  2. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Pavlov would love internet access and forum logins

3. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Pavlov certainly does, better than observe animals behavior.

I second the OP, I'm the same boat. Now it's the best simulator, despite graphics not be that state of art.

The deal is, other simulators are incomplete and suffer from lack of features. The only one that has all rF2 features is pCars, but it's not a true simulator.

rF2 has all features needed. Although they're not in the perfect state, it seems that's not demanding too much effort to put them on the rails. I have a 3 hours offline race yesterday that was being very exciting, strategy variations, unpredictable weather, good battles etc. I'm not very much into Multiplayer but I guess it's perfect for it right now. Maybe a longer way to master offline races yet but we'll get there.

4. msportdan

msportdan Banned

is it possible to get more brake, engine vibration and gear shift effect in the ffb. So when I change gear I get a slight jolt. when under heavy braking a slight vibration and when pressing throttle a slight vibration?

Cheers

5. peterchen

peterchen Registered

How many years you went off????

6. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I don't think rF2 has any of those so called 'canned' effects.

7. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

"The Good Son always back home" :D

8. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

What for? For you to know that you pressed brake pedal and then throttle? I think that you don't need ffb telling you what your feet are doing.

9. atlantakat

atlantakat Registered

Yes, if you have Sim Vibe and bass transducers mounted in the correct spots.

10. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2015
  11. Je suis Luis

Je suis Luis Banned

IsnĀ“t everything in a simulation software "canned effects" (on ffb i mean)?

12. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

The canned in this aspect is a misinterpreted manner of saying it isn't calculated in real time.

13. coops

coops Banned

So in future instead of getting angry and venting that bad to get banned take a break for a couple of builds. Seems to have worked. LOL

14. msportdan

msportdan Banned

i couldnt put down the f1 car last nite at interlagos. I like the flatspotting now really gives that level of caution for your tyres. Altough i still hear people moaning about that.

So i should just forget about trying to achieve these effects?

15. MerlinC

MerlinC Registered

If you own a fanatec wheel and use Fanaleds in addition that should work - at least there are some checkboxes which are indicating that. Because I was never interested in having that type of FFB on my wheel I did not test them and therefore I'm not sure whether and how good they work.

16. msportdan

msportdan Banned

i have a t300 gte, and the FFB is really good and smooth. i suppose noone has really sought after these effects.

17. msportdan

msportdan Banned

okay I tried some tintops just now ex; 370,gtr clio.. and im not getting the same feeling through the ffb/tyre feel I was with the f1 car. I know its a different car, but the ffb in the saloons seem flat I dunno just not as alive as I was experiencing in the single seaters. Just felt really notchy ....like I had a bucket of bolts in my wheel rattling about?!

Is anyone finding this?

18. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

In a word, no.

19. bwana

bwana Registered

Now you've realized that that other SIM is well not a sim try the Celica GTO or new version of apex GT3,For lively tintops

20. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

+1 gazillion (not only those effects, but - like in ISI's pre-RF2 based engines - the ability to edit FFB drop-off harshness, drop-off point, drop-off rate, etc. etc. based on slip-angles and such).