Oh boy was i wrong about this....!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by msportdan, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

I won't claim that this is the best setup there is; it probably isn't, but for me it just made the handling more like *I* was used to in real life. But having said that, in real life I usually had a bit different setup then most around me as well :) (not slower, not quicker, just that the handling felt different :p )

Also, one small note (As I just told Satangoss in a PM as well). Indoor (rental) karting isn't quite the same as Outdoor karting with racing karts. The inputs are a bit different. I've done both, and have been quick in both, but my driving style was completely different. With rental karts you are in generall WAY more aggressive; harder on the brake, and also more aggressive on the steering. With racing karts you are usually smoother; easier on the brakes, more gentle with the steering. Part of the difference is off course the type of track: Indoor you usually have only short straights, and tight corners. This ensures you can gain the most times in the corners. Outdoor you usually have longer straights (track dependant off course), and more open corners, and most tracks I have been to didn't have to much corner combinations (so often long straight, single corner, long straight). On tracks like that you can gain more time by trying to go easier/slower into the corner, and maximise exit speed. Also, the speeds itself outdoor are WAY higher, so the braking distance is longer as well. Indoor I usually brake right before turn-in, and then just after turn-in, I release the brake, and hit the throttle (so steering and braking is done the same time a lot). Outdoor you brake a long distance before the corner (depending on corner off course), and then right after turn-in you try to hit the throttle again.

So, long story short, it is hard to compare the two ;) especially if you have real life Rental kart experience, and try to compare it with Simulated Racing Karting..... It shouldn't be compared to strictly IMO!!!

2. msportdan

msportdan Banned

thanks spinelli for the analysis of me.

But can someone tell me what ISI cars that have the most up to date physics in rf2?.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2015
  3. Emery

Emery Registered

Try them all and decide for yourself. There's a lot of subjectivity in your question!

4. msportdan

msportdan Banned

okay would it be best to try every car updated after build 880?

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

All the cars are exceptionally well made, so it kinda depends what you're into. Open wheel, GT, historics, road cars. My suggestion is to choose a car that appeals to you, spend maybe a week with it, getting to know it, try it out on various tracks etc.

6. Je suis Luis

Je suis Luis Banned

I´m not playing these days but i could bet on Brabham 1.6 since is the only one (i think) that was updated after the latest build. So i´m assuming that is the one using all tires and physics updates from the last build

7. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I've written this before but you should find the section of the site that lists all releases to date. I am sure even what made into the BT20s isn't the latest or isn't complete. But maybe anywhere from the release of the Honda NSX until now should be ok. Formula ISI and others certainly have quite old tech (though you can't help but feel that, except for tire damage/wear rates, they nailed them F1 tires).

8. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I'm wondering what features the new f1 will have, DRS + KERS is a must

ISI do phoniminal sim cars & set the benchmark for ffb quality

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...ful-Comparison?p=222798&viewfull=1#post222798

Is rF2 better looking now .........Yes

Does AC look any better then 2013 ......... No

Didn't need no crystal ball or sarcasm. lool :p

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2015
  10. msportdan

msportdan Banned

okay so i drove the nsx for a bit, and its a fine drive. but what exactly am i supposed to be feeling different in this compared to GSC. apart from the obvious flatspotting and RR.

The car through my wheel feels the same thing.?! Only thing in GSC i get far more tarmac feedback.

11. yusupov

yusupov Registered

idk how its possible to get better tarmac feedback than in rf2...but if you are, thats great, as long as its not feeling dead in rf2 bc it shouldnt. make sure smoothing isnt turned up/on & youre not clipping...

but its the same car by the same people. it should feel about the same.

12. msportdan

msportdan Banned

i have smoothing set to 0,as i have a belt driven wheel. I just get more "feel" through GSC.... i do like the flastspotting ffb though.

13. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Well done on contradicting yourself :p

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

15. speed1

speed1 Banned

If you are really intrested and or looking for help to understand this software, you should use the search option and look for ffb talk.

You may like to read the Akkuforce Wheel thread where we talked a lot about. May it gives you an idea about, and i can understand that it is hard to find the right info, especially after ~ 2 years of progress. There are lot's of thing's still beeing on the building side and i would not expect something ready or final until it isn't called as final.

Look at the content page and see the version numbers of the cars and tracks, and you will understand what am i talking about, because you wan't find something called as the final version, as isn't the tec of the rf2 software as well.

Meanwhile try to do some research and enjoy if you can. ;)

16. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Is GSC the benchmark or something? I always thought a real car was the benchmark. Why bother with any sim other then GSC if it's your benchmark? I'm loosing brain cells in this thread.

17. msportdan

msportdan Banned

im not saying GSC is the benchmark i know it isnt. RF2 is well ahead of other sims in regards to actually what a sim can replicate.

However i find the GSC physcis and handling to be more a authentic experience. Is there any ffb settings i could adjust maybe in the ini.?

18. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

In Stock Car, what level of FFB do you run ingame? Low, medium, high, or full? I run 80-90% in game on medium because the higher you go the more added effects to the wheel that aren't supposed to be felt through the wheel. Low I believe is supposed to be the setting you'd run to replicate the wheel.
    If you are indeed running higher levels of FFB, then in rF2 I recommend you turn the FFB multiplier up in the cars you drive or give it a bit of damping to your steering wheel itself.

19. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

FFB doesn't change physics and handling. Is your issue with FFB or with the vehicle dynamics?

If the issue is regarding FFB then I can see your point. Because RF2 doesn't allow for the tuning that RF1 (hence GSCE) does, it isn't really flexible in-terms of making your wheel react how you want it to based on what the car is doing. I love in RF1 the way I can tune how the front grip drop-off and re-grip get's communicated to me. The amount it drops-off, how quickly it drops-off, how early or late the drop-off begins, etc. RF2 does it a much more realistic way (much more pure physics based) but because it's set from the physics, you can't really adjust anything like for eg. the front slip/re-grip examples I mentioned above.

In-terms of vehicle dynamics? RF2, no doubt. I can tell right away when I'm driving GSCE because the physics engine is RF1. The way the car's behave in certain situations, the way the tyres slip and/or re-grip, etc. the RF1 physics limitations/oddities always eventually come through even in the most amazing cars (eg. GSCE). It's even more apparent when pushing hard on the limit especially with stiffer, higher-grip cars, you really run into an RF1 physics-engine-wall sooner or later with regards to vehicle behavior.

20. msportdan

msportdan Banned

maybe you've hit the nail on the head. :)

but........

I don't see these limitations actually happen in front of me, yes I see flatspotting and maybe a better tyre wear model. But I push a car in gsc and it acts like it does in Rf2. These limitations/oddities what are these you talk of? I personally don't like the way the tyres grip and slip in RF2, it feels to mechanical and not natural especially noticeable in the clio. Maybe they have further work here?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2015