Next Update.....?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nand Gate, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

2. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

[​IMG]

....update update update update update..........

3. Baboulinet

Baboulinet Registered

In french: "maintenant on est plus à un mois près" xD

4. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

5. Tosch

Tosch Registered

LOL. That's a nice idea. Need more of this.:D

@ISI
    Take care of the heallth of your customers. :cool:

6. FONismo

FONismo Registered

LOL....When the site was down so long earlier, i honestly thought this is it! Signed in and basically did what you did...haha

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Please don't be too offensive towards ANY product. If you want to discuss, fine, but just making statements in an offensive manner (even if you intended it to be amusing) doesn't help anybody.

We haven't said that. Different things done by different people. We've said we changed focus, at no time was "stopped".

I've never understood that either. As my reply in this post says, we are fine with discussions, but saying blanket statements (usually offensively worded) is unacceptable even if it's not about our products. I've had to ban someone over and over again for giving feedback offensively. It took him a long time to understand the difference I think.

The fact is, any racing title made by any developer helps you, and help ISI. If someone buys pCARS and that is their first ever racing game, there is a very good chance that eventually they will try others. Developers don't fight, because they realize how mutually beneficial their products are, the community are the ones fighting.

Tada!

Have we given you some expectation you were going to be receiving all of our business plans? I don't think so. You sound completely paranoid. I think I understand that your reaction is coming from the fact that you want rF2 to succeed, right? If so, maybe it'll help to tell you that ISI are wanting the same thing. Or maybe that won't help, because it's all doom and gloom...

I have to admit finding that amusing.

Yes, but not only this. There's something customers can do, too. You need a good PC. If you want a modern looking simulator from rF2 when the guys have fiddled with the graphics more, you will need a modern PC. Coming out with a minimum-spec PC, or even around the recommended, isn't the best you can use.

The best you can use, is the best available, and the best available, means rF2 looks the best it can. It's the same with any scalable software. I've had some frustrations lately with complaints of this sort, only to find out they're using a single core system, etc. It's just common sense.

Thanks for backing me up. :D

Actually as I said above, your issues on our stance are based on your needs, not ours. We haven't actually stated a policy on how much information you will or should get.

Actually I did not say that at any time. What I may have said, is what I will say again now: When there is information you can be given, it will be given.

Be careful, you may delete a partition. :)

--

So guys, as you really should know: We're working on an update. I'm surprised I have to point that out. ;)

Some of the things we are working on take a long time. There really is no set date for when updates come, they come when they come. Certain things also require a lot more testing than others, and other things which are introduced, force changes in other areas. It takes time to develop software, this is why there are so few software developers making complex racing simulations, and the ones who are, rarely start from scratch and often license and/or buy an existing engine. It is HARD WORK and the guys are WORKING HARD.

As for me, I've been busy, that's what I've not been here (and why my PMs are off for the timebeing). I thank you for your patience. Once I am told to come here and post something, I will do, until then please be aware that support is always there available via the header link, that the developers never stop working on rFactor2 (we turn down a lot of paid work), and that the success of rFactor2 is our goal (surprised I have to point that out, too). :)

8. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Nice to hear you Tim.In Italy we used to say "the patience is a rare vertu' "!

9. Brian Clancy

Brian Clancy Registered

Thanks Tim! :D

The more patient (read older) understand what you have said before you said it lol. I know it can be frustrating waiting for the next update, but do you want a rushed update or a quality one? rF2 isnt going to happen overnight, adjusting one area can and often will upset another, so a graphical improvement say HDR may cause an issue in another graphics area etc.... I design, develop and build hardware and its pretty much the same for us too :)

10. Spyder

Spyder Registered

"Yes, but not only this. There's something customers can do, too. You need a good PC. If you want a modern looking simulator from rF2 when the guys have fiddled with the graphics more, you will need a modern PC. Coming out with a minimum-spec PC, or even around the recommended, isn't the best you can use"

Tim, please don't start tarting up RF2s graphics without optimising what we currently have first! I think I have a modern PC now and the performance in RF2 at the moment is awful in comparison to other games I play, can't imagine how much my 680s will struggle when you start adding the gloss!!

11. 88mphTim

For context, I suggest reading (and quoting) the second paragraph. Specifically: "I've had some frustrations lately with complaints of this sort, only to find out they're using a single core system, etc. It's just common sense."

12. Tuttle

Hi Tim. Thanks for reply.

Can I ask you if we can have the full rTrainer PSD template? Could be very usefull to test lighting into devmode. At this time the rTrainer looks pretty opaque and the red is the worse color for this kind of test.

Thanks in advance.

13. Spyder

Spyder Registered

There's a crossed wire here I think... I understand that it must be frustrating to get contacted by users who are struggling to max settings and fps with their Acorn Electrons but, I would imagine its even more frustrating to here that users with high-end rigs get poor performance too...??

I know that we're still in beta so optimisations of the graphics engines will come, my point was I think it'd be better polishing what you have before adding all the shiny bells and whistles that will satiate the pCars worshippers! I actually think RF2 as it is looks awesome with all the settings maxed its just that I can't achieve playable frame rates with these settings, and maybe I'm wrong but I would think my system should be able to handle that...

14. FONismo

FONismo Registered

How did you enable the grey skippy Tuttle?

15. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Then he would bang his head for a different reason, but bang his head all the same.

Not to all of us. But some people do get paranoid if they're not constantly reassured the same thing over and over again :)

Give them a day and they will start talking about next update. Give them two, they will start talking about vaporware. Give them three and they will start talking about meteorites and alien abductions.

Finally give them an update and it will only restart the cycle - they'll go back to meteorite talk soon enough ;)

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2012
  16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Tim, did you pass on the "Keep community updated" idea a few threads ago? basically like Scott does with the tracks but a more overview look at the Sim....obviously not giving everything away....obviously not going into great detail etc. But a simple 3 to 4 paragraph post every 2-3 weeks as the time between updates it can get abit "whats going on like!?" round here and lets face it, 3 to 4 paragraphs keeping us informed is'nt asking for much and it would'nt take someone 5minutes out of their precious RF2 Working time would it :p

17. Tuttle

You need the Nvidia DDS plugin for PS 32bit...then open the .DDS texture of the car; use the color replacement in PS to pick the red and change all you want (Hue, Sat, Light).

This is a easy method but not so good when you want create a fine livery touch .

EDIT: of course you have to re-export the .dds inside the same folder (backup the original before...) and save in DXT3/8bitpp alpha.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2012
  18. Cleverleyson

Cleverleyson Registered

will there be cheese?

19. 88mphTim

I just don't think those guys have the time to make it happen, I mean, there's an update to get together, there's a dev version to keep putting things into... It's really non-stop. *I* could write one, but I'm not sure how good it would be as I license something just about every week that isn't going to be built for maybe a year, and that I can't announce this early. So as frustrating as it might be, we probably have to stay as we are, it's just not worth them taking the time. Scott does it in his own time I believe.

20. 88mphTim

Indeed, but that's a different issue.

It's like saying there's two cars with bad engines, one without wheels, one with. Which engine are you going to fix?

Of course, you're going to fix the one with wheels, there's no point touching the other one if it can't run. That's why the WHOLE of my post was made, not just the first paragraph. :)

There's a lot of people with no wheels in their PC. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.