Next Update.....?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nand Gate, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

The rTrainer isn't finished (or officially released) and may change in body shape and template before that happens.

2. Spyder

Spyder Registered

Thanks Tim, I can sleep easy tonight now ;)

3. Paulinho

Paulinho Registered

I would like to say that although I don't consider my P.C "that" modern, at the time and when I built it I used the best stuff around. Subsequently I can play rFactor2 really well, and really enjoy doing so. I am actively planing my "new" P.C build at this very moment, and can't wait to try out how rFactor2 plays on that system.

As for the course of rFactor2's development, well again I'm really happy with everything that has been put my way, and I enjoy being a part of the program. For me I've been involved with sim software alpha/beta testing for rather along time (still am), and patience it's learnable skill :)

4. 88mphTim

To go further... It's just about need versus want.

What we need is to develop and test. We don't need to say what's being developer or what will be tested next, we just don't. There's no benefit to us, and there's no long term benefit for you.

It will make sense, when the pressure is off (when the beta is over, or ending), to have some serious communication. At that point, it will be beneficial for all parties because it is effective marketing and it's an effective way for you to shape the future. Because at this point we're still doing everything WE planned to do, and while there's an eye on the wish lists, etc, we still have a place to get to before some of the things we consider non-essential get a look in. You've got to build foundation up.

5. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Are those Meganes finished? :D

BTW..thanks.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I understand you're busy (and I guess we'll have to agree to disagree) but lets face it....it takes a few mins for Gjon/whoever to say "hey this is where we are at, we've improved optimisation a bit, the RealRoad Tech is coming along nicely and will be improved upon in the next update, HDR is looking better, further physics improvements are going slowly but are on going, the AI has'nt been touched this coming update but will be in the future.....blah blah blah"....just once every 2 to 3 weeks surely is not that hard....afterall it only takes a few mins to make a cuppa coffee...

7. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

+1

8. mrbblack

mrbblack Banned

9. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

what a small monitor. Not suitable for any serious work ;)

10. RafBR

RafBR Registered

Absolutely! ISI please be kind and show us anything. It can't be so hard. Is there much going on?

11. 88mphTim

I'm not actually sure on that one. You should notice a marked improvement in model quality for the next new car onwards, whether any changes will be made to older ones I am not sure.

12. 88mphTim

Yes there is, and that's what makes it harder. :) It will be easier in the future to do it, just not at this stage.

13. Axeslayer

Axeslayer Registered

Updates are like earthquakes , the longer you have to wait the bigger they are :D or maybe the chimney just falls thought the roof :eek:

14. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

I hope new models will come with new shaders and materials (sooner or later) :)

15. Bart S

Bart S Member

I hope triple screen multiview and HDR are fixed this update, some more content and features like rain and wipers, some new cars and track. Maybe some graphical shader enhancements and physics, my cars feel different from day to day with same setups.

Will the update be this week? Nobody knows. Was todays backup in preparation for the new update?

16. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I think we all hope in improvements. Problem I can see, that any one expects changes in another area. That's why it's impossible to satisfy all of us ;)
    I'm really excited about what changes which will come with incoming version.

17. RafBR

RafBR Registered

Humm sounds good. Both the earlier and later parts of what you said.
    Before when I made my previous post I almost lost my mind and went unkind with ISI. I am very glad I did not.:p
    Everybody knows, this anxiety is for wanting so much rFactor 2. To me, as far as I know, the only team working so hard to make the believable sim is ISI.
    To finish this reply, I say to you STAFF: SHOCK US ONCE AGAIN BEFORE THE GAME FINAL RELEASE!
    Regards and thank you Tim.

18. RafBR

RafBR Registered

You got a point there. But if the staff do not loose the focus, even if exactly what you want doesnt come, it will be worth.
    I wish I learn programming only to help these guys with something lol.

19. dragon

dragon Registered

still nothing? :(

20. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Obviously, if there is something, ISI will let us know :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.