Released NEW! GT3 Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Comante

Comante Registered

I guess people complaining with pack price never played MECHWARRIOR ONLINE,there, EACH mech con cost 15$, and there are hundreds... there are people that spent thousands in mechs. And we are talking a simple game of blam blam kaboom! :D

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  2. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Everyone does as he pleases.
    I do as I like.

We still have the right to give our opinion, right? ;)

On the other hand I doubt HIGHLY ABS and TC are WELL SIMULATED .......... (now)

3. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

I understand, partially, the criticism of the development, but what seems to be forgotten is the fact that all, really all, simulations are incomplete. it is only about personal preferences, graphics are important to you - play PC1 or PC2, you have a lot of content important - play AC, multiplayer with Liga etc. is important to you - play Iracing, is driving feeling and reality important - plax rfactor. But do not cry when you not have everything ... Before I get misunderstood, I also waited longingly for rain, but driving is more important to me .....

bwana, vegaguy5555, vittorio and 3 others like this.
  4. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

Your timing is rather unfortunate though, Rf2 is going through it's fastest development cycle ever.
    Your last sentence is a product of frustration more than reason.
    You don't have to wait for anything, RF2 is to be enjoyed as is with a future option for it becoming even better and to continue closing the gap to simulating real-life racing as much as is possible.
    It will not cater to everyone's needs though and if your needs are best served elsewhere I don't see why you waited this long.

5. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Wise words.

bluet, Paco572 and vegaguy5555 like this.
  6. jondolar

jondolar Registered

with the sensations that give me each of the cars of the pack gt3 I do not care so much the graphics theme, pc2 has very good graphics but .... so that you want great graphics if after the steering wheel does not transmit, I am enjoying as a child every minute I dedicate to this new gt3 package. Waiting with much desire the rain theme and improve the section online to be able to run more easily against other people, being able to create an online match easily would be the most .......

Paco572 and vegaguy5555 like this.
  7. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I think, the only reason why there aren't any additional skins right now for some of the cars is that they are waiting for approval, atleast according to Dom. Even for skins you have to take care of licensing wich is the reason that we only have one real DW12 skin and the rest is fictional. It is a bit wierd for a first release when you want to sell a pack, but from my perspective it doesn't lower the overall quality. Drove the Radical at Matsusaka in DX11 yesterday and it really takes you there. It looks great, it sounds great and it feels great. The other stuff is nitpicking and complaining on a really high level. I never bought a DLC that worked flawless for any game, no matter wich area needed tweaking.

People who say that they are used to other quality standards, have invented some quality standards that don't exist.

8. green serpent

green serpent Registered

Just gave all the cars a quick spin! (apart from the Mclaren which I've driven already).

The radical is amazing and to me it feels like a car 'should' feel - when I turn the wheel the car turns! It feels very stable and very controllable, but when you get sloppy it punishes you harshly... I can see myself driving this car a lot! Unfortunately I'm getting a graphical glitch in cockpit view where black objects are jutting out of the windscreen, obviously quite the immersion killer (plus I can't see where I'm going!).

The Merc generally feels amazing, BUT... I really feel the default caster needs to be increased. It feels as if it's got about 5° caster or so, and it's giving the FFB less self aligning force, especially while scrubbing/understeering. This makes it feel a bit unstable.

Same with the Bentley. If you dial in too much steering lock (which is a VERY easy mistake to make when the caster is low because there's less SAT), the car will go from understeer to snap oversteer in a split second. No doubt IRL this would probably happen, but in the game it feels as if something is broken (I assume even more so for new users).

The Callaway feels a bit dull and easy to drive... but I think it will come alive when pushed hard.

I was thinking... rF2 has got some pretty big names now - Mclaren, Bentley, Mercedes... Honda, Nissan, Chevrolet - If they made a car pack with some modern super cars/sports cars (and those manufactures have some insanely good ones), I would be happy to throw more money at S397. I will keep wishing!

9. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Yes, unfortunately Supercars are missing in RF2. I hope there will have italian supercars (ferrari, lambo, pagani...). American supercars don't make me dream with their V8 (enough)

10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Posting here as it'll get lost in Discord.
    All cars need rpm leds adjustments. The AMG for example after 2nd gear will stay with all leds ON and only the red ones will go on/off. Tbh this is something pretty annoying present in many cars. But since these have fixed gears you'd expect it to be right
    In real life that's not how they work

Most cars IRL will have all lights going off when you upshift. In the AMG case it turns red and if push more some leds go off, changing the "form" of it.

11. Javi288

Javi288 Registered

New update from Steam (55.8 MB), a minutes ago. Tuesday I updated the new beta and downloaded the DLC cars.

Does anyone know what this is about?

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

13. Javi288

Javi288 Registered

Thanks MarcG!

14. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

I'm making a custom skin for the radical GT3, but.....:

does anyone know how to get rid of the 'gt open' window banner? In the template I changed it to something else, but as soon as you hit the track the 'gt open' logo is back.

In the templates folder there is a different template for the sunstrip, tried that one, but either got the naming wrong, or it doesn't work either. I added the following to the skin name, and they do show up as loose skin (so they are loaded properly by the game), but on track still the 'gt open' banner. I tried:
    WINDOW
    _WINDOW
    SUNSTRIP
    _SUNSTRIP
    EXTRA0
    _EXTRA0
    EXTRA1
    _EXTRA1
    EXTRA2
    _EXTRA2
    EXTRA3
    _EXTRA3
    EXTRA4
    _EXTRA4

but like I mentioned, didn't get it working so far. Interesting thing though, in the spinner it does show the banner that I added in the main template (so not the sunstrip template, but the proper one, with the rest of the car), but on track the 'GT Open' banner is back :(

GrimDad likes this.
  15. Carlos Popo

Carlos Popo Registered

não gostei dessa caixa de marcha bloqueada, sempre um carro ira levar vantagem nesse quesito odiei o mod

16. Paco572

Paco572 Registered

I think there is a problem with the widows??? I've compared it to my Mclaren, Seems FOGGY?

PACO

17. bluet

bluet Registered

the gt3 are great ..love the radical..but the gearing seems incorrect .ie bathurst going down conrod straight by the time you get to the kink you are still in 5th gear at about 282 kmh no chance to use 6th gear ...i think the gear box ratios are to tall or you need to alter the diff ratios but alas you cannot ... apart from that ..love the radical best car in the pack for me..

18. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Not sure about this mod. But most use this for the windshield
    windshieldout
    windshieldin
    And this for the windows
    windowsout
    windowsin

GrimDad likes this.
  19. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Hopefully, next update will have a complete definition of a default driver with all the library textures being used by a car.
    For the moment and official answer to your question by @Domino Duhan should be fine.

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I've also noticed the long gearing but I can make 6th before the link, not tried Le Mans yet (variant of that is) so maybe they're setup with that track in mind perhaps.

Amanda Santini likes this.