Marussia MR01 GP Car v1.0 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 17, 2013.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

It's the environment that is having the impact. In an open car, you're showing a lot more of the car, and have to have it modelled and shown when using the cockpit cam. You're showing reflections, etc, on the car you're driving. You're showing more of the world, more motion, more for the gfx card to do. In a closed cockpit, you don't even need to have the entire car modelled for the cockpit camera, and you're showing much less world.

2. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

In real life Poznan doesn't have DRS zones :)

I can add this feature in update for track but I'm not sure is it good idea, it's not F1 circuit...unless you really want it ;)

3. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

The only thing I see more in an open wheeled car is sky, I'm not sure how high you usually sit in the cockpit, or maybe you prefer the rollbar cam, but I can just about see over the nose so the cars reflections are mostly irrelevant aswell apart from the one on the mirrors.

I really think the car isn't optimized very well, I can take any other card and have a proper FPS, be it the Skip Barber, Brabham, F2 or Clio, they all hover around 70-90fps, this is the only car which has such an extreme drop :)

4. Miro

Miro Registered

I don't know, but it would be cool for racing with the F1 car. Or at least disable DRS for the race and take the supersoft/medium or supersoft/soft tires. Without that it's somehow pointless to race on the track with that car. I can't see how to manage a race honestly.

But a big thx for the response!

5. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Ok, DRS zones added to the update list :)

6. Miro

Miro Registered

Thx feels3!

7. tjc

tjc Registered

Ok... as a fully paid up member of the "Realism Police" ;) I`d say if Poznan doesn`t have DRS zones then you should keep it real feels but it`s your project so I guess the choice is yours.

Just my opinion. :)

8. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

I would like to see DRS disabled completely on Poznan if it has no real life zones.

9. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

I want to give my opinion too! :) I hate that damn DRS-button because am forced to use it at every straight when not in race. F1 changed rules for current season so that DRS is only available at DRS zones. Don't know why but could imagine drivers wouldn't want to use it all the time outside races. However at races I think DRS is still very good especially on tracks which have short straights. Poznan could very well be one which would benefit from it.

If Poznan would be F1 track it would have DRS zones. ;)

10. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I have a good fps with the Marussia at Poznan! great job ISI, but the next one should be a GT car, a great GT car:p

11. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I think that DRS is the killer of the modern F1 races! now, it is too easy to overtake with this shiçççç!

12. frankwer

frankwer Registered

Typical, this car dont have KERS so i can blast past people, instead it uses DRS which keep the flap open even if i want to close it before turns, so in the turns i have no downforce.

The complaints about this car will continue.

To be continued...

13. Blue fellow

Blue fellow Registered

When you press the brake pedal, the flap automatically shuts. Or you can press the DRS button again. But just lifting off the throttle will not close the flap.

In real life the car did not have KERS, and KERS and DRS serve different purposes. This years Marussia does have KERS though, but last year it did not.

14. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Your problem is the pink fleshy bit behind the wheel. :)

15. Capeta

Capeta Registered

Actually the DRS help if you're a lot faster but if you have very close pace to the guy you're in fight with, that's not enough to make a move because on Sepang for exemple, you can't follow to close without taking the risk to go out in the S2 and you damage a lot your tires.
    Or specific setup.
    As we've seen last GP at Melbourne, we haven't seen a lot of DRS overtake for good position. Or with pretty equal tires.

16. 88mphTim

The MR01 did not have KERS.

It doesn't keep the flap open, if you close it, like the real drivers did, by either pressing the button again, or braking.

17. 88mphTim

Yeah, Malaysia was pretty bad for DRS in 2012. Unless you were Kobayashi.

18. Capeta

Capeta Registered

And is the fact to stop to push the throttle close the DRS too ?

19. TTupsi

TTupsi Registered

I've said for a few years that if we want to see overtakes in Formula 1, FIA has to allow refueling. All this made up **** with DRS and bad tyres is a joke in my opinion.

Sorry for the off-topic :eek:

20. 88mphTim

Pushing the throttle doesn't close the DRS.

Braking does.
    Pressing DRS a second time does.