Marussia MR01 GP Car v1.0 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Miro

Miro Registered

Jup it's my server, I still can't get the GET MOD feature to work.

I just want to work some things out, like which tires to use and so on and I'll post a new thread for the session.

Appreciate the setup :D

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I am really hoping that we'll continue working together. They *seem* to be a team moving in the right direction since they dropped the Nick Wirth design team. I've been talking with other teams a little about modern cars, but I don't see much of an opportunity that is financially viable yet. Older cars are more likely from other teams (as they currently don't get much revenue from those cars).

3. 88mphTim

I think you will be able to do it with just about any controller. You just need to adapt to the car, it sounds like you're being too brutal on the throttle. :) I'm sure the feeling will come, no matter what pedals.

A roadshow? hahahah! In that case, Kubica is the one clearly insane going that hard! :D

Read the car profile page. :) It's not even possible to finish a full race if you brake in the MR01 like you would in cars with better braking systems. We used the data available, and simulated that. If someone were to make Montreal (horrible circuit for brakes), for example, they would either HAVE to finish -3 laps from nursing the car, or retire.

4. 88mphTim

Attached Files:

5. tjc

tjc Registered

Cool... I`m a big fan of the older F1 cars too, even more of a challenge so keep at those discussions Tim...

(Like you need me to suggest that to you lol)

:)

6. 88mphTim

I love just about every form of racing, so I'm a bit like a kid in a candy store at times. You guys are so lucky. ;)

7. Miro

Miro Registered

I guess I wont get an answer for that?

8. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

I didn't try the car yet, but just out of curiosity: I'm assuming ISI had access to Marussia telemetry data to model the physics, is that correct? If so, it wouldn't make sense to questioning about the car's behavior in general once the parameters would be fit with the real telemetry feedback.

9. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Are you telling me that Marussia engineers gave you guys telemetry and other data to work on? :) If so then cool. Well I believe I'm not the only one here that would love to hear about your partnership on building virtual MR01. If you have a minute... Don't you mind telling us a bit, please? :D

10. Arandor

Arandor Registered

Tim,

I'm just curious what kind of/how detailed data was available to ISI to creating this nice car?
    Could we know a bit more from this?

I mean Team Marussia provided all the data required for creating a well simulated car? ( eg.: Inertia/downforce/lift values of different parts of the car, torque-curve, etc.. I know only a bit about modelling a car in a sim)

Just a bit technical curiosity.
    Thanks!

(Sorry for bad english)

11. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

Well I'm comparing it to closed cockpit car which should yield a lower fps than openwheeler cars.
    In the Clio around Poznan in pitlane I'm sitting at 90fps, jump in the Marussia and it drops to 38fps. And I'm not even moving at that point :p

12. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

LOL, 3 identical questions in sequence.

13. Miro

Miro Registered

The mirrors and the environment reflections have a big impact on FPS with this car/track combo on my side.

14. martymoose

martymoose Registered

DRS Zones I think are needed to be set in the track itself, probably in the AIW but I havent looked into that yet Im sure someon here can confirm or correct that. This is something we would need track designers to add to all their tracks but not sure if they will for many non F1 tracks. I also think tyres are set within the track settings but it would be a good option for server settings if not currently available.

With the setup I just tried it with a fully green track, its a very different beast lol. I was struggling to get down to 1:14s after about 12 laps on my own on the track, Real road is definitely a feature that sets RF2 apart from all other sims. Even with my lowly g25 I get good feel from the car regarding grip levels and what the car is doing as the rack an tyres change through a session.

15. Miro

Miro Registered

Mhmhm that's not good. I could setup a server but we would have to race with gentlemen's agreements.

16. Timpie Claessens

Sounds reasonable seeing how the side mirrors are 1/2 of my sidescreens :D I was just driving against about 10AI cars, again on Poznan since that track gives me the highest FPS and I saw drops to 10fps :O

I don't even want to try it on an ISI track like Lime Rock or Estoril

17. 88mphTim

The modder of the track can do it.

18. 88mphTim

And I can't talk about what they want to talk about in any specifics they would want, either. :) We got assistance from the team, including supply of data (including part design data). That's all you're getting out of me.

19. 88mphTim

I don't understand your reply. I said the Marussia and Brabham have higher detail, and will have lower FPS most likely. You're then saying the same thing happens on your system to what I said would.

20. Timpie Claessens

It's just strange seeing how it has to render half a car less and there's really not any visually difference in quality.
    And a 50fps drop is just extreme :)