Marussia MR01 GP Car v1.0 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

The easiest way to reduce that damaging rear wheelspin is to be gentle on the throttle until you can straighten the wheel. That's what I always try to focus on: get the car as straight as possible, as quickly as possible before flooring the throttle, so the tyres aren't under big cornering loads anymore whilst accelerating. These micro-drifts you get so easily when exiting a slow corner have a big effect on tyre temps. It's much more damaging in terms of temperature than a bit of forward wheelspin. You can get away with that and the tyre will have an easier time trying to cool down. Think of it as two vectors being added to each other.

So if you're exiting a slowish corner and get that typical oversteery moment when you put the power down, you know the tyres have been punished more than they like. Have those little moments at the exit of each corner, and the tyre will be ruined after a lap or two.

2. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

My statement was actually incorrect :( Read on.

3. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

Thanks to "Luc Van Camp", his description is way better than mine.
    *signed*

4. bwana

bwana Registered

Dont say that Capt. just when I was convinced I knew what i was talking about :rolleyes:

5. Magzire

Magzire Registered

Anyone a got a decent setup?

6. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

lol. There is a reason why this team is near the bottom of the speed charts. :D

7. Sherwin92

Sherwin92 Registered

I'm a real fan of the car, I take a great deal of dun out of fighting the thing around the track, especially in the slow corners she's a gorgeous piece :p Really the only thing(s) keeping me from driving it even more then I already do is the lack of a speed indicator on the steering wheel (because I don't like to use ANY kind of hud) and the sounds do seem to be a little bit... bad, shall I say'(I'm a sound junkie, almost as important to me then the physics itself).

Truth be told I like the 2013 car more, especially the white in the cars paint gives it some more beauty.