Latest Release 1109 Rain Effects AND MORE!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 21, 2017.

1. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Thanks for the clarification.
    Really nice autocritic example.

No need for apologies. Facts are stronger than words and your post is exemplary. Keep up this direction. Good work!

misi and Christopher Elliott like this.
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Nice , but could you please help me with my post above yours ?

3. Louis

Louis Registered

Do i have to change anything on steam config to be in the newest release? Aren´t supposed to have the new UI working already?

4. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

You should not need to sub to anything or un-sub, any new items we update are removed from the ISI workshop, and we auto-sub you to S397 items.
    But you may still have ISI content installed, if for example you have a raceevent (rfmod) still installed it might hold on to the old content.
    Check in the Launcher and see if any 'rfmods' are installed, uninstall them and re-open the Launcher.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  5. Kyle_Katarn

Kyle_Katarn Registered

If you were joined at beta I think not, but I cleaned all and did a fresh new instal

Louis likes this.
  6. Louis

Louis Registered

@ADSTA
    Because the forum moderator ignored my previous question and, when doing a google search, that thread was the second suggested by google using this terms: rf2+new ui
    Btw, are you a staff member?

7. bwana

bwana Registered

Well I’ll be ,, glad l wasn’t going mad , car feels brilliant btw . Thanks Chris ..

Christopher Elliott likes this.
  8. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Running Simtek GT3 on sm Imola 1.2 off a SteamCMD dedi server last night we both had constant disconnects at race end, nothing new since we moved from the licensed dedi server to the SteamCMD server, this I have reported earlier.
    But last night for the first time, in the middle of a 30 minute race I pitted and as I left the pits I was disconnected. I am local, the online player stayed connected and could continue the race. This I have never had before, we are now used to reconnecting after disconnect at the end of the race (both local and online), luckily this is quite quick so not a major problem.
    Pre SteamCMD dedi server, running the licensed Launcher server, there was an occasional disconnect but never every single time at race end as now and I have never been disconnected midrace.
    Before anyone questions the overall hardware/software setup, I earn my living for the last 25 years as a self employed IT technician and PCs, network etc. are in order.
    My connection is 200down/22up. Since I reinstalled SteamCMD dedi server on a SSD, local ping is 5 on average and online ping is 18-25 (my fellow player is 200km away in a different country on 100up/18down). There are no background programs active besides Teamspeak.
    On a positive note while we were racing the experience was way better than the DX9 days.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  9. Christopher Elliott

Radical SR3-RSX - v2.0
    - Corrected AI straight line speeds

Top post updated - Enjoy!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  10. LokiD

LokiD Registered

isn't is the non gt version with the ai issue?

11. Christopher Elliott

Sorry typo! fixed

davehenrie and LokiD like this.
  12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Huzzah! Thanks Studio397 I can finally race them offline!

13. Patrick Craenmehr

Patrick Craenmehr Registered

It was installed, but in the game when you select the car it still shows as version 1.0? I even tried an unsubscribe and subscribe (which installed it again), but game still shows 1.0.

14. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Perhaps you must uninstall old rfmod.

15. Magus

Magus Registered

Just has a race with the 2.0 around Mills Metro :) fun factor comparable with the USF2000. Thanks for the update.

16. Patrick Craenmehr

Patrick Craenmehr Registered

It's subscribed Steam Workshop content. When I access the installed packages, there is no option to uninstall (greyed out). Also there I can see that both versions (1.0 and 2.0) are installed. Only option to uninstall is to remove subscription from workshop, and then subscribe again, which I did.

17. Filip

Filip Registered

In launcher try hover with mouse over 1.0 version to see if it is used by some other mod or it just says Workshop item in little popup mesage

18. Magus

Magus Registered

@Patrick Craenmehr
    as Filip states, it sounds like you are possibly using the 1.0 with a mod you maybe d/l for online play. If not, then just go directly to X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Installed\Vehicles folder and delete the Radical_SR3-RSX_2017 folder which probably has a 1.0 & 2.0 folder within it.

19. LokiD

LokiD Registered

@Marcel Offermans @studio397 just had a wonderfull sprint race with the AI at sepang the ai block moves never fails to amaze me!!! wonderful car..

Theres two things that would complete this car for me..

- The dash seems to jumbled up in lap/fuel/position etc (also the dash doesn't light up when headlights on - thought it did before?)

- The funny vibration at centre wheel with anything lower than 4 smoothing. Could this be something that could be looked at or is it the nature of the cars physics/geometry?

patchedupdemon likes this.
  20. Jeff Parker

Jeff Parker Registered

Good Work