Latest Release 1109 Rain Effects AND MORE!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

These shots are looking really sweet.
    What are the main differences between the gt3 and gte?

2. Javi288

Javi288 Registered

The main difference between both cars (apart from the differences related to what each regulation marks) are the engine layout: Central in the GTE and rear in the GT3.

Nitrometh likes this.
  3. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@Nitrometh
    a minor difference if i remember correct is the fuel tank
    GTE is endurance so it has a bigger one ?

also i played the Porsche cup car from Iracing and the car dont have ABS
    but Porsche cup and GT3 Porsche must be different category

Nitrometh likes this.
  4. Emery

Emery Registered

GTE probably has differential choice, whereas that's forbidden in GT3 except in USA where there are mandates for street circuit and Daytona.

5. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Gte also have a lot more downforce

Emery likes this.
  6. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Emery likes this.
  7. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

From Reddit:
    "GT3 does BoP much more heavily, making a Bentley able to compete with a Ferrari. You could also say GTE is more finely developed than GT3.''

From me:
    that says all.............................
    i think they tried to organize a championship between all car manufacturers and BOP was the only way for cars to be competitive

8. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Bro.... let me clarify that for you (you could do it yourself by googling about how GT3 works)
    GT3 class basically does not have rules, they have a performance target. Manufacturers give their cars to SRO and the organization test driver go in their track and start taking lap times, they only slow down cars to fit the rest of the grid, they limit gear ratios according to the engine power and torque curves, then balance with weight, all setups are also limited by their range to fit the different tracks.
    In the past a Corvette would blow away everyone at a track like Monza or cars with better torque would dominate a low speed track, etc. They then created 3 levels of BoP that they use depending if the track is high speed, low speed, etc. This is an attempt to balance the cars more, but fully balanced grid is impossible mostly due to weight distribution.
    They'll balance fuel tank size and refuel times so all cars run about 65 minutes also even if one car use more fuel per lap than another.
    If the car is slower SRO return the car to the manufacturer and it's up to them to either improve the car or homologate it anyway. Happened to the Lexus GT3, the car was slow then Toyota decided to delay the homologation for a year to improve it.
    That's why GT3 works, you dont need to spend too much to develop the car, as long as it fits the performance target and make good use of tires it's fine to go.

GTE class on the other hand has a proper rule book (+ BoP, which can be seen as stupid since you already got a proper rule book). Manufacturers can build their street cars with the GTE book in mind, that's what Chevy did with the C7, the car was made to fit these rules from scratch, according to their CEO.

To say that one is more developed than the other is weird, both are very well developed now, the GTE just have more downforce and some more power.

Other series should actually follow this model tho. Indycar could do that, homologating engines for 3~5 years cut costs big time and we could see a second chassis builders then if they did it

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    jayarrbee36, McKiernan and pkelly like this.
  9. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@Will Mazeo
    indeed fully balanced grid is impossible to ballance.
    i remember i saw a Bathurst GT3 race from 2017 i think
    Race was so cool to watch and i was wandering how Bentley is competing so good against all the rest cars :)