Latest Release 1109 Rain Effects AND MORE!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Havent´t read all of the thread:
    My windscreen wipers go in super slow motion when the window focus is in the game. When I click on a window on my 2nd desktop, taking away the focus from the game, they run left/right in normal speed. What´s up here?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

3. Hparadine

Hparadine Registered

To an extent for sure, but according to my in game info its only my gpu that’s running out of steam. The cpu usage is 23-27% nearly all the time. Many gigs of ram spare.
    And my last pc I upgraded the card after about 5-6 yrs and got awesome improvements. But for sure the new card will work best in a new system, hands down. I’ll post a pic of my settings tomorrow for anyone that has similar specs with probs. Shadows was massive hit, went down one step to (low) shadows and got 22 FPS gain at start line. Once round first corner it goes up into 100’s

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  4. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

While your video card is probably holding you back the cpu use is shown based on 4 cores, to get a better view of rF2 you need to make the monitoring app show each core use since rF2 will stick to only 2.
    On my i3 I also get "wrong" info if I keep hyper threading on. But you are in a true 4 cores :)

5. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

You don’t need a 1070 to run rf2 decently and nobody said that either,a gtx1060 will do that just fine on a single monitor,I only suggested a 1070ti because for both future proofing and bang for buck,there’s no better card at the moment.
    And the rest of his system is just fine,and will be balanced nicely with a gpu upgrade because his gpu now is bottlenecking his cpu,also he could overclock his cpu with just £30 investment of a decent cooler.
    No need to ipgrade his whole system,waste of money that could go to a better wheel or pedal set,or even triple screens.

6. stonec

stonec Registered

With rF2 you can absolutely put a new GPU into an ancient system and get instant big gains. There is nothing holding this game back apart from the PCI-E lane, which should be 3.0 on Intel 3rd generation series anyway. Someone on this forum (link) downclocked his new i5 to 1.4 GHz and rF2 ran with more or less the same FPS.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
    patchedupdemon likes this.
  7. Mulero

Mulero Registered

GTX 1060 and RX580 offer similar performance so little improvement will be noticed with the change.

8. Hparadine

Hparadine Registered

Sorry mate, I have to ask.
    Do you mean rF2 will only use 2 cores without hyper threading or only show 2 in the monitoring app? So my 23-27% could be a lie
    And is hyper threading, the same as the aggressive threading setting?
    Lol I have no idea what hyper threading is. Feeling a little silly now, lol
    And I don’t have aggressive threading turned on. I just read it can help older CPU’s. Thanks mate.

9. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Thanks for the pointing that out,I thought he was using a gtx 580

Actually he is using a gtx 580 so my suggestion still stands

Mulero and Hparadine like this.
  10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Dont worry about hyper threading, that was just an example when running rf2 on my i3. i5 does not have it.
    I just mean (example) if you get like 100% use in 2 cores and your monitoring app (like MSI afterburner) is showing cpu use based on all cores you'll get something like the cpu use is at 50%. So to really see what rf2 is doing you need to make your monitoring app report each core individualy.
    But your gpu is probably the issue, as others said above the PCI thing has some effect on it and the GTX580 is a pci 2.0 card if I'm not mistaken

11. Hparadine

Hparadine Registered

I totally agree with you mate.
    Cheers for you input.

12. Hparadine

Hparadine Registered

Ok cheers.
    Not sure about the 580 but I just checked my motherboard and it’s pci 3.0,
    So it’ll be a new card for me. Thanks guys, appreciate it.

13. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

14. Depco

Depco Registered

So with the cache now removed from the game, does this mean that hopefully we can get getmod to link directly to the steam download files? I imagine one doesn't actually have anything to do with the other. But, it would be nice if files could be downloaded directly from the workshop when someone connects to a server that has Workshop content on it.

15. Marko

Marko Registered

With this latest build, does one has to optout of beta (dx11) or should stay on it? Opting out will redownload or will be ok ? Anyone tried?

16. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Opting out will force a small download. It is quite straight forward to switch versions.

17. Rastas

Rastas Registered

A friend expert in hardware told me that mine 1050ti 4G should destroy RF2 in max settings,single screen 1920x1200 60hz,is this true or i need a better GC?
    Also in rain i dont get more than 20fps :(

18. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Does your friend know about hardware? of rfactor 2 does not know !!! , high configuration? he does not know about rfactor 2 !!!

aguy0523 and Rui Santos like this.
  19. joekart

joekart Registered

20. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

After more than 30 hours and hundreds of performance configurations tests (Yes it's a huge ...), it is impossible with my computer to get 60 FPS in all circumstances (10 FPS near) *when I use AI*.

I've been forced, after 30 hours "horrible", give up using AI .

The CPU is much more requested too.

Now with my new settings I have acceptable graphics (not good) and good performance but only without using AI : what is it a pity...

I am extremely disappointed by this version.

Tests conditions :

time scale × 1 and off, weather = mostly cloudy and rain at 100% and 60% humidity and wind = 50km / h, 8:00 am, a track applicant resource = nordschliefe laser scanned, between 4 km and 2 laps (62 km), 1 virtual rearview (real mirrors active but not visible), fov = 27, view cockpit of course, realroad = × 10, *4 AI*.

Small precision :
    Apart from the shadows that i'd disabled, I played in 4k there is a week, including with few AI and no problem....

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
    ebeninca likes this.