Latest Release 1109 Rain Effects AND MORE!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Jack7793

Jack7793 Registered

I noticed this too.

2. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

First of all, thank you for the great work. However, I have the problem that no track (updated versions) look really wet, it rains, but the track looks dry. The Spray from the other Cars is barely visible the only thing I see is reflection on the track. The track is light gray and looks like in good weather, what can I do?

Incidentally, Rfactor was not playable in the rain (less than 20 frames), current Nvidia drivers have solved the problem.

Question: Is there already a schedule for the Udate of the Formula Master?

Thanks in advance.

3. DaveS78

DaveS78 Registered

Which HUD is this?

emha76 likes this.
  4. boxer

boxer Registered

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

6. Comante

Comante Registered

Beside all the eyecandy, the improvements etc etc etc, I MUST report, that today, RF2 was on almost the whole day, I tested a LOT of cars, tracks, entered and exited sessions, ALT-TABBED, whatever, and NOT A SINGLE TIME CRASHED. For me it's a world record!
    I'm so happy that I even reinstalled telemetry plugin.. now I just have to decide what cars I want to race...

Churrinche, Emery, marmagas and 2 others like this.
  7. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

jimagn and Claudio Navonne like this.
  8. Claudio Navonne

Claudio Navonne Registered

I have solved it, the latest Nvidia drivers were the solution!

jimagn, Emery and juanchioooo like this.
  9. TwoHardCore

TwoHardCore Registered

I love the fact that my engine isn't revved up to the max when I hit "race" anymore.

Very big update indeed, thanks Studio 397!

10. green serpent

green serpent Registered

Hey guys, my rF2 is looking absolutely terrible in the dx11 build. I have no idea about any technical jargon, so the best that I can explain it is that anything detailed such as trees and so on look very pixelated. Also, as I get closer to objects such as a building, the shading will change and look pixelated (again, no idea how to explain this sorry). I've never really cared much for graphics, but it's literally painful to my eyes and it makes it difficult to drive properly. FPS are about 80, down from 120 on dx9.

I'm guessing it could just be because my PC is a pile of you know what.

AMD Radeon R9 200
    Intel Core i5-4440 @3.10GHz 8132 Mb

Don't ask me what those numbers mean but I'm guessing they mean that I'm well over due for an upgrade?

Cheers.

11. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

7.9 GB update? What the hell is in this thing? It's bigger than the game itself. I thought I'd you know... Go on rFactor a bit before dinner, but NOPE, I can't play it for 10 bloody hours.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  12. Beef36

Beef36 Registered

No crashes for me either once I discovered it was both Asus Aura and Oculus Runtime drivers causing stability havoc on my PC. On many open tracks I can now get say 90-120fps on High (not Full) graphic settings and Post Processing turned off. On really intensive tracks (e.g. Hong Kong) I get around 60-90fps (i7-8700K, GTX-1080Ti).

The graphical improvements and frame rate are now good enough for me to continue playing.

bwana likes this.
  13. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

A Bug in VR: when you click "next Session", sporadically you see the Loading Screen and not the HUD Menue for the Session. You heare the Session is online, but you can not Race....

14. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Could you share you game settings? (Confing panel & In Game settings) I'm interested I have same card & VR headset.
    Do you use SuperSampling in SteamVR (if yes, what value?)

15. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Registered

Does PP does anything more than add some blur to the picture? And how much performance is it supposed to demand?

16. Lgel

Lgel Registered

After following recommended settings for display in the first post (could be posted as a standalone post for recommended graphic settings), I find this is a great step forward for the DX11 version, cars and tracks look great, rain even if not fully polished (AI strategy, spray enters Megane cockpit, etc.) is now a very interesting and immersive alternative.

I simply regret how the revised cars are packaged, with teams and skins mixed in the car mas.

Cheers.

17. Rastas

Rastas Registered

I have the same cpu,same ram,8GDDR3 and a Gigabyte GTX1050 TI 4G,no problems here broski :),also you can put your CPU in 3.3GHZ,is the max since is not a K version,but is a great cpu ;)

patchedupdemon and green serpent like this.
  18. Comante

Comante Registered

The problem is your R9 200, that is very very old and unpowerful card. I had a r9 270 before it melt down, and it was barely minimum to run RF2, now I use a R9-280 and I run quite high details.

green serpent likes this.
  19. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Also GJED is no longer working.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  20. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Had a quick race today against the AI with the latest Camaro 2012 and noticed, the AI is flipping over at Nola. That happened nearly in each lap. Thought that was fixed, no?
    Besides that, its really a wee bit destroying my immersion, when most objects of the track are disappearing in the mirror...
    Camaro 2012 v1.94
    Nola 2016 v1.30
    Settings ingame everything high/max except reflections, set to low.

nola_camaro.jpg