Latest Build Update rFactor 2 - 1.1110 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Registered

Do you think S397 have THAT money?
    If so, a Ferrari license should be on the way.
    :)

mesfigas likes this.
  2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Is the formula e dlc any good?
    I know the tracks are not lasered

How many tracks are in the formula e track pack so far ?

3. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Registered

Honestly, I came back to rF2 for this offering.
    The car(s) is just an approximation of the rules, like RSS did with their AC F1 2018 model. Build by specifications...
    Is it any good?
    Yes, it is!
    Love this car, love the specifics. It’s really a blast, if you can adjust...
    For track count, there is only Hong Kong included. A pure masterpiece of track making.
    On RaceDepartment you can find a handful of other F-e tracks, check them out!
    Cheers

4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Cheers for response
    Think I’ll stick mainly to Kartsim
    & the odd historic open top official stuff

If they go laser tracks on formula e
    Then I’m in big time, x1 track & non lasered is no good for me

5. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Registered

Well,
    You asked about F-e....
    I can tell you it’s worth a drive, even the tracks available (Hong Kong included)
    are not laserscanned....

Do you like Zandvoort in AC?
    It’s not laserscanned btw...

I think car physics/behavior is much much more important.

Cheers

Fremen78 likes this.
  6. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  7. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Registered

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

@Christopher Elliott I'm getting pit limiter enabled when I resume from replay sometimes.

Now momentarily off topic. Honestly, more work on graphics and modding documentation, with more current and commonly used tools and varied plug-in support is very important. I'd have preferred a visual overhaul that would have forced modders to update their work than to be tied to the limitations we have. That is as important as all available stock content meeting the same standard of quality.

That said, I don't share the fatalist perspective because this game has enough of a following. Proof being 29 pages here and my own post too.

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2018
  9. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I guess the same can be applied to regular DLC content. Why not share it if it is already done? Come on guys.....!!!

10. filippu

filippu Registered

A few months ago, maybe last year, Marcel said on RD that changing the graphics engine (to UE4 IIRC) was considered. They decided against it. Some people said it was a bad idea, I thought it was a bad idea.

Fast forward to today : no matter how much blame has been put on modders for not following the Bible, I mean guide for modders, content had to be updated for DX11 anyway (ok, in a smaller way than having to go to UE4), the graphics are far to be as good as they could have been, shaders are meh, performance is somewhere between awful to barely decent.
    All the money spent to pay people to optimize this hopeless engine could have been spent in selling half finished DLC bought from other games (like GT3 pack).

11. Filip

Filip Registered

Came here to read about rf2 and instead found many managers giving free consultancy services. There are many modders who contribute to this sim but bigest blessing for all of us are forum users who unselfishly provide valuable advice how to run software company. If S397 knows anything about business they will carefuly follow all such instructions and we are safe. Because people that work in the software company sometimes get confused when deciding next moves based on dozens of facts they have the insight to. Thats when they need help from outside, preferably from forum business managers who see things clearly from the distance and can easily tell apart good from wrong.

12. Travis

Travis Registered

Same here.

I'd like to see S397 reach out to Reiza like ISI did and look to convert tracks from AMS, some of which are laser scanned, to rF2. Development of AMS is largely finalised (FWIW, I'm a level 5 backer of the Reiza 2017 crowdfunding) so it would not hurt AMS sales doing this.

The track selection for AMS is fantastic and we'd benefit from top notch tracks (Alex from Reiza is amazing) converted by professionals that could then be sold as DLC which would benefit Reiza and S397 if revenues were shared.

Probably a pipedream but it makes sense to me!

13. Louis

Louis Registered

or you can call them as usersbase/fans/part of the community that already saw the ship sink once because of bad decisions for not listenning what users/fans/league owners/modders needs

Last edited: May 5, 2018
    UsedMomo likes this.
  14. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Ferrari hands out licenses like sweets. Merch keeps them going.

15. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Not sure if this is an issue with the new build or if there is a key to turn it on and off but I do not get any messages showing up on screen while driving now. Things such as you must turn your headlights on or when you change TC levels or fuel mixture etc. Anyone have any ideas or noticed this?

16. Andregee

Andregee Registered

I have a weird problem with the replay function with the new build. Watching it to record for Youtube, nearly after 50 minutes it starts to falter every 10-20 seconds. Watching the same Replay file with 1109 everything is fine. This is not system related, temps are arctic, the harddrives dont have much workload, there is enough memory.

17. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

What is replay fidelity set to?

18. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Display Options in game. Check that the Message Centre in turned on.

19. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Since last update I´m loosing regularly my force Feedback playing offline and hitting escape to leave track

20. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

This is happening when i use borderless mode and click on my secondary screen.
    An alternative is configure de ffb reset Key.