Jeremy Miller tweets (Senior Programmer at ISI)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TIG_green, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Niko

Niko Registered

So, we will have nothing this week. :(

2. Max

Max Registered

and nothing, again, lol. Surprised? no

3. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Hi Tim what could we expect 1st the new build or content update? Cant wait to try out the updated GTR

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Before this week I would have said content, but they got close to releasing a new build this week also.

5. 88mphTim

Well if surprise is that important to you, stop looking under the tree for presents and run the sim instead. You'll be surprised any time something is put out. ;)

6. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Brilliant, thanks Tim.

7. Max

Max Registered

Tim, :D

8. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I just assume new build once a month and anything else is a bonus, some builds are bigger & better than others -I do hope for the good ones

Updated content is a great sign (& much needed ! )
    Can't wait for the replay system to be sorted also

This next build sounds promising we will have to wait & see

Sounds close too may be a little earlier than usual if the dev's sort the glitches

Keep up the good work ISI (-;

9. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

10. Max

Max Registered

err, yeah

11. Thingriz

Thingriz Registered

Be that as it may, he's not alone. This game is very confusing. I've been playing the same first version for almost a year. No notices of updates or any other notices (like the game being released). I'm not a twit. So if that's how you communicate I won't be on it.

Bottom line. I get to the download page again, finally. So I just download the whole new version- uninstall old- save packages- reinstall new version. No joy. The game is looking horrible on my system and the loading screen just freezes so I can't even play! I was under the impression that this was going to be a deal, where the game would even remind you, if there were any updates for a mod available? And it looks to me like it's supposed to work that way.

I left because there was just not enough to keep me around. I thought that the game would surely be finished in the time since I left. I keep checking. No joy. Time is not on your side my friend. You are developing a game that is 3 video generations behind. And it goes on and on like the never ending story. When is this game going to be in a working releasable condition? Please let me know and I'll come back at that time.

12. Bart S

Bart S Member

^^^^^ he he he like anyone cares

13. Max

Max Registered

well aside from the rant, there was a good question I thought. And that is when is the game (sim) going to be release candidate? I too wonder that, and when I do, I was told to go run some laps :p I did laugh at that, and I am not surprised. I believe the answer is blowing in the wind

14. jjcook

jjcook Registered

Its a good question but i dont agree with the other observations about a lack of updates or that the sim is not ready- i am not driving anything else so it must be ready for something- i think the advice you are getting is based on this fact - that many of us think the sim is already awesome- and using real road to our hearts content while we impatiently await the next update- i dont think it will ever truly be 'finished' - but i dont seem to care- i just keep adding stuff anyhow - isi content, mods, more tracks all the time - its running good for me with 20 people in a race and thats what i will ultimately care the most about-

15. 88mphTim

I have no idea what communication you are referring to. If it is what you quoted, then he needed to be told he was incorrect, as do you, it seems.

The software is and never was going to remind you of an update. It will auto install them if you run the launcher, go to update, and click once on the image at the top left. We never said what you're saying we did. It is, indeed, going to a neverending story - until it isn't. It's an ongoing development, and we said that before any member of the public got their hands on it. Although it's not that surprising you think the software is further behind than it is, when you have a CPU released in 2007 you're running it with, which if you do get it running, probably isn't allowing you to run max gfx with a 2011 card.

The software is in a working condition. What you are describing is not normal, and I'd wager you have a problem with your installation. Come back whenever you want, but you're still going to have that problem, I suspect, until you fix it.

16. 88mphTim

It's available now, that's really it. It's going to be an ongoing development process.

If you need another example of this type of release, look at iRacing. They had what they called a beta period in 2008, and then they released it as-is with expected features missing, etc. They've worked on it, added features to it, added content to it. We're doing the same thing.

17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Gosh

I just looked at a vid I made from historic Monaco from build 85,
    It looks so much better -I forgot how good it use to look,
    Really can't wait untill this older content is updated & re-released for our current build, might even look better still.

18. smithaz

smithaz Registered

Tim, so is the deal with rF2 that it is available now and at some point in the future when it is a bit more polished you will start marketing it, and at that point it will be considered properly released by the many who are waiting for it to be released.
    If this is the case, it would be nice if somebody came out and explained this instead of usual un-informative one liners. And if you don't know, just say you don't know.

19. coops

coops Banned

+1 that's when i would expect it to be classed as released. A few ppl i know want to know when its going GOLD or have we bypassed this stage?

20. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hiya

In my mind gold release ready stage will be :

When all old content has been updated
    Replay system is in place (with tripple screen support) may also include a funky editing system (updated from rf1 )
    Sound system worked on & updated
    Updates to the partly implemented features ( things like real road / weather etc )even if not fully complete
    Maybe a bit more content -maybe 2 more cars & 2 more tracks

Seems silverstone may be iminant & a new car has just appeared on Facebook so maybe those 2 items within next month along with a new build & some old content updates (mentioned a few times that it's being worked on

My guess next 2 builds will get rf2 very close to gold level, maybe 4 builds will do it, so based on 1 build per month, june/July release ready

Of course there will be some content & further updates after release too

P.s this is just my estimate etc