Released January RC Update #2 Released

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 3, 2023.

1. Caio Fonseca

Caio Fonseca Registered

Since we have a developer answering in this thread, I've been helping the ASR guys with the physics of the 1991 and 1992 cars but since the RF2 update to version 1131, the cars tend to have oversteer problems at the beginning of corners.

2. ling

ling Registered

just tried the new steering system with the RC build again deleted all my setting in rf2 folder and re-downloaded the game with steam fresh install

tried using the wheel setting for my controller (like suggested) and it was not to bad if there was a speed sensitivity adjuster it might be ok.

all so tried the new controller settings default and what i found was say i am turning right and accelerate out of the turn with the new system the car wheel will correct itself and start to straighten up so auto-correcting for you and turn left (in cockpit view you can watch the car steering wheel do this)

with the old controller setting if you take the same turning and accelerate out the bend the steering will not auto-correct for you the car steering will stay were you have it on the controller.

so what i am trying to say is the new system is auto-correcting for you i think.

hope this makes sense not very good at explaining things on paper.
    and this is just a opinion

all so could you please look into fixing the race series event on the new ui there is no way to click select next track and if i select next event it loads but the screen is just black.
    thanks

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
  3. Devin

Devin Member Staff Member

Soon™
    That means your peak front slip angle is actually lower than the direction the car is facing. If you were to be able turn in more, you'd actually have less front grip. It does look and feel like it's correcting for you, I agree. You can try cranking up the steering aggression to make it turn more in that situation, however that will generally make it turn more elsewhere too which may be undesirable.
    The next iteration will allow you to set steering aggression to >100%, which reduces the effect of sliding on the wheel even further, or you can simply turn off the system and go back to the classic speed sensitivity. Keep in mind this is still being tested, but it should make it into the next RC update.
    Thanks for the feedback!

ling and davehenrie like this.
  4. Devin

Devin Member Staff Member

That would be one for the physics team. However, if you have definitive proof of this happening (using telemetry) and you can point out what goes wrong with the car, I'm sure it can be addressed.

5. Caio Fonseca

Caio Fonseca Registered

This has already been shown by other people on discord.

6. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Maybe share it directly with Devin as requested, rather than a cryptic post on its somewhere in Discord, and expect him to then spend a couple of hours trying to dig out something you already know about?

ling likes this.
  7. Caio Fonseca

Caio Fonseca Registered

Although it's not my obligation because I don't work on the S397, I can look for the report on the discord of the game itself in the mods section, where it wasn't just me who reported the problem. Second, I don't know why the harsh response as this is the first time I've raised an issue I've noticed in-game and it's been reported not only by me but by other modders.

pkelly likes this.
  8. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Hey Caio, on second read you are right, I do come across a little too harsh with that - my apologies.

Seven Smiles and pkelly like this.
  9. Caio Fonseca

Caio Fonseca Registered

I already spoke to Devin on discord and passed the issue to him with some information.

10. Caio Fonseca

Caio Fonseca Registered

All good. We just want things to run smoothly in RF2.

Paul Jeffrey and pkelly like this.
  11. micro-impact

micro-impact Registered

Thank you. With the new gamepad steering options it should be possible for everyone to find a solution, which fits the likings.
    Didn´t took long and I managed to get a decent setting.

12. Hinyaldee

Hinyaldee Registered

Would you be OK with sharing it please ? I'm waiting on the full release of the update instead of testing the RC in all honesty as I league race

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If you're not on the RC you still have the previous settings.

If you're not on the RC you can't use any of the new settings, as they aren't in your build.

14. Hinyaldee

Hinyaldee Registered

I know, it's just to have them ahead of the update's release to try them when it's live :)

Lazza likes this.
  15. micro-impact

micro-impact Registered

You have options now , without filter , with modern and with classic. With classic you should be able to use your old settings without tweaking much.

Hinyaldee likes this.
  16. Hinyaldee

Hinyaldee Registered

So they changed the controller settings again then ? Nice. Thanks for the heads up

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

There's a thread for RC update 3.

Hinyaldee likes this.
  18. micro-impact

micro-impact Registered

Yes , but it´s better now. As I said you have more options and you can more or less run your old config without going back to former RC´s.
    So (in theory) it should be possible for you to switch to the new RC without ruining your league races.

Hinyaldee likes this.
  19. Nicolas Pailhes

Nicolas Pailhes Registered

@Paul Jeffrey do you know where the plugin example they mention would be located?
    "Plugin API updated to include physics output"