ISI Track Team Tweets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Miro, Nov 13, 2013.

1. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

I personally think that SS is actually quite boring in GT, the only cars that make sence to race on it are F1s and other extremely fast high downforce cars. Its just too wide, too fast and too flat, so tracks like Portugal, Mills etc are much more fun in GTs imho

2. stonec

stonec Registered

Portugal has so wrong texture colors for grass, curbs, etc, that it hurts my eyes. I think it was made around 2008 when HDR didn't exist, or either way the colors are wrong for current HDR. It also has big FPS slowdowns at places.

3. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Urgh people are so picky it's not even funny.... you can't race this car on that track etc. Try to have some fun! It's no wonder the whining and begging for new content never stops. Really bad on the nerves, that's for sure. People are just never ever satisfied.

Tons of wonderful content and nearly limitless ways of combining tracks and cars. But no, people are just completely stuck in one single mindset.

To say Portugal is useless because it physically hurts to look at is just... wow, I have no words for that... exaggeration could be a fitting description perhaps. Wow.

Three magnificent racing layouts just released yet no one is using them. That's beyond me, totally beyond me. People seem to be waiting for ISI suddenly releasing Suzuka, modern Spa or some other crazy high profile F1 track... is just enjoying or learning how to enjoy what we already have too much I wonder..?

Rant completed.

4. stonec

stonec Registered

I did enjoy some offline racing on this track, as I did with kart track, historic tracks etc. I just can't see any servers with people racing on these type of tracks, neither can I think of many leagues that it would fit for. Leagues using rF2 are all basically racing GT/endurance or formula type cars. We once attempted to race Howstons on historic Spa in Finnish league. Whilst it was fun, everyone except one car retired after 2 laps. That's the problem with historics & online.

Regarding Suzuka, I actually built one version myself for rF2 FSR event, based on old GP4 version, because there was nothing good online. Trackside art isn't very up to date, but at least we now have a Suzuka for rF2 that is drivable :). Having this type of tracks is critical for leagues to become interested.

5. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

The man speaks the truth.

Most of the current tracks will never last more than a few days on any server. A bit of targeted tracks would not go amiss, i.e. tracks that they drive Skippys on, or tracks that they drive F Renaults on, or Clios etc.

Now it's just a bunch of random tracks combined with random cars. Most rFactor 2 players want the game to be relatable to reality. I don't wanna drive FR3.5 at Mores, for example.

Really hope ISI can take the criticism as more of constructive criticism than bashing, because all of us want this game/sim to beat its competitors, but at the moment it's not progressing as it should.

6. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

The only usuable one in a proper online race is the one without the silly exploding barriers at the side. I'm sure if they weren't as FUBAR as they are now it would get some more attention.

7. Ekimelyobo

Ekimelyobo Registered

I'm not looking for this sim to beat the others. I own all the modern sim titles and all I want is one of them to meet the expectations I have of a 2014 racing simulator, be it RF2, AC, Project cars or whatever - I couldnt care less. This "I want this sim to beat the others" attitude stinks. Right now I prefer RF2 to all the other sims, but if one of the competitors take the lead and offers a better driving experience then I'd drop RF2 like a hot stone.

The only things I blindly support are the Republic of Ireland and Manchester City.... Not racing sims.

8. blakboks

blakboks Registered

That's fair only as long as the community knows that their criticisms are only suggestions at best, that ISI doesn't 'owe' anyone anything (we've paid for what you have, not what we may eventually get), and don't have to implement every single thing that's requested of them; and that they [the community] should realize when they're beating a dead horse. I think ISI gets it...moar contents!!!! :)

9. stonec

stonec Registered

It's not about more, content gets produced same rate if not faster than for iRacing and AC. My comment was simply on what content leagues can actually use, since rF2 online is now pretty much exclusively alive thanks to leagues. There is no league that first races on Silverstone, a week later on a Kart track, then on Tiger Moth, then Oval, etc. For example to run a league on the much praised FR3.5 2014 car, what suitable stock tracks are available? That's my main concern.

10. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

There is nothing ISI can do to force anyone to use our tracks on servers. We do what we have to do. We release what it's ready. We'll do what we have the right to do (aka license). Etc etc.

So, for this specific compartment, what you're saying can't be constructive in any manner sorry. Easy to understand I hope; we have our own list of licensed tracks to do (priority) and then we've side tasks to be done between a licensed track survey and another. Tiger Moth is one of those side projects. Take it as a gift because the alternative was just a long pause without anything new to be released and I personally never had the chance to close it alone (because of the time), without porting it inside the official ISI schedule.

It has been always like that, since rF1. I'm puzzled we're still here saying same things over and over again like hamsters in a loop. Sometimes looks like you guys think we're sort of kids, playing with toys and making jokes. We're not hiding stuff in our pockets, like a full F1 championship track pack, to focus on Mores or something else. There is NOTHING we're doing which it's not part of a complete schedule and release program. No way inputs like your will change a single byte in the process.

11. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Excuse me for saying this but it sounds like ISI has been handed a list of licensed tracks which they have zero influence on. Sounds like its not your sim and your choices - almost like you are just passengers on a train going in a predertermined direction? Maybe i just misunderstood what you are saying?

It would be interesting to know your complete schedule and release program? Is there any info somewhere about this or is it a secret?

12. Tuttle

13. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Ah ok Thank you i knew that one. I thought maybe there were a list with licensed tracks which you hadnt begun to work on yet or something :)

14. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Yeah I'd say that's pretty much a misunderstanding.

I think what he's saying is that ISI priorities and schedule won't be affected by begging and confused users, each single one wanting the sim to fit his exact personal needs. Of course that shouldn't have an influence. Imagine what an impossible task that would be, and how awful the product would become.

All the conspiracy stuff is getting quite old. As is the second guessing of ISI and the notion that any user would know how ISI should conduct their business.

15. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Quickly touching the Suzuka license, apparently to license the name and be official the cost is about $300,000 dollars (unless you're Gran Turismo) - very prohibitive and understandably why pCARS for example calls it by a fictional name. I am really looking forward to progress on the stuff that's cooking right now, I'm sure Thanksgiving time or Christmas may be busy times for our computers!

16. Tuttle

Yeah there is more stuff cooking in the oven but these are short term contents coming. Point is we can't stop the production to collect more similar content, for example to build a complete series. That's why we support modding.

So at the time we got a license and we like that place we sort it inside our list. It is not that different in other similar products, apart dedicated titles offering closed and complete series. Furthermore licensed means proper survey for us, so this kind of option has more priority and that's why we don't want to stop the production between surveys and data collection (process which needs time). We prefer to move on side projects and tasks, as complete half baked art, or tune and fix old contents etc. etc. I personally find this approach pretty efficient because we never stop producing stuff. :)

17. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

I must agree on this.
    Rfactor 2 is not following the path i expected. Last releases like Karts, Panoz, "Planes track", "that dirt thing i never tried", even the "all america spirit indy thing" are of any use to me, to my league or to my league members.
    Along last months i saw the number of players decreasing and im a bit concerned about the future of this project.
    I understand we all dont like same things but when i joined rfactor 1 and rfactor 2 i was searching for real racing. If we look to released content, we have a couple of very nice cars but very few places to race them. I dont use Mores to race a GT1 series or airports to race formula 3.5.
    Honestly, we are reaching the 3 year barrier since first beta release. It was time for scratch modding content to appear on a regular basis but that isnt happening and im afraid it never will.
    Dont know what i can say to cheer things up but im just saying what i feel. Not pointing fingers, nothing, just an unbiased look on rf2 actual state.

18. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

And for others, the amount of new drivers and teams has exploded to amounts which causes new problems since the league (read:"sim") simply can't fit them all... :p

19. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

There is. But not knowing when some of those would even get looked at, means there's no point mentioning them either.

20. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Most race tracks take whatever someone is dumb enough to pay them, yeah. But $300k seems a bit extreme of an estimate based on what I was quoted.