ISI Track Team Tweets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Miro, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

This would prevent people from abandoning the pitlane :D:

[​IMG]

2. Tony

Tony Registered

Yes that would do the trick Tuttle; maybe have an option in: Settings\Display\Normal Pit Crew ..or Totty :p

3. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

Fine but don't complain when grass grows over the track

4. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

:D I was just going to remark that the next complaint will be what animation looks like and compared to AC and not enough polys and helmet visor reflections aren't correct, etc., etc. but the totty option would instantly quash all comparisons lol

5. tjc

tjc Registered

Only problem with the totty would be nobody would want to leave the pits haha... :D

(The above comment is in no way intended to stop ISI from implementing this kind of pit crew... just in case :D)

6. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Again :eek:

7. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Some refueling :)
    Impressive I must say!

8. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

The GSC devs really are wringing every last morsel of possibilities out of the rF1 engine, Makes you wonder just how much is possible with the updated rF2 version of the engine and if we will ever see such things as dirt pick up and wing flex.

9. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

They cope fine with being a small team, that's for sure...

10. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

ISI Track Team ‏@ISITrackTeam 18h18 hours ago
    Tweet tweet tweet ... keeps everyone busy for another three pages :p ?!

Yeah, 18 hours ago but at least it's on topic. :p

11. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

blah blah blah the pit box issue ((not being able to see it) has been said many a time.. I mentioned it, many others have mentioned it having a pit crew isn't important although it would add to the effects, but knowing where to stop is important and the current system thats been there since day dot hasn't been changed is is almost un seeable in some instances

12. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I had that issue twice, once in a Brabham race in Monza where about 15 cars came to pit at the same time and I had no idea which stop was mine. The other was one of my very last ever online races, I was about 10s off P1 but well ahead of P3. I drove through the whole pitlane having missed the stop as it was not visible... luckily the game was large enough I finished in P2, but almost 50s off P1.

About the pitcrew subject, there's still no excuse for the way some people write and express themselves. Being rude and short will get you nowhere. You know what would be awesome added to the animated cows and ducks? Animated flocks of birds. That could be a 10-minute job done while eating a sandwich, who knows. Or having trackside crew especially in Tiger Moth include a few famous faces and marshalls dressed in white jalecos.

13. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Mmhh... "lollipop girls"... That does indeed sound better, doesn't it..?
    I say do it. Get those gals in there lol. That's the way to end ISI's impending crisis. ;)

14. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Let's just hope they give you the right "rubber" :D

15. Patronic

Patronic Banned

I understand your point. But even if the pit crew is only a art asset as well, it is directly related to the driving experience. Otherwise you can say, we dont need arms, steering wheel and the legs of the driver in cockpit view. but this things are necessary to get a feeling of realism.

16. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

People are increasingly confused by what a simulation is. The main use of a simulation is to PREDICT what would happen in the real world given certain inputs. So many people get this confused with the opposite which is REPRODUCING something that already exists. All the bell and whistles are nice as long as they do not dilute the main mission which is simulation. Sadly, however, like in any other endeavor there is opportunity cost in every feature you add despite what anyone says. Resources, testing, complexity, any product integration points like testing, forum noise, distribution, support, etc. are all complicated by the secondary mission of immersion which has nothing whatsoever to do with simulation. If you don't believe me just imagine how many more builds would be possible if focus was on physics and race simulation alone.

17. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

And you lost a bit of the ability to perceive context and understanding. :) See the response below.

18. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Again - I think the only content that pit crew works with is the 2011 FISI you don't even have anymore. It won't match up, and may look very silly - much worse than not having a crew at all - if added to current content. Please understand the context of previous replies. I understand what's being said about visible pit boxes, etc, but everyone seems pretty focussed on that 2011 FISI pit crew.

19. Patronic

Patronic Banned

I dont refer to that FISI pit crew. I refer to wasting time with unnecessary things instead of doing important things like make the pits better visible in some way or work on your collision bugs or whatever. Everything is more important than ANIMATED cows. holy.
    I mean where is the sense of a racing sim, if we have every weekend ridicoulos bugs in the league, but nice animated trackside objects?
    And than the tracks you release. You have several open wheeler cars released which are great, but you have no tracks for it?! The only 2 tracks which are good for open wheeler are Silverstone and Indy which are both great. But its not possible to drive a whole season with 2 tracks. I really dont want to have a league race on top gear test track lol...
    You really should be more open to what the community want, because the community are the ones, which pay your paycheck...

20. bwana

bwana Registered

Can just see it now , amorous cattle trackside . :p