ISI Track Team Tweets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Miro, Nov 13, 2013.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I can certainly not disagree. I would love to do a full set of cars, full set of tracks, to replicate a series, rather than other bits of content. Unfortunately for as many people who might want what I want (a full 1966 season of GP), there's many others who would want any other series that has ever existed. That is a problem with modern sims that I don't particularly like, they are not a complete sim of a specific experience, but it is what the market "wants" right now (everyone wants rf2 to be something different). You and I probably think quite alike, honestly.

2. Fabio Pittol

Fabio Pittol Registered

Totally agree with you.

Unfortunatelly, as can be seen throughout the community, the general opinion seems to be "oh, let me see how would it be to drive that road car I wanted to buy as a teenager, but didn't have the money". Every post about a car, be if from ISI, Kunos, SMS etc. turns into a poll of wanted road cars. It's almost like none of us got here by loving racing series. That is just sad.

3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I am going off a number I found out for another title, I'm glad they were more reasonable with you! Tell them you'll pay 150,000 (but yen, not dollars :p) and bam!

4. speed1

speed1 Banned

"In all honesty, as I came into the role, there was this sense in the marketplace that maybe we weren't doing all that we could for the player" -- Andrew Wilson ( EA CEO )

Off course it just counts if the player comes first :)

If youre intrested to read the rest here a link : http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea...changing-to-become-player-first/1100-6420699/

5. 88mphTim

Feel free to explain that one, because it would appear you're saying there's a comparison between anything to do with ISI, and EA.

6. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

7. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Oh but this argument just makes absolutely no sense.... "If the player comes first"..? Please explain how this could ever in million years materialize?

"If the player comes first"?? Okay so ISI should listen to you, speed. But, wait, they should also listen to me who want the exact opposite from you in a sim. But wow, no, hold on, they also have to listen to thousands of others too, each with their own personal preferences regarding this sim.

Now that ISI have listened to each and everyone's ideas and wishes. Should they then get on with creating, programming and implementing each and every wish?
    And if they don't, they must be pure devil spawn sent to earth to harass and ruin the lives of us poor sim racers? ;)

That's just not how it works, nor could it ever. The notion of ISI not looking out for its users is just silly, when you take a step and see what they're actually doing.

Thank you very very much for steering this back on course and away from far fetched comparisons between EA and ISI with insinuations of ISI only wanting to rip off, neglect and cheat its "true" customers.
    All talk and not much to show for it versus not so much talk and loads to show for it... Hmm...

Anyway... Can't wait for TPA screens. This really is such a great initiative imo.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
  8. speed1

speed1 Banned

There isn't, but it seems he understood the very basic fundamental rule when it comes to a target group, which are obviously called player for them, and i'm not sure if rf2 user are player, me isn't but a user and a customer is called the king in germany. :)

The player, user, customer or whatever you like to call it comes allways first, provided it is the target group. We like to say, the customer is King, if not we do wrong or we don't try to win him really. Of course it is not always possible and i'm not saying anybody have to listen to me, but to see the needs of a target group should actually be law for succes, and you can feel relaxed i don't need animated pitcrews and such, but maybe complete tire physics and similar, but at the same time it does not worry me because i have time, and it seems you guys too :)

9. stonec

stonec Registered

Well this is one way to rank customer wishes. Personally I would be happy if any one of those tracks listed would make it to rF2, almost all of those are classics.

The current content is in many ways enjoyable as well, don't get me wrong. I still think Spa 1966 looks excellent even if it's an old project, somehow it looks much better than Estoril which is from same time. Driving Spa with Howston is some experience I like to have at least once a month. And the top gear track is great for intimidating some visiting friends, it's easy enough for the random driver to drive but of course they all lose 3-5 seconds in laptime. But to get online and leagues activated, much of the current content is too niche.

10. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Yes! That is one thing I´ve noticed at first! That track looks... special. Espacially REAL and awesome!
    Don´t know what it is, and I don´t think it can be carried over to all other tracks, because they are very different in many ways.
    But I have to make a big compliment to ISI track team for this!!!
    One of the first and one of the best!

11. speed1

speed1 Banned

They do much impressive and I know that it is not always pleasant to be the vendor, seller, contractor, the person providing a service or the one who has to convince anyone,..... I have made this experience with my self-employment for many years but there is no other way as to sort key points and to focus on, which they should know better than anyone else, but i'm not sure if it should be content at all. :)

12. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

This isn't a "community project" like pCARS. I mean if that's what a "community sim" looks like, then the "community" should never have a say in any racing sim ever again! :D

Maybe you're just not the "target group" for this sim :)

13. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

WOW! I do not get the way some people think around here. First rFactor2 is a modable Sim not a sim focused on one type of car or series. ISI focusses on getting the simulation to reproduce accurate physics with features requested by the public. I think they have done a fine job up to this point making the sim more realistic. Now what the public needs to do is ask for better Documentation to help them Mod rFactor2 to produce quality Mods. It is great ISI is creating content for us to use and enjoy and they have already put out more content than they ever did for rFactor1 as most of rFactor1 was 3rd party Mods/Tracks. So instead of complaining and wasting time in the forum why not use your time to read up on content and learn how to create some of this stuff? It took me basically 2 months to learn 3DMax and feel comfortable with it. Now my Next track will not take as long as the first one as I understand how things are done now. All you have to do is ask the right questions and you will get the right help needed.....
    Ok that is my public post for the year!

Cheers!

14. speed1

speed1 Banned

Possible, that i'm not the target group who don't likes to use a sim with tires in developement for more than two years without any change, or lot's of other user not beeing convienced by the triple support and other incomplete features, maybe they are also not the target group. Maybe the target group are really players like you seemingly beeing lucky already,.............who knows who is the real target group. :)

I have time, I'll be watching relaxed if I someday will fit to the targeted audience. :)

15. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

My thoughts exactly. Democracy fails in so many ways in a lot of areas, especially in regards to games and software.

As I've said numerous times, ISI holds the key, it is their vision, it's their baby, it's their time and resources. I am just thankful that those guys are strong enough to believe so strongly in what their doing. It is why we now have a sim that is nothing like the others on the market, it's what makes it so special and great.

Look at the alternatives... let everyone have a say, and you'll end up with a watered down directionless product, that may seem very attractive but actually holds no depth and no longevity at all.

16. matf1

matf1 Registered

This! Never in my 20+ years sim racing have I experienced anything close to what ISI and the wonderful modders provide for us. These guys are my Rockstars.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

17. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

ISI is the Mozart of sim racing while most others are just tween pop lol! :D

18. stonec

stonec Registered

Well this same "directionless" holds true for rF2. There are karts, historics, ovals, a bit of dirt, formula, GT, nascar, street cars, endurance. Focus is basically on everything but no category has enough content to run a league alone. I would rather race on content as voted here, because those tracks are more generally suitable for all types of cars.

Anyway I'm glad to see this spread out focus will change a bit in future, as there has now been a clear shift to oval content and delivery of 2-3 tracks for Nascars.

19. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

'Directionless' does in no way hold true for rF2, not at all.

It has a very clear cut direction which is that ISI creates content in as many directions as possible, all different kinds of cars with great variety, so the modders can pick it up from there and create full series. We as users benefit so much from this, and will benefit for years to come.

So yeah, this has an extremely clear direction which ISI sticks to by the letter. Again, this is what makes it stand out in such a positive light. Other sims, with pCars as the most obvious example, allow themselves to be somewhat dictated by a bunch of users who basically either don't know what they want, why they want it or if it'll even benefit the sim.

Hardcore sim racers and casual arcade players side by side, 'united' in a very vague and bound-to-fail effort to be part of 'the best racing game in the Universe' type of deal.

This could make for a much more spineless watered down product, which is of course very hyped, console-like AAA hype, but will most likely be forgotten within a year or so. Democracy fails miserably when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2014
  20. 88mphTim

It's nice that you think the customer is king in Germany. But in reality if you walk into a coffee shop, you can only buy coffee, you cannot demand for them to sell you something else, and when they give reasons why not, tell them that you pay their wages and act like you own them. Feel free to try it and see how much of a king you feel.

The needs of the target group? It's like you don't read what's posted but somehow have an opinion anyway. See my previous post(s).